(Topic ID: 73911)

Say what You want about WOZ it Truly Out Earns any other pin in the field.

By Benepinballs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 386 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hdtv 39.jpg
Not mean what you think.jpg
stripes_lighten_up_francis.jpg
Attraction.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Well I have it right next to a brand new Out of the box Star Trek LE. So lets let the contest begin starting Dec 18th for one full month.
WOZ is paid for and I don't even want to say what it did in its first month.. Because nothing I mean nothing has come close. Most of my pins average about 600-2100 plays a month.
I personally don't enjoy the game that much, and despise the whole pay in advance finance my company idea. I was just posting a plain fact. Its an earner, Its build quality is incredible... The General public is drawn to it, Pinheads alone do not support games on location. That Monitor brings them in, like it or not.

Wow 600-2100 plays per machine sounds like a lot (but I'm not an OP so have no idea what kind of volume is 'normal' - not that there is a 'normal' any more).

Anyhow, what type of establishment do you have the pins in? Just wondering as I'm fascinated by the operator side of things. Since Stern has admitted that's a larger market, it seems like Ops opinions on how pinball is in the wild is pretty important (and I LOVE to play in the wild). I know the local bar I go to has several of us pinheads there almost every day (well every other day) and we play a lot. The replay on the Metallica is at 100M but after we get one it jumps to like 225M+ so it's hard to consistently get more than one replay on it. We do always pump in $2 at a time though for the 3-games for $2. But if we leave replays on the other machines they may often still be there the next day so I feel like it's more us pinheads playing than the general public...

2 weeks later
#201 10 years ago

Are there other operators on here that have experience with WOZ and/or which pins perform best?

I'm super interested in what does the best. I've got some stats from local ops about what does best, but am not sure what the trends are inter/nationally... also maybe what an 'average' pin might earn on location etc.

#203 10 years ago

Yeah I know at one location that has the following (Whirlwind, Earthshaker, Attack from Mars, Indiana Jones, Radical and Star Trek) that Batman Dark Knight does the best. I will ask around at other locations. The one place with WOZ has two different ops that run the machines so it may be hard to know which ones do best overall since the one op only has STTNG and WOZ at the location but there are like 25 other machines there too managed by one other main op and two others with a few machines).

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will happily pay $1 per game for GOOD CLEAN games that play as they should.
I usually spend more on the first round of drinks than the few hrs playing the games on location.
As far as I am concerned even $20 for an evening of pinball is pretty cheap entertainment for the wife and I.

that's what's so awesome about pinball right? And the better we get, the cheaper it is - replays FTW!

#287 10 years ago

OP folks can you let us know what machines do best right now of what you have on site and what the other machines are at that/those locations? Maybe even how close the machines are to each other in earnings?

Always interested to see what does best. Seems like theme is #1 for many location pins regardless of what us pinball folks think of the machines. e.g. Data East Simpsons was doing really well in a lineup of 25 pins including WOZ, XMen, MM, WH20, WW, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/say-what-you-want-about-woz-it-truly-out-earns-any-other-pin-in-the-field?tu=genex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.