Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CDIB_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lschmidlin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi everyone – looking for some help please. Shopped out Safecracker (WPC 95). All went well. Fired her up and played five games. Next time I turned it on I got the attached error message. Can't get past it.

A few details: every fuse on the game was taken out and checks out fine, all connections have been reseated, have checked every wiring harness from head to toe and all our connected properly,

J127 (on the error message) goes to the secondary transformer and Fuses 101 and 109 both have to do with the regulator/unregulated voltage, so that seems suspicious.

I have not taken off the power driver board to see if it's burned on the back side – seems like that's only thing I haven't done.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help! Larry Schmidlin

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Chris -

Yes, LED 100 12v reg and LED 103 12v unreg are both on, both in attract and test mode.

1 week later
#6 7 years ago

Hi guys - thanks for all the help. Appreciate it. Did everything above and still having the same issue. My buddy came over who knows electronics very well and agrees that we can't seem to get past it. Here is the new question - sounds really goofy, but have you guys ever seen this error message with the ROMS going bad?

Here's why: by friend took the CPU board home, after replacing the ULN chip. We had already determined that the PDB and Opto boards were getting the power they needed and working properly. So some of the research lead us to the CPU board.

Upon taking it home, he switched out the ROM chips to MM and put it on his MM game. Worked great. No errors. He said that he had a great game! He has a switch diagnostics board and every switch registered well. He then put the SC ROM chips back in and the original error message popped up on his MM game! It leads us to believe that the ROMS are bad and that nothing is actually wrong with the SC playfield, opto boards, or power driver board.

Seems crazy to us, but that is what happened. So, any thoughts on whether a bad game ROM will lead to the error message of Fuses 101 and 109 and Opto 12v Supply?

Thanks - Larry

#10 7 years ago

Will do. I'll take a look and report in . Really appreciate the help. This one has got me mystified!! Feel like we're getting somewhere though.

#12 7 years ago

My buddy (Chet above) and I haven't gotten back together yet. He has the CPU board and I left for vacation. He agrees that we are on the right track, so Top Priority when I get back!!

2 weeks later
#14 7 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you to everybody who helped on this thread. Chet came back over tonight with the CPU board.

After it worked fine in his MM, he simply reseeded the ULN chip and ROM chips again. We did a few more quick diagnostics – everything kept checking out so we threw the CPU board back in and couldn't believe it. No error messages at all! After a few minor tweaks, the machine played beautifully.

Am just gonna put this in the 'ghost in the machine' catagory. Am thrilled to have her back, so thank you again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
PinSound

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lschmidlin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sc-f101-109-12v-error-message?tu=lschmidlin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.