You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8746932571_6d10f3077c_z.jpg
8748045332_4ac5483d4a_z.jpg
158649-i.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Will the Color DMD work in a Safe Cracker? I mean, will it physically fit?

#2 7 years ago

I don't think it will fit

158649-i.jpg
#3 7 years ago

Here are some pics for reference when I installed a ColorDMD in my STTNG so you can see the clearance required.

8748045332_4ac5483d4a_z.jpg 8746932571_6d10f3077c_z.jpg
#4 7 years ago

I doubt it will fit also. I have an email in with ColorDMD to see what they say.

4 years later
#5 2 years ago

will it fit? I thought I had seen this game with color before. I am looking to get a color DMD for this title as well.

#6 2 years ago

It’s on their website.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

will it fit? I thought I had seen this game with color before. I am looking to get a color DMD for this title as well.

LED ColorDMD should fit in any game easily.

#8 2 years ago

Led version fits
Magicchiz

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Will it fit? I thought I had seen this game with color before. I am looking to get a color DMD for this title as well.

Back when this thread was first started, ColorDMD only offered the LCD and it wouldn't fit because of the token mechs. The newer LED version, however, fits perfectly and looks awesome!

#10 2 years ago

When LED ColorDMDs were still listed on Ebay, I used a discount and picked one up cheap. SC was the first machine I thought of putting it in, especially since the LCD doesn't fit anyways. But color didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. So I moved it to my Star Trek and was much happier with it in there. I find some games it doesn't make much difference to me, and others it's much more impactful. I'm content to leave my SC with the plasma.

Of course, if you get them for all your machines, what does it matter. I'm just not that extravagant.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

When LED ColorDMDs were still listed on Ebay, I used a discount and picked one up cheap. SC was the first machine I thought of putting it in, especially since the LCD doesn't fit anyways. But color didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. So I moved it to my Star Trek and was much happier with it in there. I find some games it doesn't make much difference to me, and others it's much more impactful. I'm content to leave my SC with the plasma.
Of course, if you get them for all your machines, what does it matter. I'm just not that extravagant.

One other advantage of the LED in a SC is that it corrects the annoying issue of the display sitting too high and being partially obscured.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside