(Topic ID: 60668)

Say something negative about each of your games...do it.

By jar155

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB0FDD4E-FC1F-4014-B29B-55A03CFF59CA (resized).png
    dw_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0596_(2)_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSCN4300_(resized).JPG
    DSCN4298_(resized).JPG
    riplesyBackglass.jpg
    There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 4 years ago

Joker Poker System 1 - The under-playfield transistor is the dumbest design decision ever made, aside from not grounding anything. The fact that one coil locking on can trash your boards is...oh wait..that's right...it's the SAME MISTAKE THAT WILLIAMS MADE IN STTNG. ~17 years later! Come on, guys!

Crescendo - How dare you not have room in your cabinet for blacklights. Such a horrible oversight. Also, what were you guys thinking with those double drains guarded by pop bumpers?!

#252 4 years ago

Stargate - No real lightshows, no fanfare for completing Eye of Ra, the left flipper on mine can barely make the right ramp after fifteen minutes of play.
    Mousin' Around - Left orbit results in a drain too often, my game is missing the center ramp entirely. Still fun though.

#253 4 years ago

EM's Hate me! I tinker, adjust, polish, fine tune, and after 10 games something else is wrong! They just hate me!!!

#254 4 years ago

Cyclone: I don’t like that once you hit 9,999,990 it goes back to 0’s...
    Quick draw: I don’t like playing with/adjusting the ax relay at all
    North star: playing a game doesn’t take much time at all..

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Stargate - No real lightshows, no fanfare for completing Eye of Ra, the left flipper on mine can barely make the right ramp after fifteen minutes of play.

I always thought Sandstorm had a great lightshow.

#256 4 years ago

Star Wars: Art, not so good

Deadpool: That damn ramp shot.

Dialed In: Mom jeans

Doctor Who: .... nothing?

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

Audio and 1 trick scoring pony would be up there

#258 4 years ago

I hear STTNG is a lot of fun... when it works.

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Audio and 1 trick scoring pony would be up there

But I like the audio! And it’s a two trick scoring pony :p

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

I always thought Sandstorm had a great lightshow.

That's the only one, really. There are some other strobing effects with those flashers as well, but I wish there were lightshows for the inserts. Even just some simple sweeping effects would have been nice, but as it stands the only light show for the inserts is the attract mode light show...

#261 4 years ago

SW - What’s the point of pop bumpers on this game? They sound like shit and they don’t do anything to change the balls direction

TWD - needs to be tweaked way too much so you don’t get house balls from everywhere

The Getaway - Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nah nuh nah nuh

WPT - every shot is a mile away

F2K - what’s the point having a reward for sweeping unsweepable drops?

Stars - you have to luck box the white star

Stingray - whomever did the art on the playfield took a weird guess at what happens to boobs in the water.

#262 4 years ago

Great topic

WoZ - could shoot a little better

Iron maiden - no toys and horrendous music (thank God I could replace it)

Deadpool - shot inconsistency, redundancy in shots and call outs

Pirates jjp - not enough voice over and video. Sometimes too chaotic

Alien. GD nothing! Haha wish there were an endless amount of modes

#263 4 years ago

MBr: Drac’s feet cause middle drain
    BM66: Left orbit is too tight and clunky

#264 4 years ago

I hate that iron maiden makes me play at least 5 games nightly when I could be working in the shop

#265 4 years ago

When I finish my Shangri-La restoration it’ll be the prettiest most boring game ever.

But I’ll never finish it because it’s impossible to find plastics or a back glass for it.

#266 4 years ago

The guy that owns all my games is a Grade A A-hole

#267 4 years ago

Aerosmith -- Just somehow isn't "fun" enough.

NASCAR -- No skill shot, and the callouts start grating.

Deadpool -- Hmmmm... still thinking....

#268 4 years ago

Whirlwind,
    If the ball hits the glass one more time im gonna have a heart attack.

Hot shots,
    My grandaughter wanted this one.

Dracula,
    Ball times suck. Never can keep multi ball going for longer than a half a minute or so.

Addams family,
    Tour the mansion is probably out of my reach.

Blackwater 100,
    Music is by far the worst

#269 4 years ago

Big Bang Bar - won't be as special if PPS/CGC ever re-runs it.
    Monster Bash - not as special now that PPS/CGC has re-run it.
    Attack from Mars - not as special now that PPS/CGC has re-run it.
    Theatre of Magic - won't be as special if PPS/CGC re-runs it.
    Scared Stiff - makes me want to spend the money to add Elvira 3.
    Indiana Jones - at least I don't think PPS/CGC will re-run this one.
    Twilight Zone - never figured out how to wire the ultimate speaker panel.
    Creature/Black Lagoon - MikeD mod is good but I miss seeing the hologram.
    WHOdunnit? - love the game but there is no wizard mode at all.
    Revenge from Mars - have 2 different saucer mods but can only run one at a time.
    Star Wars: Episode 1 - only got it because why not have both Pinball 2000s?
    Mustang premium - why the dislike for the theme? Thought most guys were car guys.
    Stern Playboy - wish they would come out with ColorDMD for it soon.

#270 4 years ago

The Getaway: Random rewards, so not a good competition game. La Grange sounds like a Casio keyboard.
    Rocky and Bullwinkle: Random rewards, top lanes are obscured by a ramp, plastic apron.
    Centaur: Multiball and the magnet have no real point. Too easy unless you install Oliver's home ROMs.
    Paragon: Needs to be 7-digit (but I'll get to that).
    Silverball Mania: One trick pony (nail the donut). Mine's 7-digit already.
    Pinball Pool: Too easy with remote drop targets (I'll get to that too).
    Hot Hand: Perpetual extra ball on kicker once you light it, Joker is super hard to attain (good) but game can be beat like a dog without it (bad).
    Six Million Dollar Man: Scoring speed is limited by sound effects (with switch 8 and 32 on, nail a spinner and note the sluggish score and light response.)
    Skateball: Haven't played yet, don't know.
    Big Game: Same as above but I do notice the SB-300 sound board doesn't sound as good as Ballys of the same period. It sounds like everything's a square-wave (similar to but not as bad as Atari 2600.)

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

Star Wars: Art, not so good
    Deadpool: That damn ramp shot.
    Dialed In: Mom jeans

I sold my Dr Who because of the audio...loved the gameplay but got tired of playing it with the sound off.

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I sold my Dr Who because of the audio...loved the gameplay but got tired of playing it with the sound off.

Pinsound?

#273 4 years ago

Monster bash remake: phantom flip bricks more shots than my 4 yr old.

#274 4 years ago

I totally hate and feel disgusted and not impressed about my DH and the way I love it.

#275 4 years ago

The truth the fact that the target silhouettes are sold overseas and then at check out says does not ship to the US.

AB0FDD4E-FC1F-4014-B29B-55A03CFF59CA (resized).pngAB0FDD4E-FC1F-4014-B29B-55A03CFF59CA (resized).png
    #276 4 years ago

I hate that my game room is in my basement and ALL of my machines are heavy! (Does this qualify?)

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

I hate that my game room is in my basement and ALL of my machines are heavy! (Does this qualify?)

Agree 100%. Owning two Superpins adds to the fun.

1 month later
    #278 4 years ago

#robocop : Rewards for maxed out multiball are the same as a single hurry-up shot. Little depth. Left outlane kickback causes so many drains.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game because you only have a few goals to go for and rewards consistent shooting, but you can only shoot a spinner so many times without getting bored in a single game.

#279 4 years ago

Black knight...upper drops brick too much
    F2k...drops are damn near impossible to sweep.
    Bow and Arrow..good ball thru spinner will come back through and stop a killer juiced spin.
    GOTG..left outline is beyond brutal.

1 month later
    #280 4 years ago

I hate that the flashing LED's in my recently acquired Fish Tales almost puts me into an epileptic fit! (Of course, some racing video games do this to me as well) But headaches, burning eyes, the whole kit & caboodle! Maybe if I wear sunglasses?

#281 4 years ago

Williams Grand Prix: Random outlane special- stoopid! I desperately want one more shot in this game. The special should be earned. Also- why four levels of bonus lighting when there are only three things you can get- double bonus, lite extra ball, lite special.

Gottlieb Super Spin: Digging deep here, this game is really complete.... but this is true....the saucer could have been used for something other than simply acting like you hit the center roto target. Maybe a new scoring strategy here- its a harder shot than center roto from either flipper so never really tagreted. Something rewarding could have been added.

Bally Globetrotters:
    Spelling GLOBE is either too easy (sequenced letter advance) or too hard (random based upon lit letter).

Williams Hockey: Why did they even add score reels, All you need is goals.

#282 4 years ago

Williams GULFSTREAM.. lighting 3 in a row should light the left and right kickout alternately for free ball... ideally there should be a jones plug setting in the back box to set alternating special as a conservative setting... now it lights both kickouts... too easy.

Gottlieb ROYAL FLUSH (70s)... the 5000 points target that lights after making all targets is cool... but it's too big and easy to smoke without too much effort... should have designed it to be a more difficult shot.

Gottlieb JUMPING JACK ... eject kickers destroy the playfield... very hot coil... modify design so a cooler coil could be used to save playfield art.

Gottlieb JUNGLE QUEEN... too much opaque area in the backglass and cabinet art blah.

Bally MATA HARI EM ... 50K outlanes tied to 2x, 3x bonus... IMO too much tied to making the 2x, 3x, 5x hole up top... I would have tied those 50K right and left outlane awards to making a specific # of A-B makes, or in combo with A-B makes and all drop targets down.

Gottlieb KING PIN ... tough one... those outlanes are brutal outs.

Gottlieb HIT N RUN (53) ... when making numbers, associated pop bumper lights go out... I'd reverse that... have pop lamps out to begin game, reverse that and have them lit when made.

Gottlieb FUNLAND ... something about nailing the spinners and potentially only scoring 5 points... no part of a game should involve completing or making a feature and get basically no value out of it.

Bally KISS: terrible sound, but hey what do you expect for late 70s SS?

WMS WHIRLWIND: Still dealing with random reset issue... man that sucks.

1 week later
    #283 4 years ago

Williams Big Deal (1977) - That cheating, right side out lane. It's like a magnet sucking the ball to the right anytime it even thinks about getting near it.

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/say-something-negative-about-each-of-your-gamesdo-it/page/6?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.