Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brock (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20200409-094443_Chrome (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BronzeCircularGlowworm-size_restricted.gif
    20190321_050338_HDR (resized).jpg
    20190321_045630_HDR (resized).jpg
    72FA9A9E-D61F-456D-8E3D-9290A443D1C6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190320-191859_Chrome (resized).jpg
    BSD teaser 3 (resized).jpg
    BSD teaser 2 (resized).jpg
    BSD teaser (resized).jpg
    And-murder-will-kill-you-a-thief-will-steal-from-y (resized).jpeg
    DracMod_2 (resized).jpg
    DracMod_1 (resized).jpg
    FEB12D77-D8AC-465A-881D-E362A8D1ED99 (resized).jpeg
    images-22 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KHL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I paid pinball_customs for my BSD coffin mod that he was advertising as a special for 150.00 back in early July, in mid August I contacted him asking when I'd receive the item. I got a reply over a month ago that it shipped, since then he won't reply top inside emails or direct emails to his website http://www.pinballcustoms.com does anyone know this guy?

I'm pretty bummed out at this point and have asked him for a refund, customer contact with an email is pretty easy IMO so dropping off the map is no way to deal with a dissatisfied customer. I also got no answer when I specifically asked for tracking info for my package. What's even lamer is I can't pursue a claim because I messed up and sent the money as a "gift" on PayPal, just have to hope he's honest but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with him and can advise me here.

Thanks!

Karl

#20 6 years ago

Sorry not sorry, when you say it shipped 5 weeks ago then follow it up a week later with a "whoops, yours is in this next batch I swear!" and then I wait only to email again over waiting another month with no goods received then I'd say you definitely aren't operating like a professional business. Since I am a first (and last!) time buyer, how the hell am I supposed to know if you are indeed a stand up guy? Especially after emailing you several times after the fact with no follow up.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

Calling this a scam is a bit over the top. Scam to me means willful deceit, like the Predator guy who scammed people with pre-orders. The Pinball customs guy had no intention to rip people off. He is just behind on some orders. Cut him him some slack.

#21 6 years ago

WEIRD! I have an email img I have attached from over a month ago, I'd go ahead and demand a refund and buy from a reputable dealer at this point.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Karl... Like you I took advantage of the july4th special and am still waiting. Brock did post on another thread that orders were going out last week Sunday but again... Nothing yet. I come home from work hoping to see a delivery from Canada...nothing but disapointment

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).png

#22 6 years ago

What's funny is that if you were being honest I would have received my item over three weeks ago, I guess sending me my 150.00 is pretty much an admission of lying to me - am I right?

Quoted from pinball_customs:

Hey all, I'm still alive. I agree 100%, my lack of customer service has been unacceptable. No excuses for it. I've simply bitten off more than I can chew. That said, I should be all caught up by the end of the week a d will be taking a step back for a while. Working 2 jobs and watching the kids, it's difficult to keep up with shipping and customer service effectively. I've decided after this that I'll sell my products exclusively through 3rd party vendors such as Mezelmods, Cointaker and Pinball Decals. That way I can still produce the parts and they can handle all shipping and customer service inquiries.
    Again, apologies to all I've disappointed... I certainly feel like I've let you all down.
    KHL, you'll get your refund.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).png

#30 6 years ago

Not yet, as of this morning I still have not received my 150.00 from pinball_customs

Quoted from Mike_J:

You got him Columbo.

#31 6 years ago

Ok then, please go ahead and send me my money TODAY. As of this moment I have not received a refund and if getting it turns into the same run around getting my mod has been this will be no fun for either of us. So actually, come to think of it you bullshitted me 2x. The first time was telling me it went out the week before you told me it was definitely in the next batch, THIS IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS! Then to not answer my update requests for parcel tracking, maybe you should go ahead and just take down your businesses website if you are now trying to frame it like this is "just for fun" because you certainly took my 150.00 without blinking and it's now been 1/4 of a year since I have paid you.

I build and ship in batches. I apologize that your shipment was not in that batch. I'm only one man, these take a very long time to build and paint, and I refuse to cut corners to save time. If I'm not happy with the quality, it doesn't get shipped.
    Again, I apologize to all for being such a pain to deal with. This is not my main source of income. If you are upset I will do what I must to make things right. I am definitely not a scammer.

1 week later
    #38 6 years ago

He required payment upfront, a more salient business model might include a shipping ETA. Having no info on how long it would take to receive my item I sent the money without much thought, every other vendor I've dealt with here on Pinside has been incredibly swift to ship. The nail in the coffin (haha) was been lied to twice that mine was in the mail, that's immediate grounds for never getting my support again.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Why would you pay upfront? Most of the custom mods I've purchased were paid for upon shipment....typically they decide how many they want to make, put a list together of interested parties, and then then send out an invoice once its ready to ship. I've done this several times with no issues....

1 week later
    #74 6 years ago

This sucks but I am very sad to report that after appearing refunding my 150.00 for the BSD mod I never got via PayPal (deposit initially said it would take one week to clear so I neglected to look at it 7 days later) yesterday I went to my PayPal to discover that pinball_customs had conveniently CANCELLED my refund, see attached pic. Of course now he claims he didn't do this and when I put him on blast on a few FB pinball groups he threatened to tattle to the authorities. Dear Brock, please just do the right thing and give me my money back.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.18.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.18.28 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.37 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.47 AM (resized).png

#75 6 years ago

Sure, it just sucks that the guy said he'd go ahead and refund me, sent a payment that was going to take 7 days to clear and then unbeknownst to me (until yesterday) cancelled his PayPal reimbursement.

Quoted from Dooskie:

seems to me that someone who's been an asset to the pinball community for this long ought to be given some leeway, especially if there are mitigating circumstances. I can understand why some people might be a little jumpy after what's happened with some pinball companies that have made promises and have NEVER delivered. But that's not the case here. It's obvious he's working to make things right, so why continue to crucify him?

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).png

#76 6 years ago

Brock, I think all anyone would ask is to please let them know ahead of time that you are going to cancel a payment, that's what an honest business person would do. You gave me zero heads up about this, in fact you weren't even so kind as to give me the reason you are giving here for rescinding payment IT JUST WAS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT! Lastly, as for "smearing you" stop doing business like a crook and you'll do much better, sir. Please feel free to retain a lawyer and file a slander suit against me. Also, you never sent me an invoice for my purchase! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS AGAIN?

Before KHL spews more stuff here like he is all over social media, let me head him off by stating I didn't "cancel" any refund.
    Karl, you paid via "friends and family". I therefore refunded you the same way but upon research during my break here at work, I realized that meant the refund was coming out of my personal checking account -- unfortunately there was not enough funds in this account to issue the refund (resulting in a $45 NSF fee for my error). Next time you purchase online, I highly recommend you send money the proper way (goods and services) to avoid any problems with other online retailers.
    Please allow me to absorb the $45 and give me opportunity to correct the issue (preferably while not at work) before smearing my name and personal information all over social media. If you continue to do so, I will be forced to contact your local authorities and file a harassment claim.
    Thank you for your patience.

#78 6 years ago

Oh but there is more! He just messaged me on FB. Yeah, I'll bet that he cancels that refund as well. This guy is apparently goddamn career criminal and compulsive liar not to mention a whining cry baby.

"You have harassed me using my personal Facebook account. I have screenshots and will forward to your local authorities and to my attorney.

In the meantime I will send another e-check, so be prepared to wait another 2 weeks.

In future to avoid any further problems with online vendors I suggest you send money for goods and services in the proper manner, and NOT by "friends or family" as I am certainly neither of those.

Good day, sir." - Brock Hemming

Quoted from homebrood:

What a joke, just another excuse and saying he's harrasing you for the money, that he's been waiting for like forever, and then cancelling the refund is so weak. Oh I didn't know it was coming out of my account? You chose the payment source when you send it and if you found out then you resend it using the proper method as you so eloquently put it. Just horrible to be so dishonest and slimy.
    I don't care how many customers were satisfied and everyone has family and health issue but you don't lie and treat people like this and them promise to make it right only to cancel and provide further excuses. The authorities would laugh in your face about the harassment claims! Just pay the guy and shut it.

#79 6 years ago

Because he was listing it at a SPECIAL SUMMER PRICE! Of 150.00 and was supposedly doing a limited run of 10. What a crock that apparently was.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Why would you pay upfront? Most of the custom mods I've purchased were paid for upon shipment....typically they decide how many they want to make, put a list together of interested parties, and then then send out an invoice once its ready to ship. I've done this several times with no issues....

#94 6 years ago

Geez guy, good to know it's still basically all my fault. Just pay me what you owe me and kindly go away, thank you.

OK Karl, I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to repeat myself.. Again.
    I DID NOT CANCEL ANYTHING ON MY END.
    Paypal cancelled it because there was not enough money in my PERSONAL account to cover the refund. YES I will correct this. YES I take a $45 hit on my end for this error. NO,I'm not making this up. NO I'm not trying to steal you money as you've been claiming on Facebook. You need to calm down and let me fix the problem. I work shift work and cannot always look into things that very instant. The fact that you brought my personal information and Facebook profile into this mess is 100% unnecessary. I've been making mods for this community since 2008, and everyone knows they either get their mods or they get a refund. I never hold either from my customers. In fact, I've gone as far as replacing my parts 2 years after purchase FOR FREE.
    As for "the blame game", of course I blame no one but myself for all this. I merely reminded Karl to purchase goods using the proper method in the future. That way he would have been able to file his claim and receive his refund with no hiccups, problem solved. To bring my family into this crosses a line.

#96 6 years ago

Nope read it. The fact you gave me zero heads up and I had to REPORT THE FACT THAT IT CANCELLED to you because he didn't tell me says it all, good day and pay me my money now.

Clearly you didn't read the entire post.

#97 6 years ago

It's weird what you get when you serve it honestly instead of stacking people's cash and then failing to follow through on your end of the professional agreement, worlds apart really!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

.....and a pleasant reminder to those who ask why retirement from serving the Public is a Pleasure!

#98 6 years ago

You may want to reacquaint yourself with the current state of Brock cancelling his refund on me without letting me know "the bank done did it to him" it's a scam until I get my money back, four months and counting now.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Title edited to remove "scam alert".

9 months later
    #165 5 years ago

Haven't checked this thread for awhile, last I heard Brock was going to retire from this horrible business where he still get's paid even if people don't receive their products. I've had two people reach out to me within the last 48 hrs, one is a very well known mod manufacturer who Brock is currently hosing for 25 pieces that clients are patiently waiting for. The other is a private individual who is getting ripped off by this charlatan. I wonder, is there any hobby other than pinball that people can get away with this much BS? Sorry Brock but YOUR health, life, finances are your own business and not the burden of the people who send you their hard earned money and get continual excuses as to why they aren't receiving said products.

Pretty simple: stop taking orders and refund the money. robin Why do you allow thieves to continue to operate on Pinside?

And-murder-will-kill-you-a-thief-will-steal-from-y (resized).jpegAnd-murder-will-kill-you-a-thief-will-steal-from-y (resized).jpeg

#166 5 years ago

robin TigerLaw Is there anybody listening? SCAM ALERT

Quoted from Pinwow:

Pinside should probably step in and do an account freeze by this point....like I said previously I’m just now finding out about this thread. Who knows how many other Pinsiders are currently filing claims with PayPal.....

#167 5 years ago

The only disorder we know Brock has for sure is IWILLSTEALYOURFUCKINGMONEYANDHAVELOTSOFEXCUSESFORNOTSENDINGYOUYOURPURCHASEITIS and maybe a small case of pathological lying and or another personality disorder.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Sorry to hear you have not been well. I have known a lot of people that suffer with the same disorder. Please listen to your doctors and follow their advice on meds and treatment but communicate how each one makes you feel and work with them to find the right balance. The worst thing is to go against the prescriptions and stop taking the meds without an alternatively prescribed plan. best wishes

#168 5 years ago

Moving on to ripping off new marks, nice work. I really hope we get to meet face to face at a show sometime.

Done and done! Whew glad that's over with. Moving on...

#184 5 years ago

Because he's still getting paid, it's what thieves do!

Quoted from DCFAN:I don't understand why he is/was still taking pre-paid orders. I thought he specifically said he would change that and third party vendors would be taking the orders for his mods. :

#185 5 years ago

A "fellow pinhead" with a business website who takes peoples money, lies to them about when their goods are being shipped and lies some more when confronted about his shady business practices but is still putting cash in the bank while we scream, that's not a fellow pinhead: that is a fucking asshole.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not a scam. Just a fellow Pinhead that does good work, but has some personal issues that need his time over business and failed to act as needed.
    Jpop, Kevin, Those were scams.

#186 5 years ago

Thanks for the update! I take no pleasure in all of this, I got really revved up when folks reached out to me the other day to inform he is still ripping folks off though.

Quoted from robin:

I have frozen his Pinside shop a few weeks ago, after I got some complaints about non delivery. I don’t think freezing his user account resolves anything, it only leads to less communication.
    AFAIK, he is no longer offering/selling anything via Pinside at this point. Let me know if otherwise.
    FYI, when I asked about it (a few weeks ago), Brock assured me he would make everyone whole. We agreed he would stop selling items (at least via Pinside) until he gets better. That’s all I know right now, sorry.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KHL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-alert-pinballcustomscom-not-delivering-item-or-replying?tu=KHL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.