(Topic ID: 122705)

SC lamp problem (Video of problem added)

By twinmice

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231213_215459 (resized).jpg
20231214_225035 (resized).jpg
20220424_114523 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
3e0b93cad92b5eff7b85bb8a2ed13a4f74b265e5 (resized).jpeg
SC_2-14.jpg
Weerstand_0125W.png
photo.jpg
image-869.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-716.jpg
image-516.jpg
image-506.jpg
image-512.jpg
image-544.jpg
image-598.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twinmice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I am having a problem with the individual lamps in the back box. In test it seems like they are one off what they should be, some are correct, but a few are off. In test it should be "dog" but the question mark is lit on the back box, then I check the next one which says "question mark" but the alarm 3 is lit? I resat the connectors, thinking maybe a diode problem but I don't see any individual diodes? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

#3 9 years ago

No just got it in a trade. Only resat the connectors on the lamp board and made sure the back box boards were pushed on.

#5 9 years ago

Yes they are factory, boards are all original, some of the controlled lamps are correct some are not?

#7 9 years ago

So it could be a bad chip, I did see those on the lamp pcb, but unfortunately I can fix alot, but not to savy at chip repair.

#8 9 years ago

Is there an easy way to check them?

#10 9 years ago

Looks like a little more than half are off by one, and on a couple 2 lights will light in test, say I have teller in test and the question mark lights with it. That made me think possibly a diode, but it's not like a conventional lamp pcb.

#13 9 years ago

Mine is running an older rom version 1.2, i ordered 1.8 today, maybe that will help, but i dont think its a rom issue, i read all the revisions since the 1.2 and there is no mention of a fix for this.

#15 9 years ago

Ya not from Arizona, it be interesting to see what rom version the others ones are running.

#18 9 years ago

Vid would be great.

#20 9 years ago

How can you check them?

#22 9 years ago

Mine are confused during the board game, and test, but are fine in attract mode?

#24 9 years ago

No, if it lands on the bribe it gives me the next one like question mark, but only on about 70 percent of them.

#25 9 years ago

So, the game is from out of the country, i rewired the jumper, but thought i had read somewhere that the dip switches were all supposed to be one way, so i checked and they were not, thought this could be the problem, switched them all one way, but no change, still same problem, bummer.

#26 9 years ago

I will try and get some video today.

#27 9 years ago

Here are a couple small videos of the backbox lamp problem im having. Sorry the vids are not the greatest, i used my cell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike Paris

#29 9 years ago

Thanks Chris, hopefully someone can post a pic of the manual pages Chris needs, mine did not come with one and i have been using the online one also from IPDB.

#35 9 years ago

So alot of mine are off, could all those chips go bad? I think only 8 are correct.

#37 9 years ago

Had a friend send pics of the connectors to make sure the wires were correct and in order, thought maybe wired wrong from the factory, but they match, still trying to figure this out.

#39 9 years ago

Could it just be a bad diode? My D54 (one of the bigger ones) reads a little different than the others?

#40 9 years ago

So i got the latest rom today (1.8) and was hoping it would solve the problem since the old rom was 1.2, but did not. So i guess i will need to have someone come look at it that can hopefully figure it out.

#41 9 years ago

Generalgman, let me know when you change the 4094's and if they worked out for you. Thanks

#42 9 years ago

Still looking for any advice. Thanks

#44 9 years ago

I would if i knew how. I know how to test diodes, but how do you test chips?

3 weeks later
#47 8 years ago

Great news! Will have to do that.

4 months later
#49 8 years ago

Does anyone know the value of these two resistors? The ones with the red ovals. I cant see from the manual, the print is to small. Thanks Mike

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

#52 8 years ago

So even though the one is Gold/Red/Blue/Red and not Gold/Red/Blue/Brown its still just a 1K? The other one matches the 10K.

6 years later
#65 1 year ago

Hi, wow forgot about this thread, but I did replace all the 4094 chips and socketed them, after everything worked great, I agree would one of the sockets needs to be checked. Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twinmice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sc-lamp-problem?tu=twinmice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.