Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

Hello,

here my story about https://cointaker.com/

Sory because my english is not my original language , i will try to explain

I did buy for almost 900$ of stuff (with 70 $ of shipement) to cointaker , i receveided a order confirmation to my mail some minute again.

5 day after i sent first mail asking if all was ok with my order because i have no update ?

- no answer at all ( [email protected] and [email protected] )

9 Day after i sent second mail asking some update and when my order will be shipped ?

12 day after i send last mail telling i will make a dispute paypal if i get no answer ....

I did finaly a dispute paypal , and they finaly answered mail with a canceling order without telling me anything

Hello Marc ,
    Your order has been cancelled. Let us know if you have any questions.
    We hope to see you again soon.
    Thanks

they refunded me a part but not all !!! The shippement is missing !

since 2 day i m contacting cointaker by mail / facebook and off course = No answer !

Cointaker solen me slot 70 $ this website is a scam , becarefull to you

i definitaly lost my money , and paypal can t do anything to me because shippement is not a "product" so they refunded only the product no the shipping service.

** Mod note: Edited thread title (Cointaker are not a scam company) **

#2 1 year ago

Um... Not a scam.
    Cointaker is a well known vendor.
    I think if you really have a beef with this vendor... then you owe it to yourself to follow thru with the Paypal Dispute.
    I doubt they would keep your shipping if they cancelled your order.

I think you are only telling us part of your story.

#3 1 year ago

paypal dispute is already done , and they refunded me only the items , no the shippement ...

why i should liar ? i don t get it ? why i should lost my time trying to get back my money ? i have realy other thing to do to write wrong things

It s the full story, actualy i get refunded of the stuff , not the shippement

why they never answered me one time after several mail since now 14 days ?

so , for you , cointaker is good, so i liar it s not possible ... i don t thinks it help anyone

if you don t trust my story , i can understand it , but It's the truth actuatly i m missing 69,95$

#4 1 year ago

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with your order.

CoinTaker is pretty well regarded by everyone I've ever talked to. They certainly are not scammers.

It seems like a piece of the story is missing somewhere.

It's possible that if you are using a foreign email address that the email server decided to quarantine your messages (foreign address, plus financial keywords, plus paypal could increase the spam scoring of the message). Or, there could have been problems the other way--did you check your junk/spam folder?

I've had orders with certain suppliers held up before when they sent a message about a certain item being out of stock and asking what I might want to do (hold the order until restock, ship as-is, or substitute something else).

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from marcus600:

paypal dispute is already done , and they refunded me only the items , no the shippement ...
    why i should liar ? i don t get it ? why i should lost my time trying to get back my money ? i have realy other thing to do to write wrong things
    It s the full story, actualy i get refunded of the stuff , not the shippement
    why they never answered me one time after several mail since now 14 days ?
    so , for you , cointaker is good, so i liar it s not possible ... i don t thinks it help anyone
    if you don t trust my story , i can understand it , but It's the truth actuatly i m missing 69,95$

Cointaker refunded you the goods but not the shipment, so in that respect the Paypal dispute can still proceed. Did Paypal inform you they closed the dispute ?

#6 1 year ago

Cointaker has always done right by me. Yes sometimes it might take a little bit, but they are good folks. I cancelled a preorder for Oktoberfest about a year ago (wish I didn’t) and they were very easy to work with.

#7 1 year ago

Op is not a Noobie he has been around longer then most of us

But I thunk these days if u cancel something the vendors get stuck with PayPal fees which is stupid , correct me if I’m wrong

#8 1 year ago

This reminds me at a situation at work where one of the senior guys (26 years with the company) who reports to me, got his reputation trashed because of one slip up that pissed off some people.

Cointaker seems to be on a similar path. Well established company that gets defended by people on pinside but with so-so performance recently. My own experience with them is “ok”. Some practices seem cynical/exploitative (like the $1 Godzilla preorders where they must know that they won’t be able to deliver in a reasonable time “Stern’s fault” but count on the “what the heck it’s just $1” mind set and effectively will get free cash when people don’t go through the $1 cancellation hassles).

#9 1 year ago

I don t mind wait some more day because cointaker can t get my order at time , it s ok for me , but no answer at all to my mail is unprofetional ,

i used 4 différent account mail for asking them to refund me the shippement , and contacted cointaker by facebook also, and still do not answer me on any mail or facebook

paypal did the job and asking directly cointaker to refund me the Shippement ...i have to wait

but well, this compagny have maybe a Very good feedback (at the past i already oredred to this compagny)

but actualy they doing shit and stolen me 69 $ .... i did not miss any part of my story....

- Odering 900 $ of stuff
    - waiting ... no news...
    - no answer, after 3 mails
    - dispute paypal
    - cointaker canceled my order without refund me the 69$ of shippement

i do not know what piece of story is missing...

i get not any reply of them , i only get the mail of ordering and the mail about canceling my order....

right now, i m sory , but it s shit compagny ... i have my own compagny and i never did this to my customer...and especially not rob them of 69$

this world starting to be realy crazy

#10 1 year ago

Cointaker took great care of me when I bought JP from them
    Would highly recommend them

Positive that did not receive your messages or there was another logical issue - did you ever try calling them on the phone?

#11 1 year ago

Cointaker is my go-to vendor for everything. Bought dozens of NIB games from them and oodles of accessories and parts. They are stand up people and always do right. Sorry you had a bad experience but something doesn’t seem right here.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

This reminds me at a situation at work where one of the senior guys (26 years with the company) who reports to me, got his reputation trashed because of one slip up that pissed off some people.
    Cointaker seems to be on a similar path. Well established company that gets defended by people on pinside but with so-so performance recently. My own experience with them is “ok”. Some practices seem cynical/exploitative (like the $1 Godzilla preorders where they must know that they won’t be able to deliver in a reasonable time “Stern’s fault” but count on the “what the heck it’s just $1” mind set and effectively will get free cash when people don’t go through the $1 cancellation hassles).

LMAO $1 is free cash? LOL. It’s their way of building an interest list without taking $1000 deposits for games they know could be 1-2 years out. To me that is a stand up thing to do, other vendors would take your $1000 and make you wait 1-2 years. $1 to get on a list seems awesome possum to me. They surely are not building their profits on your $1, LOL

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Cointaker is my go-to vendor for everything. Bought dozens of NIB games from them and oodles of accessories and parts. They are stand up people and always do right. Sorry you had a bad experience but something doesn’t seem right here.

Ever stop to think that because you bought dozens of NIB and oodles of accessories that you get a different Cointaker experience?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Ever stop to think that because you bought dozens of NIB and oodles of accessories that you get a different Cointaker experience?

I’m sure the OP will get made whole

#15 1 year ago

I never have had a problem with cointaker. Have purchased several games and items through them. Never an issue, and if there was, Melissa would make things rite. Im sure they will for you too

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from newovad:

I only ever bought one game from them pre-covid and they took very good care of me when there was a purchase/delivery issue

#17 1 year ago

Sounds like this is just a communication issue, unfortunately. Cointaker are great people, super nice and very reasonable. I can see your frustration, but keep trying, they will make it right.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

LMAO $1 is free cash? LOL. It’s their way of building an interest list without taking $1000 deposits for games they know could be 1-2 years out. To me that is a stand up thing to do, other vendors would take your $1000 and make you wait 1-2 years. $1 to get on a list seems awesome possum to me. They surely are not building their profits on your $1, LOL

This. I bet the $1 doesn’t even cover the lost labor when somebody cancels

#19 1 year ago

After communication with Cointaker, it looks to me like they did everything right and refunded the order. Cointaker are well established and certainly not scammers.

marcus600 contact me if you need any more assistance with this, but from what Cointaker told me, I believe this case is now closed.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-alerte-cointaker- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.