Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brock (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20200409-094443_Chrome (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BronzeCircularGlowworm-size_restricted.gif
    20190321_050338_HDR (resized).jpg
    20190321_045630_HDR (resized).jpg
    72FA9A9E-D61F-456D-8E3D-9290A443D1C6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190320-191859_Chrome (resized).jpg
    BSD teaser 3 (resized).jpg
    BSD teaser 2 (resized).jpg
    BSD teaser (resized).jpg
    And-murder-will-kill-you-a-thief-will-steal-from-y (resized).jpeg
    DracMod_2 (resized).jpg
    DracMod_1 (resized).jpg
    FEB12D77-D8AC-465A-881D-E362A8D1ED99 (resized).jpeg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 6 years ago

Brock, you don't want to try using Mezel as your distributer? Selling mods is their m.o. and much of what they carry is made by others. Always liked that business model, as it makes sense. Allows a manufacturer to make the mod and then Mezel lists it, sells it, ships it, keeps records and provides follow up customer service.

The coffin mod for BSD that Brock made is nicely designed, high quality and well made. Anyone who bought one is lucky to have it. There is a 3d custom tombstone plastic made by another to replace the ugly plastic surrounding the tombstone (cross). When combined with the coffin mod, the look is outstanding.

#52 6 years ago

The key is to not take money until ready to ship. PinballCustoms has been making great mods for quite a while now. The animosity and stress comes from people having to prepay and then wait unknown amounts of time. If the business model is changed to only take money when ready to ship then people will have nothing to complain about in my opinion.

#53 6 years ago

Yup Mezel is currently a distributor, they're already selling a few products and I codeveloped the GoT walls with them. Also PinballGraffix, I co-developed the Met snake mod. Also worked with JJP a bit to help speed up production on one of their games but I can't really get into details on that.. So much going on in the background (on top of my actual job), I shouldn't have taken on as much as I did and quite frankly had a nervous breakdown at one point that put me in the hospital. I don't care to get into that, we all have our stresses. But there it is.

I've been a very active member of the community since 2008, working directly with Stern, JJP and even Zidware (hiss!) to help bring parts and games to life. Sadly, when things get spread too thin, the quality of something has to give (and I refuse to budge on the quality of my parts), so my customer service is what takes the hit.. And for that I do genuinely apologize. I care about this community very much so it truly pains me when to know that I've damaged my respect and hurt the community I love. The sad part is, I don't even own a single pin anymore...

#54 6 years ago

seems to me that someone who's been an asset to the pinball community for this long ought to be given some leeway, especially if there are mitigating circumstances. I can understand why some people might be a little jumpy after what's happened with some pinball companies that have made promises and have NEVER delivered. But that's not the case here. It's obvious he's working to make things right, so why continue to crucify him?

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

seems to me that someone who's been an asset to the pinball community for this long ought to be given some leeway, especially if there are mitigating circumstances. I can understand why some people might be a little jumpy after what's happened with some pinball companies that have made promises and have NEVER delivered. But that's not the case here. It's obvious he's working to make things right, so why continue to crucify him?

Wow. Well said.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

It's obvious he's working to make things right, so why continue to crucify him?

Agreed.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

All US orders shipped. You should already have your tracking numbers.

I did not receive a tracking number.

#58 6 years ago

All US orders shipped. You should already have your tracking numbers.
    Canadians, you'll have to wait for yours until I hit the post office tomorrow.
    Whew!
    Aaaaand fin.

The tracking number you provided isn't valid. Has this shipped?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

The tracking number you provided isn't valid. Had this shipped?

You got a tracking number? I'm jealous.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from jsalce:

You got a tracking number? I'm jealous.

Don't be. It's not valid and haven't heard back from Brock about it .

#61 6 years ago

I ordered a shooter rod from Brock in February and haven’t received anything yet. Traded several messages, but no shooter rod or tracking number.

Brock, sounds like you have a lot going on, and we all want to see you keep contributing to pinball - but there’s a group of people who would just like a refund or a realistic estimate of when you’ll be sending things out!

#62 6 years ago

Just received a FedEx tracking number. Should be here soon!

#63 6 years ago

Finally got mine!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#64 6 years ago

Looks like he's dipped in chocolate

#65 6 years ago

Do vampires like chocolate?

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

He doesn't look to happy aboot it I don't know if I'e ever seen them drink milk.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

It's safe to say vampires like chocolate.

IMG_0493 (resized).JPGIMG_0493 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks like he's dipped in chocolate

for the record, I didn't paint this one. Modfather did.

Everyone should finally have all their tracking info. If not, fire me a PM (even if you already have) and I'll stay on top of it.

#69 6 years ago

Yup Mezel is currently a distributor, they're already selling a few products and I codeveloped the GoT walls with them. Also PinballGraffix, I co-developed the Met snake mod. Also worked with JJP a bit to help speed up production on one of their games but I can't really get into details on that.. So much going on in the background (on top of my actual job), I shouldn't have taken on as much as I did and quite frankly had a nervous breakdown at one point that put me in the hospital. I don't care to get into that, we all have our stresses. But there it is.
    I've been a very active member of the community since 2008, working directly with Stern, JJP and even Zidware (hiss!) to help bring parts and games to life. Sadly, when things get spread too thin, the quality of something has to give (and I refuse to budge on the quality of my parts), so my customer service is what takes the hit.. And for that I do genuinely apologize. I care about this community very much so it truly pains me when to know that I've damaged my respect and hurt the community I love. The sad part is, I don't even own a single pin anymore...

From one modder to another Brock (I love you stuff by the way) I think your just stretched to thin, your family and regular job should come first and second. Please take care of yourself or you could wind up back in the hospital for a much longer time this time. It happened to a good friend of mine.

#70 6 years ago

Thanks for the support from all, I reiterate.. there's no excuses, and Pinside isn't the place for my dirty laundry.

Anyone missing their tracking, please let me know.

- B

#71 6 years ago

Before KHL spews more stuff here like he is all over social media, let me head him off by stating I didn't "cancel" any refund.

Karl, you paid via "friends and family". I therefore refunded you the same way but upon research during my break here at work, I realized that meant the refund was coming out of my personal checking account -- unfortunately there was not enough funds in this account to issue the refund (resulting in a $45 NSF fee for my error). Next time you purchase online, I highly recommend you send money the proper way (goods and services) to avoid any problems with other online retailers.

Please allow me to absorb the $45 and give me opportunity to correct the issue (preferably while not at work) before smearing my name and personal information all over social media. If you continue to do so, I will be forced to contact your local authorities and file a harassment claim.

Thank you for your patience.

#72 6 years ago

Its hard to find a bussiness that is not a scam or trying to constantly rip ppl off / just cares about there bottom line.

So its a shame people want to destroy one over a few mistakes! That clearly does care about its products / the hobby!

Every one makes mistakes!

#73 6 years ago

There has been an unfortunate trend in this thread. FWIW, I was really impressed with one small mod vendor on Pinside who takes orders, builds the mod and ships them only asking for payment once the item is received and a person is happy with it. That would fix these occurrences, and that vendor has not reported any significant issues with his approach.

#74 6 years ago

This sucks but I am very sad to report that after appearing refunding my 150.00 for the BSD mod I never got via PayPal (deposit initially said it would take one week to clear so I neglected to look at it 7 days later) yesterday I went to my PayPal to discover that pinball_customs had conveniently CANCELLED my refund, see attached pic. Of course now he claims he didn't do this and when I put him on blast on a few FB pinball groups he threatened to tattle to the authorities. Dear Brock, please just do the right thing and give me my money back.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.18.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.18.28 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.37 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.47 AM (resized).png

#75 6 years ago

Sure, it just sucks that the guy said he'd go ahead and refund me, sent a payment that was going to take 7 days to clear and then unbeknownst to me (until yesterday) cancelled his PayPal reimbursement.

Quoted from Dooskie:

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).png

#76 6 years ago

Brock, I think all anyone would ask is to please let them know ahead of time that you are going to cancel a payment, that's what an honest business person would do. You gave me zero heads up about this, in fact you weren't even so kind as to give me the reason you are giving here for rescinding payment IT JUST WAS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT! Lastly, as for "smearing you" stop doing business like a crook and you'll do much better, sir. Please feel free to retain a lawyer and file a slander suit against me. Also, you never sent me an invoice for my purchase! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS AGAIN?

Before KHL spews more stuff here like he is all over social media, let me head him off by stating I didn't "cancel" any refund.
    Karl, you paid via "friends and family". I therefore refunded you the same way but upon research during my break here at work, I realized that meant the refund was coming out of my personal checking account -- unfortunately there was not enough funds in this account to issue the refund (resulting in a $45 NSF fee for my error). Next time you purchase online, I highly recommend you send money the proper way (goods and services) to avoid any problems with other online retailers.
    Please allow me to absorb the $45 and give me opportunity to correct the issue (preferably while not at work) before smearing my name and personal information all over social media. If you continue to do so, I will be forced to contact your local authorities and file a harassment claim.

#77 6 years ago

What a joke, just another excuse and saying he's harrasing you for the money, that he's been waiting for like forever, and then cancelling the refund is so weak. Oh I didn't know it was coming out of my account? You chose the payment source when you send it and if you found out then you resend it using the proper method as you so eloquently put it. Just horrible to be so dishonest and slimy.

I don't care how many customers were satisfied and everyone has family and health issue but you don't lie and treat people like this and them promise to make it right only to cancel and provide further excuses. The authorities would laugh in your face about the harassment claims! Just pay the guy and shut it.

#78 6 years ago

Oh but there is more! He just messaged me on FB. Yeah, I'll bet that he cancels that refund as well. This guy is apparently goddamn career criminal and compulsive liar not to mention a whining cry baby.

"You have harassed me using my personal Facebook account. I have screenshots and will forward to your local authorities and to my attorney.

In the meantime I will send another e-check, so be prepared to wait another 2 weeks.

In future to avoid any further problems with online vendors I suggest you send money for goods and services in the proper manner, and NOT by "friends or family" as I am certainly neither of those.

Good day, sir." - Brock Hemming

Quoted from homebrood:

What a joke, just another excuse and saying he's harrasing you for the money, that he's been waiting for like forever, and then cancelling the refund is so weak. Oh I didn't know it was coming out of my account? You chose the payment source when you send it and if you found out then you resend it using the proper method as you so eloquently put it. Just horrible to be so dishonest and slimy.
    I don't care how many customers were satisfied and everyone has family and health issue but you don't lie and treat people like this and them promise to make it right only to cancel and provide further excuses. The authorities would laugh in your face about the harassment claims! Just pay the guy and shut it.

#79 6 years ago

Because he was listing it at a SPECIAL SUMMER PRICE! Of 150.00 and was supposedly doing a limited run of 10. What a crock that apparently was.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Why would you pay upfront? Most of the custom mods I've purchased were paid for upon shipment....typically they decide how many they want to make, put a list together of interested parties, and then then send out an invoice once its ready to ship. I've done this several times with no issues....

#80 6 years ago

I’ll say this. I have always gotten my mods from Pinballcustoms, eventually, but I wouldn’t order anything again. This type of stuff unfortunately is the norm, anyone who has been on this site for some time can attest. I know there has been personal issues in the past that were understandable, but there’s too many excuses IMO.

The mods are good, customer service not good.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

Oh but there is more! He just messaged me on FB. Yeah, I'll bet that he cancels that refund as well. This guy is apparently goddamn career criminal and compulsive liar not to mention a whining cry baby.
    "You have harassed me using my personal Facebook account. I have screenshots and will forward to your local authorities and to my attorney.
    In the meantime I will send another e-check, so be prepared to wait another 2 weeks.
    In future to avoid any further problems with online vendors I suggest you send money for goods and services in the proper manner, and NOT by "friends or family" as I am certainly neither of those.
    Good day, sir." - Brock Hemming

How about he TAKES PAYMENT WHEN GOODS ARE READY TO SHIP like just about any other decent business. That would avoid all of these issues. I have no idea why he feels the need for his customers to pay up front, weeks or months in advance of product shipping.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

How about he TAKES PAYMENT WHEN GOODS ARE READY TO SHIP like just about any other decent business. That would avoid all of these issues. I have no idea why he feels the need for his customers to pay up front, weeks or months in advance of product shipping.

Which businesses do that though? It's a good idea and I'm certainly all for it but there is not one online shop that I have seen that takes payment only when items are ready to ship. I've purchased from every mod/parts shop online for both pinball and arcade related items and payment always has to made right on the spot as soon as the order is made.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Which businesses do that though? It's a good idea and I'm certainly all for it but there is not one online shop that I have seen that takes payment only when items are ready to ship. I've purchased from every mod/parts shop online for both pinball and arcade related items and payment always has to made right on the spot as soon as the order is made.

Almost every business I've ever dealt with. What I meant by "ready to ship" is just "in stock," not necessarily packaged but definitely not made to order. I expect any reasonable business to ship an item within a few business days of receiving payment in most cases.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I expect any reasonable business to ship an item within a few business days of receiving payment in most cases.

I definitely agree with that. One or two days is usually the max wait time I've experienced on orders to be shipped. 90% of the time I get a tracking number the same day.

#85 6 years ago

Shouldn't title of thread be changed as there has been plenty of replying? Not delivering item - check, waiting for a refund - check, not replying - incorrect statement.

I am sure the refund will come through and you'll be able to close this claim. There may have been numerous delays, non-communications and extra work caused by the bad refund attempt, but Brock is a good guy and honest businessman. As mentioned by Brock, he's exiting the mod business because of other priorities. So he'll want to tie up all loose ends.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Shouldn't title of thread be changed as there has been plenty of replying?

I don't see the need to change it. He was not replying until this thread was made. If the thread title is to be changed to reflect the current status it would sound much worse.

#87 6 years ago

.....and a pleasant reminder to those who ask why retirement from serving the Public is a Pleasure!

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

.....and a pleasant reminder to those who ask why retirement from serving the Public is a Pleasure!

Art - you were a GREAT business owner. One of the best around here!

#89 6 years ago

Blaming KHL for his method of payment and the fact your checking account was empty as the reasons why his refund had to be cancelled is pure horseshit. That's an amateur's excuse for not having the money to repay him. It's even more bullshit making him wait another 2 weeks for the money.

Your product may be great, which it is, but your business ethics need an overhaul.

#90 6 years ago

I've got no ill will towards pinball_customs - I've seen Brock's stuff, and he does good work (why I ordered from him). And I'm used to waiting on stuff from sellers here who are making things in their spare time. But on the shooter rod I ordered I've been waiting since February, and haven't heard from him in 2 months. Brock, I think those of us waiting just want a realistic update that you stick to - is it going to take you a month to fill orders and give refunds? Two months?

#91 6 years ago

OK Karl, I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to repeat myself.. Again.

I DID NOT CANCEL ANYTHING ON MY END.

Paypal cancelled it because there was not enough money in my PERSONAL account to cover the refund. YES I will correct this. YES I take a $45 hit on my end for this error. NO,I'm not making this up. NO I'm not trying to steal you money as you've been claiming on Facebook. You need to calm down and let me fix the problem. I work shift work and cannot always look into things that very instant. The fact that you brought my personal information and Facebook profile into this mess is 100% unnecessary. I've been making mods for this community since 2008, and everyone knows they either get their mods or they get a refund. I never hold either from my customers. In fact, I've gone as far as replacing my parts 2 years after purchase FOR FREE.

As for "the blame game", of course I blame no one but myself for all this. I merely reminded Karl to purchase goods using the proper method in the future. That way he would have been able to file his claim and receive his refund with no hiccups, problem solved. To bring my family into this crosses a line.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from DMcNamara:

I've got no ill will towards pinball_customs - I've seen Brock's stuff, and he does good work (why I ordered from him). And I'm used to waiting on stuff from sellers here who are making things in their spare time. But on the shooter rod I ordered I've been waiting since February, and haven't heard from him in 2 months. Brock, I think those of us waiting just want a realistic update that you stick to - is it going to take you a month to fill orders and give refunds? Two months?

Remind me which mod it was via PM and I'll take care of it right away. Clearing up loose ends is my priority now that all BSD's are cleared.

In fact, anyone still waiting on a product from me let me know. I will take a look at your games list. If there's a game in there that I make a mod for and currently have in stock (yes, I DO have an inventory of product), I will include one of them with your order for free.

As mentioned earlier, I had simply bitten off more than I could chew this year and wasn't mentally prepared to handle it. Those of you I've let down, I'm truly sorry. For those who like my produce but don't like my service (basically everyone, I get it), the solution for that is in the works that makes everyone happy.

Fact is, things have grown too big for me to handle all on my own. I tried, and failed miserably. The time for true restructuring has come. I do love pinball, and its community.. And I hope to continue sharing my parts with everyone for years to come.

Thank you all.

#93 6 years ago

I am still patiently waiting for my tracking number. I would appreciate it if you send it to me via PM.

#94 6 years ago

Geez guy, good to know it's still basically all my fault. Just pay me what you owe me and kindly go away, thank you.

OK Karl, I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to repeat myself.. Again.
    I DID NOT CANCEL ANYTHING ON MY END.
    Paypal cancelled it because there was not enough money in my PERSONAL account to cover the refund. YES I will correct this. YES I take a $45 hit on my end for this error. NO,I'm not making this up. NO I'm not trying to steal you money as you've been claiming on Facebook. You need to calm down and let me fix the problem. I work shift work and cannot always look into things that very instant. The fact that you brought my personal information and Facebook profile into this mess is 100% unnecessary. I've been making mods for this community since 2008, and everyone knows they either get their mods or they get a refund. I never hold either from my customers. In fact, I've gone as far as replacing my parts 2 years after purchase FOR FREE.
    As for "the blame game", of course I blame no one but myself for all this. I merely reminded Karl to purchase goods using the proper method in the future. That way he would have been able to file his claim and receive his refund with no hiccups, problem solved. To bring my family into this crosses a line.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

Geez guy, good to know it's still basically all my fault. Just pay me what you owe me and kindly go away, thank you.

Clearly you didn't read the entire post.

#96 6 years ago

Nope read it. The fact you gave me zero heads up and I had to REPORT THE FACT THAT IT CANCELLED to you because he didn't tell me says it all, good day and pay me my money now.

Clearly you didn't read the entire post.

#97 6 years ago

It's weird what you get when you serve it honestly instead of stacking people's cash and then failing to follow through on your end of the professional agreement, worlds apart really!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

#98 6 years ago

You may want to reacquaint yourself with the current state of Brock cancelling his refund on me without letting me know "the bank done did it to him" it's a scam until I get my money back, four months and counting now.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Title edited to remove "scam alert".

#99 6 years ago

Christ, it's like two whiny little girls.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Christ, it's like two whiny little girls.

One “whiny” girl has been lied to and is out of some hard earned $. Bud, I’d be “whiny” too.

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-alert-pinballcustomscom-not-delivering-item-or-replying/page/2?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.