• 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FYMF
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C446FA0-33AE-4B4A-A72F-F23A636868A2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberninja24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Greetings pinside community.
Please be advised that FOHUNTER member here on pinside just tried to scam me out of $14,000 for the Big Lebowski pin he had for sale. Everything was a lie.
A big Thank You to Melissa at Cointaker for helping me identify the rat this guy is and avoid making a huge mistake.
I hope no one else has been taken by this scammer.

#2 4 years ago

Could we have Robin or someone kick this guy out of here?
He damn near had $14,000 of my money.
I’m embarrassed and got very lucky as this rat is very good at what he does.

#5 4 years ago

He posted a TBL for sale for $14K on Monday night. I said I’d take it. He responded via pinside PM and also was texting me so I sent him $2K as a PayPal gift on Monday night.
Today, he says game is here and wants a wire of $12K. A few red flags were going off in my head so I called Melissa with cointaker and she let me know that this guy was not legit.
The guy was texting and calling me and was very good at what he did.
For the moment, I’m out $2K but my bank thinks they might be able to get it back for me.
I’m embarrassed and a little surprised that I fell for this.
OP has now closed the FS thread.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

I will say though that his being on Pinside only two months gave me pause. But again, sorry that happened.

Yeah it might end up being a $2,000 lesson but it’s all good.
Just don’t want it happening to anyone else.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

How did Cointaker know it was bogus? What did he say when you asked for a refund?

This scammer claimed to have the one from Bloomington that was delivered today. Once I asked him for information specific to the box and the shipping information that you’d only know by standing by the machine, he went dark.
This was from Melissa’s guidance to let me know that there was no way a TBL was in Florida. He also claimed that he just spoke with Melissa and she said the warranty would transfer over. But, when I called Melissa, she was not speaking with this rat and that information was also incorrect.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I’m surprised people don’t consider it a red flag when their trading partner asks to cheat the payment processor.

I’ve used it many times with zero issues but that all changes now.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there any recourse for the buyer if money is sent pay pal gift/FF?

None.
You send money to someone friends and family gift and it’s gone.
My bank thought they could stop it for me. I’ll find out in the morning.
I called PayPal and they said there was nothing they could do for me.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I see he had market ad items marked as sold, who bought these items on pinside and did they do this in person?????

He marked it sold because the jig was up.
He got $2,000 from me that I’m out and was very close to getting $14,000 total.
No clue on all the other stuff he had on his profile, including a JPLE with a pending sale. He was a very good scammer.
Hope one of us runs into him some day.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Sorry to hear. That sucks. I had reached out to him and asked whether he would want my Safecracker or MB as partial trade and he simply said Alien was the only trade he would consider. Never mentioned cash. Thanks for the heads up.

As a follow up, my bank was 99% sure that I wouldn’t lose money on the deal, but it looks like I’m out $2,000 on the scam.
This individual was part of the pinside community. He had other games for sale, pins wanted, was responding to other PMs, and was actively posting on other threads.
I don’t know if it was a scam that was laid out for months or if this person just wanted to grab some cash and go.
Either way, tread extremely cautiously and only deal with people you know and trust.

#63 4 years ago

Well, a very surprising and happy ending to this scam saga. My bank told me they were 99% sure they could stop the friends and family payment and could save the $2,000 for me. I didn’t see it last night, and saw the dollars leave my account, so just figured it was gone.
This afternoon, there the $2,000 is back in my account. I’m floored. I am currently working with the Glory House here in Sioux Falls, SD on a large fundraiser and am planning on giving most if not all of the funds to them, since I truly thought they were gone.
If anyone out there feels like I should share any more information on this individual scammer to ensure this doesn’t happen to anyone else, please let me know.
Finally, many of you know me and know I like to buy and sell pins. From now on, I’m a “Cash on the Glass” guy.
Thanks everyone.

#69 4 years ago

LMAO!!!

Too soon.......

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

He contacted me to purchase my Alien but was banned the next day lol. Sounds like he was gonna scam this guy for 14k then use it to buy my pin, that would have been very very bad.....

Wow. Wouldn’t that have been something?
He was scamming me $14K but still going to take that money to be a game from you, then presumably fall off the grid.
Kinda wish he had gotten my money and then shown up at your door with us knowing what we know. Could have caught him. I’m sure he’ll surface again, unfortunately.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

He contacted me to purchase my Alien but was banned the next day lol. Sounds like he was gonna scam this guy for 14k then use it to buy my pin, that would have been very very bad.....

Can you PM me with name he was using or was it just his pinside profile of FOHUNTER?

#94 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay everyone.
The scammer called himself John W. Thomas.
The W was for Winbush.
His email is:
[email protected]
He used the cell phone number:
(904) 300-2997
Also, in an interesting twist, PayPal is currently out $2,000.
The scammer got the money but my bank stopped payment in time. I’m shocked that can happen. I’ve called PayPal multiple times to see what I can do to help. Hope it all works out.
Again, sorry for the delay.
Thanks.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Yeah, I don't get why the OP hasn't. If this is really a criminal act then there is no shame in sharing his name, in fact, it's your duty.

completely agree. Sorry for the delay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberninja24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-alert-fohunter?tu=cyberninja24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.