• 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

What do you think? chicago.craigslist.org link

#3 5 years ago

Pssst...I have this bridge spanning this swamp in Missouri...all you have to do is gimme your account number and your credit card number...

#4 5 years ago

Rubberfist I love your pic. You don' Fu%# with the Jesus man!

#5 5 years ago

I've seen those a lot lately on certain Missouri and Southern Illinois CL. I used a throw away email and they responded that they had just sold it, but if I go to a certain auction site I could find more. Definitely a scam.

#6 5 years ago

All that said, there was one local here for $800. Missed it by a few minutes to one of our local flippers, but it was real. He sold it at an auction, I want to say $2300 but I can't really remember.

#7 5 years ago

Yeah if it was real it's gone by now either way.

#8 5 years ago

If it's too good to be true...

#9 5 years ago

Exactly sounds to good to be true scam

#10 5 years ago

Lately there has been quite a few of them. Cyclone in Ohio was a scam too..

#11 5 years ago

The latest CL "scam" is more advertising. You reply and receive a canned response saying that it sold, but that similar cheap items can be purchased by going to quickbids or another one of those scam job 1 cent auction sites. And if you don't believe that the penny auction sites are a scam, well, I've got a million dollar house I'm selling for $100,000 in Hawaii.

#12 5 years ago

These are everywhere. Flag and avoid.

#13 5 years ago

say you live in IL and say you want to go look at it and see what happens

#14 5 years ago

Not sure if it is a scam for certain but its totally not real. I feel like I have seen the third pic before, the playfield looks cleared and beautiful.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I've got a million dollar house I'm selling for $100,000 in Hawaii.

Yeah, but it's not right on the water so, I'll give you $10,000 for it.

#16 5 years ago

There were some cheap machines on Boston Craigslist as of late. $350 Party Zone, $300 Taxi, and $250 Cyclone which all looked to be in reasonably good shape. None of them mentioned anything about credit cards or PayPal or any of that crap.

#17 5 years ago

Shockingly, the ad is currently still up (10 hours after first post above). Obvious scam though.

#18 5 years ago

I've actually sent a reply to that ad within the first hour of when it posted. Told him I would buy it and to give me a call to make arrangements. Haven't heard anything yet. Pretty sure it was a scam to begin with, but I don't mind trying, just in case.

#19 5 years ago

It was a scam, I emailed and got a reply from another email address saying that it just sold and that they bought it from some other site and they get them dirt cheap to flip them.

#20 5 years ago

There are a few of these in Florida right now also.

jacksonville.craigslist.org link

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

The latest CL "scam" is more advertising. You reply and receive a canned response saying that it sold, but that similar cheap items can be purchased by going to quickbids or another one of those scam job 1 cent auction sites. And if you don't believe that the penny auction sites are a scam, well, I've got a million dollar house I'm selling for $100,000 in Hawaii.

Helpful to see. I was wondering what's in it for someone to scam on CL and waste someone else's time. Bait and switch...

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

These are everywhere. Flag and avoid.

Hey man! I saved those Taxi decals for you, but never heard back from you. Others have wanted them, but I saved it for you. If you still want, just send me a SASE envelope. If not, let me know.

#23 5 years ago

They have been coming up lately around omaha and surrounding areas as well with g mail address scams and bots to collect your emails

#24 5 years ago

If you google the email address that's given in those ads you'll see they have things for sale in a number of different places - definitely a scam of some type.

Dave

#25 5 years ago

The real scam is asking 4500 for that title!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Hey man! I saved those Taxi decals for you, but never heard back from you. Others have wanted them, but I saved it for you. If you still want, just send me a SASE envelope. If not, let me know.

Oh crap! I totally forgot. You are a good man for saving those, I will get that to you right away.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

The real scam is asking 4500 for that title!

I thought Elvira's went for $600 all day long.

Yeah $4500 is steep for that title.

#28 5 years ago

Usually quick Google search for the images and the truth will reveal itself. They don't work too hard at trying to find unique images. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that Addams Family in front of the garage door for sale.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 45.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside