Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I posted a wanted add for an EBD that was answered. I am in the process of trying to recover money from PAYPAL. Do not do business ChrisGamer aka Chris Rowell or a Monica Engram. These people are scammers. Pinside should look at shutting down the ChrisGamer account.

#2 6 years ago

Is ChrisGamer his PinSide name? If so I can’t seem to even find him here

#3 6 years ago

wait, are you suggesting that it's risky to send my hard earned money to someone i've never met, for something i've never seen?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from brody:

I posted a wanted add for an EBD that was answered. I am in the process of trying to recover money from PAYPAL. Do not do business ChrisGamer aka Chris Rowell or a Monica Engram. These people are scammers. Pinside should look at shutting down the ChrisGamer account.

Can you link to his account profile? I'm not finding one.

#5 6 years ago

Can we get more specifics?

#6 6 years ago

The ChrisGamer account was frozen back in mid-october due to scammy behavior.

#7 6 years ago

HaHa, too late for me. He answered an ad for me wanting to buy an EBD. We went through PayPal. I am now trying to recover money through PayPal. I should have know better when the POS refused to use escrow. Phone number is out of Wheatland Wyoming. I actually talked to PayPal to see if the transaction would be covered on their policy and was told it would be. I'm now finding PayPal to be very difficult to work with and will probably resort to a charge back though Visa so they can duke it out with PayPal. Thought my bases were covered bigehrl but guess not. I frankly would never do business with PayPal again, get a lot of automated messages and very few real people to talk to.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from brody:

I frankly would never do business with PayPal again, get a lot of automated messages and very few real people to talk to.

But you SHOULD get your money back.

#9 6 years ago

Sorry Op. Paypal sucks, but you should get your money back.

I'm noticing a whole lot of people getting scammed lately. Has there been a rise in people getting ripped off, or am I just noticing it right now? I've done a fair number of purchases with Pinsiders and have always received what I purchased. I'm feeling a little hesitant now.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

I'm noticing a whole lot of people getting scammed lately. Has there been a rise in people getting ripped off, or am I just noticing it right now? I've done a fair number of purchases with Pinsiders and have always received what I purchased. I'm feeling a little hesitant now.

There has been a rise in scammers lately.

Just be careful, do your homework, and use some common sense.

It's unlikely that a pinsider with a solid posting history on the forums would be a scammer. Normally it's users with no posting history, along with other red flags.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from brody:

HaHa, too late for me. He answered an ad for me wanting to buy an EBD. We went through PayPal. I am now trying to recover money through PayPal. I should have know better when the POS refused to use escrow. Phone number is out of Wheatland Wyoming. I actually talked to PayPal to see if the transaction would be covered on their policy and was told it would be. I'm now finding PayPal to be very difficult to work with and will probably resort to a charge back though Visa so they can duke it out with PayPal. Thought my bases were covered bigehrl but guess not. I frankly would never do business with PayPal again, get a lot of automated messages and very few real people to talk to.

Check the deadline for chargebacks on your CC -- just make sure you don't miss out while waiting for Paypal to make things right. Also, if you've got any money in your PayPal account or if it's linked to your checking/savings account, be aware that they could try to withdraw from those to cover a CC chargeback.

#12 6 years ago

I've been burned once (< $100.00) on counterfeit items that were sold to me and advertised as original. Paypal refused to reimburse me as the seller shipped and I received the item. I offered to send the item back to the guy and then even to paypal so they could see it. Didn't matter. This was probably 8 or 9 years ago and since then I try to avoid using them for anything unless there is no other realistic way to complete a transaction.

#13 6 years ago

As I post in almost all PayPal threads, the PayPal terms and conditions (T&Cs) are your best friend. The PayPal terms and conditions (T&Cs) require all claims to be settled via arbitration. Arbitration is VERY expensive (almost $1,000) and the PayPal T&Cs indicates PayPal will pay the arbitration fees (if requested). ANYTIME you have ANY issue with PayPal, send them a letter stating you want to arbitrate the dispute and make sure you mention that you want them to pay the arbitration fees. My numerous experiences is that they will fold like a cheap suit. They will instantly reimburse you for any amount that is less than the arbitration filing fees. Read the Terms and Conditions!!!!!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

As I post in almost all PayPal threads, the PayPal terms and conditions (T&Cs) are your best friend. The PayPal terms and conditions (T&Cs) require all claims to be settled via arbitration. Arbitration is VERY expensive (almost $1,000) and the PayPal T&Cs indicates PayPal will pay the arbitration fees (if requested). ANYTIME you have ANY issue with PayPal, send them a letter stating you want to arbitrate the dispute and make sure you mention that you want them to pay the arbitration fees. My numerous experiences is that they will fold like a cheap suit. They will instantly reimburse you for any amount that is less than the arbitration filing fees. Read the Terms and Conditions!!!!!

Wow, I had never heard that, I’m off to read PayPal terms and conditions for future knowledge

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

I've heard about someone doing the same to eBay in another thread.

I love when you beat these companies with their own bureaucratic red tape.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

That's kind of awesome. I thought companies usually use arbitration clauses in to keep themselves out of small claims court and force you to come fight on their turf at your expense, meaning you'd never bring a small claim. But if they pay your costs it totally changes their incentives. I almost wonder if that varies based on state law or if it's the same deal nation-wide.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

wait, are you suggesting that it's risky to send my hard earned money to someone i've never met, for something i've never seen?

I never get responses like this to threads like these who are victims and they are just trying to help others.

So you're so smart - is that your point? Well who cares. A thanks goes a longer way.

OP regardless of the circumstances I appreciate any help someone is willing to give when it comes to these lowlife mfs.

#19 6 years ago

I would certainly file a charge back with Visa and not wait for PayPal. Those of us who used PayPal with funds on account to pay for the Predator scam lost our money. Some who funded their PayPal purchase with credit cards and filed for charge backs were successful.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So you're so smart - is that your point?

i prefer shrewd, but yes. and anyone in this world who is spending 4-5 figures on toys, should be too.

#21 6 years ago

It's cool delt31, most people are very nice. I just thought I would throw it out there in case anybody else was being pursued by this POS. I see a lot of snarky comments on this site but most people are helpful and give very good advice. I know I've been helped out many times by people on here with pin issues and whatnot, usually ignore the small minded folks.

#22 6 years ago

I hear you. I've been helped a tremendous amount when I first started and trying to do the same for others. Thanks for the heads up

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-alert-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.