SCAM: Kyle Fuller out of Georgia - Be Careful!

Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider.

By sc93cobra

2 months ago

Stats

• Started 2 months ago
  • 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by sc93cobra

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 69 days ago

Just a PSA for everyone. I was scammed into sending someone money for a pair of pinballs (Tycoon and RBION) and an old slot machine last week. This was to a guy by the name of Kyle Fuller, whom Jason Wilson and I both have bought games from before. He actually hit up Jason and I both for this deal, Jason passed on it and I took him up on it. He had me send the money to another guy in the hobby, Daniel Dippolito. I had no idea it was going to someone else, I was just given an email to send the money to via PayPal. He then got Daniel to send the money to him via a service at Walmart.
    Either way, I want to make folks aware of what has happened that it might not happen to you. Kyle has turned off all his forms of communication and claimed to be moving out of state to Colorado to Jason and I, from Suwannee, Georgia. Just giving you guys a heads up. It took me doing some detective work, finding his parents in George via google and an address he'd given me and Jason to check shipping prices. Jenn May was supposed to pick these games up for me and alerted me to not being able to get in touch with him which is how I moved fast on it all. Please be careful out there. It does appear that I will be getting my money back through PayPal and the bank working together. However, I'm afraid Daniel may not. It was $2500, so that's not easy for anyone to lose these days.

#2 68 days ago

Your very lucky to be getting your money back.
    -Mike

#3 68 days ago

Good to see the heads up. I wonder if we will see the other side of the story at any point?

In the meantime, it may be helpful if you can provide any other identifying information (pinside name, etc) just because, beleive it or not, a lot of transactions may happen without ever knowing someone's full name!

(just no personally identifiable info like home address posted of course!)

#4 68 days ago

$2500 for a RBIOn and a Tycoon? If it sounds to good to be true... it probably is.

#5 68 days ago
    Quoted from d0n:

$2500 for a RBIOn and a Tycoon? If it sounds to good to be true... it probably is.

It looks like it was $2500 for RBION, Tycoon and a slot machine...

#6 68 days ago

No. That had to be a deposit.

#7 68 days ago

In all fairness the 2500 may have been a deposit...

#8 68 days ago

Is Dan the guy carpetbombing Facebook pinball for sale groups with semi-literate rants about "RED NECK FAGS" who stole his money?

Sucks that he got scammed but the guy certainly benefits from a spokesperson like 93cobra.

#10 68 days ago

Thanks for sharing info to us about this scammer.

#11 68 days ago

Curious if you don't mind sharing - what was the total "deal" price of RBION, RCT and Juke Box?

I had actually asked Kyle (in December I think) about a price for RCT and he wouldn't quote me. Just said he had too much in it so he wanted a lot out of it.

#12 68 days ago

That sucks! I've bought things from Danny Dippolito in CO before and everything went well - sounds like he is going to get the short end of the stick.

#13 68 days ago

I should have known everyone would be very concerned about the "deal" lol. So here's the quick and short of it. Kyle hit Jason (DreamTR) up about a week ago. Said he really wanted to move and start fresh, yada yada. Needed money to move and only had a couple of games left and was getting out anyway. Told us he's sell them cheap cheap so that we could still afford to ship them, fix what needed to be done and make a buck. So he offered up the two pins and a slot (which was actually a repo of an older mills machine - but nice). So Jason passed on it, and I said hit me up with what you are looking for. So then he PM'd me and he said, give me $3k for the 3 machines. I then haggled with him for a bit, offering 2400, then he 2650, then I at 2500. ---- Not that any of this as anything to do with the fact we were scammed, but there ya go. Yes, it was a fantastic deal, one of them supposedly had issues etc. He played it like he knew we could buy stuff and get him money quick, again we had both bought from him before, in fact the last time was a truckload of games, which he delivered to us in Nashville.
    So then he sent me an email to pay the money to, which was Daniel's, I didn't know this till I paid and saw Daniel's name which I recognized from around the hobby. Asked Kyle, he said, "yeah he's taking in the money for me" or something like that. Then he talked him into sending it to him through Walmart. When I figured out Monday morning after talking with his mom that I had been scammed I got my bank and PayPal working to get my money back - which I really didn't know if that would even happen. I really believe the right lady answered the phone at PayPal on Monday. SHe's even called me twice since then to check on things.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is Dan the guy carpetbombing Facebook pinball for sale groups....

So this was Daniel, but at the time he was writing this he was thinking I was in on the scam and in his eyes I had taken his money. He just didn't know what had happened and was rightfully upset. He and I are on the same page now, but I'm afraid he's not going to see his money back. Which I really do hate for him.

Hope that helps clear a couple of questions out there. Sorry I've been dealing with plating stuff all day. In the midst of the crazy happenings of Monday our modem went down and it took 3 trips to get a good one for some dumb reason. Then getting my printer on with the new setup etc, I've been behind and while trying to get a ton of orders out and a bunch coming in too.

Hope this post keeps others from getting scammed, but if nothing else it's a reminder that it can happen to anyone of us anytime. I've been doing this for years, and I buy TONS of games a year. Last time I got scammed was by RAM Controls probably 8-10 years ago (arcade parts guy/place). So I do feel fortunate it docent's happen often and it makes me all the more grateful for all the GOOD transaction I have all the time with so many good folks in the hobby.

Alright, back to playing with bubble wrap and parts. You know how those pinball guys get...
    Chris

#14 68 days ago

That makes more sense. I saw Dan blowing you up on Facebook and was like, "No way Chris is in on this mess."

Semi-literate? You're kind, Levi.

#15 68 days ago

This guy has been selling Multicades here in the north metro Atl. area for quite some time. I guess he just decided to go out with a bang(scam). If I see him, I will get a couple of hundred in fingers, for you!

#16 68 days ago
    Quoted from emkay:

That makes more sense. I saw Dan blowing you up on Facebook and was like, "No way Chris is in on this mess."
    Semi-literate? You're kind, Levi.

Well I appreciate you saying that. I believe everything happens for a reason. It could have been worse. I hope Daniel is able to prosecute him but I'm not sure he wants to fool with it. I did tell him I'd share all the messaging between he/myself and, he/Jason/myself. It's all spelled out there in those.

#17 67 days ago

I agree. I recognize Chris' name. I think I bought Star Trek Pro from him over email and PayPal. Stand up guy.

#18 67 days ago

I'm surprised PayPal would return funds. Was money sent friends and family or as regular business transaction?

#19 67 days ago

Kyle Fuller is a known scammer. He's done this before and will again unless you get the authorities involved.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=352155

#20 67 days ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Kyle Fuller is a known scammer. He's done this before and will again unless you get the authorities involved.
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=352155

Wow.

#21 67 days ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

I'm afraid he's not going to see his money back. Which I really do hate for him.

You and Daniel were both involved with a scammer named Kyle, which is very unfortunate.

But you were able to retrieve 100% of your cash back at Daniel's expense, not Kyle's.

If you really do hate that for him, you could always split the loss.

#22 66 days ago
    Quoted from RTS:

You and Daniel were both involved with a scammer named Kyle, which is very unfortunate.
    But you were able to retrieve 100% of your cash back at Daniel's expense, not Kyle's.
    If you really do hate that for him, you could always split the loss.

I get what you are saying, but he asked me to send money in a similar way and I said no. I wouldn't make the mistake that Daniel did of sending it that way. I would never send money through something like that. I feel bad for Daniel, I really do, but I can't pay the price of him making a mistake I would not make. Daniel should never have been involved in this in my opinion. It should have been a red light that he wanted him to receive money from someone else (me), then turn around and pay it in a different way. When I was paying Kyle I thought I was sending Kyle the money - I didn't know it was a third party. When I mentioned to Kyle that I needed to make sure I had the money in my account, Kyle said I could just send it through Walmart, I said no, I'll do PayPal, I just need a day or so to get it straight. That was for my protection. I can feel sorry for someone, but it doesn't mean I take on the repercussion of paying for the mistake someone else made. I deal with people everyday in my full-time work as a pastor who have gotten themselves into a jam for bad decisions. I feel bad for them, I really do, and I do what I can to help them, sometimes doing much more than what the rest of the world will - many times giving them a chance to do something the rest of the world won't. I've learned the hard way over the years that I can't fix everything for everyone and people have to learn from their mistakes or they will never get better. This is apples and oranges but I think you can see what I'm talking about. I learned this lesson 10 years ago when I got scammed by another guy. I have offered to Daniel to make all of my messages available (he has most of them already) and I'd even give testimony if he wants to prosecute the guy, I'm all for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 189.99
    $ 9.95
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinbology
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.