11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

And-murder-will-kill-you-a-thief-will-steal-from-y (resized).jpeg
    DracMod_2 (resized).jpg
    DracMod_1 (resized).jpg
    FEB12D77-D8AC-465A-881D-E362A8D1ED99 (resized).jpeg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.04.15 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.47 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.34.37 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.18.28 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0493 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20170928_233045 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).png

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 11 months ago

I paid pinball_customs for my BSD coffin mod that he was advertising as a special for 150.00 back in early July, in mid August I contacted him asking when I'd receive the item. I got a reply over a month ago that it shipped, since then he won't reply top inside emails or direct emails to his website http://www.pinballcustoms.com does anyone know this guy?

I'm pretty bummed out at this point and have asked him for a refund, customer contact with an email is pretty easy IMO so dropping off the map is no way to deal with a dissatisfied customer. I also got no answer when I specifically asked for tracking info for my package. What's even lamer is I can't pursue a claim because I messed up and sent the money as a "gift" on PayPal, just have to hope he's honest but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with him and can advise me here.

Thanks!

Karl

#2 11 months ago

Hi Karl,
    Brock is a stand up guy, he might be overwhelmed at this time. Hopefully you get it resolved. But pinballcustoms is far from a scam. Might want to change the title. Carrying a reputable member of this site in the mud will not pull you any favours. Mind you waiting over 1 month for contact is really unusual.

Edit: i guess times have changed.

#3 11 months ago

Not a scam but also had issues with trying to get any type of response for lack of delivery. If you go and search topics for him, you'll see that there are issues with customers waiting for items . Brock always seems to have an excuse. I couldn't tell you if there legit or not because there's been so many. I would never order from him again because of the lack of communication.

#4 11 months ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Not a scam but also had issues with trying to get any type of response for lack of delivery. If you go and search topics for him, you'll see that there are issues with customers waiting for items . Brock always seems to have an excuse. I couldn't tell you if there legit or not because there's been so many. I would never order from him again because of the lack of communication.

Well maybe I should stand corrected then. I haven't spoken to him in a few years. He used to be on top of things. Brock might not have recovered since the death of his brother. Who knows....

#5 11 months ago

Here's my take on things. If you have a reputation on here as being trustworthy, and there are one or several events that occur that may somehow tarnish the reputation (keep you from fulfilling your goods/services), then it might be a good idea to take down the website and let the community, that which you've built your reputation, know that you aren't providing goods/service anymore. Good guy or not, reputation or not, if you are willingly and able to accept money from others for a service or product, then it is expected that the service or product is delivered.

If someone takes money and does not deliver, and does not communicate, then scam is indeed the definition of this.

#6 11 months ago
    Quoted from KHL:

What's even lamer is I can't pursue a claim because I messed up and sent the money as a "gift" on PayPal, just have to hope he's honest but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with him and can advise me here.

As long as you used your credit card to fund the PP transaction, you can do a chargeback directly through Visa.

That's why you NEVER want PP linked to your bank account. Anyone who has that connection needs to un-link it, RIGHT NOW.

#7 11 months ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Good guy or not, reputation or not, if you are willingly and able to accept money from others for a service or product, than it is expected that the service or product is delivered

That's my take too. If you use Pinside to sell your product, then you deserve to be called out on Pinside when that product is not delivered.

#8 11 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

As long as you used your credit card to fund the PP transaction, you can do a chargeback directly through Visa.
    That's why you NEVER want PP linked to your bank account. Anyone who has that connection needs to un-link it, RIGHT NOW.

Hi Vid, can you explain ?
    Should i realy un link?
    I have payal linked to bank , never had a problem even when i needed refund cause seller didnt ship, opened dispute and it was made allright by paypal.
    Maybe Dutch paypal is different?

greetings

#9 11 months ago

If you try to get a chargeback from PP because you paid with **gift** or **friends and family** PP won't let you if you used your bank account.

If you use your credit card, you get 180 days of protection.

That's why when people say "Hey buddy, I'll even pay you with Paypal Gift, then you KNOW I can't do a chargeback!" you can be certain they will rob you.

#10 11 months ago

Hey all, I'm still alive. I agree 100%, my lack of customer service has been unacceptable. No excuses for it. I've simply bitten off more than I can chew. That said, I should be all caught up by the end of the week a d will be taking a step back for a while. Working 2 jobs and watching the kids, it's difficult to keep up with shipping and customer service effectively. I've decided after this that I'll sell my products exclusively through 3rd party vendors such as Mezelmods, Cointaker and Pinball Decals. That way I can still produce the parts and they can handle all shipping and customer service inquiries.

Again, apologies to all I've disappointed... I certainly feel like I've let you all down.

KHL, you'll get your refund.

#11 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Hey all, I'm still alive. I agree 100%, my lack of customer service has been unacceptable. No excuses for it. I've simply bitten off more than I can chew. That said, I should be all caught up by the end of the week a d will be taking a step back for a while. Working 2 jobs and watching the kids, it's difficult to keep up with shipping and customer service effectively. I've decided after this that I'll sell my products exclusively through 3rd party vendors such as Mezelmods, Cointaker and Pinball Decals. That way I can still produce the parts and they can handle all shipping and customer service inquiries.
    Again, apologies to all I've disappointed... I certainly feel like I've let you all down.

Kudos for the honesty. Distros sound like a good option.

#12 11 months ago

Calling this a scam is a bit over the top. Scam to me means willful deceit, like the Predator guy who scammed people with pre-orders. The Pinball customs guy had no intention to rip people off. He is just behind on some orders. Cut him him some slack.

#13 11 months ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

The Pinball customs guy had no intention to rip people off. He is just behind on some orders. Cut him him some slack.

Famously said again & again by the cheer squad of the predator guys

#14 11 months ago

Title edited to remove "scam alert".

#15 11 months ago

If it didn't say scam, would he have got such a fast reply ?

#16 11 months ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

If it didn't say scam, would he have got such a fast reply ?

Yes, a friend tipped me off on the topic. I've been in the modding business since 2008. I may be slow, but I always deliver.

#17 11 months ago

Karl... Like you I took advantage of the july4th special and am still waiting. Brock did post on another thread that orders were going out last week Sunday but again... Nothing yet. I come home from work hoping to see a delivery from Canada...nothing but disapointment

#18 11 months ago

Smart move if you are able to work out a deal with those companies.

Dealing with the end user is a tremendous pain in the rear end. I know that I could never do it.

#19 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Smart move if you are able to work out a deal with those companies.
    Dealing with the end user is a tremendous pain in the rear end. I know that I could never do it.

Except the reason I ordered from Brock personally.... $69.99 Canadian plus cheap shipping. Pinball Decals, the most overpriced website on the planet $94.99 US ($117.23 Can).

No more shooter rods for me...

#20 11 months ago

Sorry not sorry, when you say it shipped 5 weeks ago then follow it up a week later with a "whoops, yours is in this next batch I swear!" and then I wait only to email again over waiting another month with no goods received then I'd say you definitely aren't operating like a professional business. Since I am a first (and last!) time buyer, how the hell am I supposed to know if you are indeed a stand up guy? Especially after emailing you several times after the fact with no follow up.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

Calling this a scam is a bit over the top. Scam to me means willful deceit, like the Predator guy who scammed people with pre-orders. The Pinball customs guy had no intention to rip people off. He is just behind on some orders. Cut him him some slack.

#21 11 months ago

WEIRD! I have an email img I have attached from over a month ago, I'd go ahead and demand a refund and buy from a reputable dealer at this point.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Karl... Like you I took advantage of the july4th special and am still waiting. Brock did post on another thread that orders were going out last week Sunday but again... Nothing yet. I come home from work hoping to see a delivery from Canada...nothing but disapointment

#22 11 months ago

What's funny is that if you were being honest I would have received my item over three weeks ago, I guess sending me my 150.00 is pretty much an admission of lying to me - am I right?

#23 11 months ago

I got the runaround for a few weeks after I was told my goods would ship. A little frustrating as I got multiple excuses but I did eventually receive it. Would not buy from again just due to the service.

#24 11 months ago
    Quoted from KHL:

What's funny is that if you were being honest I would have received my item over three weeks ago, I guess sending me my 150.00 is pretty much an admission of lying to me - am I right?

You got him Columbo.

#25 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You got him Columbo.

To be fair, he flat out lied to me too. There really is no reason for that. We settled and moved on, 1 week after getting it, my daughter's friend broke it.

Really wasn't a great purchase.

#26 11 months ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

To be fair, he flat out lied to me too. There really is no reason for that. We settled and moved on, 1 week after getting it, my daughter's friend broke it.

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that.

#27 11 months ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

What was the item you bought? I stand by my products and will send a replacement or a refund. These are not just bobble head parts glued to shooter rods, I literally build these from scratch with pride.

#28 11 months ago
    Quoted from KHL:

I build and ship in batches. I apologize that your shipment was not in that batch. I'm only one man, these take a very long time to build and paint, and I refuse to cut corners to save time. If I'm not happy with the quality, it doesn't get shipped.

Again, I apologize to all for being such a pain to deal with. This is not my main source of income. If you are upset I will do what I must to make things right. I am definitely not a scammer.

#29 11 months ago

What was the item you bought? I stand by my products and will send a replacement or a refund. These are not just bobble head parts glued to shooter rods, I literally build these from scratch with pride.

LoTR shooter rod. Not sure if it was a quality issue or not, I wasn't present when it happened.

#30 11 months ago

Not yet, as of this morning I still have not received my 150.00 from pinball_customs

Quoted from Mike_J:

You got him Columbo.

#31 11 months ago

Ok then, please go ahead and send me my money TODAY. As of this moment I have not received a refund and if getting it turns into the same run around getting my mod has been this will be no fun for either of us. So actually, come to think of it you bullshitted me 2x. The first time was telling me it went out the week before you told me it was definitely in the next batch, THIS IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS! Then to not answer my update requests for parcel tracking, maybe you should go ahead and just take down your businesses website if you are now trying to frame it like this is "just for fun" because you certainly took my 150.00 without blinking and it's now been 1/4 of a year since I have paid you.

I build and ship in batches. I apologize that your shipment was not in that batch. I'm only one man, these take a very long time to build and paint, and I refuse to cut corners to save time. If I'm not happy with the quality, it doesn't get shipped.
    Again, I apologize to all for being such a pain to deal with. This is not my main source of income. If you are upset I will do what I must to make things right. I am definitely not a scammer.

#32 11 months ago

If you have time to reply on Pinside, you should have enough time to refund a customer when you said you will!

#33 11 months ago

So can I expect to see my order next week???

#34 11 months ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

So can I expect to see my order next week???

Absolutely. 100%. Publicly admitted.

#35 11 months ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

If you have time to reply on Pinside, you should have enough time to refund a customer when you said you will!

While this may be true in most cases, I was at a hospital burns unit with my son all day yesterday (got the all clear from plastics, he's done his treatment!) and then at work until 10pm last night. While I may be able to access pinside from my phone, I don't use Paypal on my phone.

KHL has been refunded.

Time to focus energy back on finishing orders and bringing out new products.

1 week later
    #36 10 months ago

More in a bit

IMG_20170928_233045 (resized).jpg

#37 10 months ago
    Quoted from KHL:

I paid pinball_customs for my BSD coffin mod that he was advertising as a special for 150.00 back in early July, in mid August I contacted him asking when I'd receive the item. I got a reply over a month ago that it shipped, since then he won't reply top inside emails or direct emails to his website http://www.pinballcustoms.com does anyone know this guy?
    I'm pretty bummed out at this point and have asked him for a refund, customer contact with an email is pretty easy IMO so dropping off the map is no way to deal with a dissatisfied customer. I also got no answer when I specifically asked for tracking info for my package. What's even lamer is I can't pursue a claim because I messed up and sent the money as a "gift" on PayPal, just have to hope he's honest but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with him and can advise me here.
    Thanks!
    Karl

Why would you pay upfront? Most of the custom mods I've purchased were paid for upon shipment....typically they decide how many they want to make, put a list together of interested parties, and then then send out an invoice once its ready to ship. I've done this several times with no issues....

#38 10 months ago

He required payment upfront, a more salient business model might include a shipping ETA. Having no info on how long it would take to receive my item I sent the money without much thought, every other vendor I've dealt with here on Pinside has been incredibly swift to ship. The nail in the coffin (haha) was been lied to twice that mine was in the mail, that's immediate grounds for never getting my support again.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Why would you pay upfront? Most of the custom mods I've purchased were paid for upon shipment....typically they decide how many they want to make, put a list together of interested parties, and then then send out an invoice once its ready to ship. I've done this several times with no issues....

#39 10 months ago

While this may be true in most cases, I was at a hospital burns unit with my son all day yesterday (got the all clear from plastics, he's done his treatment!) and then at work until 10pm last night. While I may be able to access pinside from my phone, I don't use Paypal on my phone.
    KHL has been refunded.
    Time to focus energy back on finishing orders and bringing out new products.

Love your work. God speed

#40 10 months ago
    Quoted from KHL:

He required payment upfront, a more salient business model might include a shipping ETA. Having no info on how long it would take to receive my item I sent the money without much thought, every other vendor I've dealt with here on Pinside has been incredibly swift to ship. The nail in the coffin (haha) was been lied to twice that mine was in the mail, that's immediate grounds for never getting my support again.

We get it your pissed, you got a refund and he's gotten the message. case closed

#41 10 months ago
    Quoted from KHL:

I would pay anyone upfront for work that has yet to be complete...not worth the hassle....

#42 10 months ago

Absolutely. 100%. Publicly admitted.

I must embarrassingly admit that I was unable to keep to this promise. However, this will be shipping tomorrow morning with everyone else's. I missed the boat today, my wife needed the van for work. I'm filling out the paperwork online though, so everyone should still at least have a tracking number by this evening.

Stay tuned..

#43 10 months ago

After this, all production on this mod will be halted indefinitely unless a 3rd party distributor is willing to pick it up (so far, none have shown interest).

#44 10 months ago

Best Wishes, Brock.....I can empathize with you.

I hope for the best for you and your family.

#45 10 months ago

After this, all production on this mod will be halted indefinitely unless a 3rd party distributor is willing to pick it up (so far, none have shown interest).

Will the one I ordered be included in this batch?

#46 10 months ago
    Quoted from jsalce:

Will the one I ordered be included in this batch?

all remaining orders are in this batch. I'm finishing waybills now.

#47 10 months ago

All US orders shipped. You should already have your tracking numbers.

Canadians, you'll have to wait for yours until I hit the post office tomorrow.

Whew!

Aaaaand fin.

#48 10 months ago

Does that include my t1000 mod?

#50 10 months ago

I have bought from him before. Awesome product. Need patience for delivery but who cares. Good Canuck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 9.10
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside