Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Fishtales1
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mmipad2.jpg
    mmipad.jpg
    chimp-string-theory.jpg
    iflipper.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Say hello to the iFlipper!

iflipper.JPGiflipper.JPG

Specially designed to take your fruit branded tablet and make those pinball simulators feel real.
    We tried it out with buttons and decided against installing them on the default model. We found that game play and the natural position of your hands just works perfectly with the tablet. We can, as highlighted below, add a Bluetooth encoder and buttons if you so choose.

The iFlipper is custom designed by XtremePinball to be as close as possible to the proportions of a real pinball cabinet. The iFlipper is CNC cut and assembled right here at XtremePinball in the USA.

Other models designed around other tablets are available by special order.

Base unit comes pre-assembled and finished with custom artwork of your choice, ready for you to drop your fruity tablet in place and start playing.

Custom options are available on request at additional cost such as:
    Custom speaker/DMD panels
    Custom decal installation
    Speaker installation
    Bluetooth keyboard encoder and buttons

Currently all iFlippers are being made to order. Please allow 1-2 weeks lead time.

Picture shown is of the prototype. Drop us a line to discuss customization options.

you can order online at the webstore
    http://www.xtremepinball.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=208

Post edited by mameman : Spelling

1 week later
    #2 10 years ago

Geez, 1 week no comments. Tough crowd

#3 10 years ago

That thing is sweet looking!
    Nice work

#4 10 years ago

Its cool but there's already another insider doing them with nice looking trim and a real cut to fit lock down bar.
    I'm not in the market because no one will figure this out good for android sick of apple.

#5 10 years ago

This forum just isn't into virtual stuff, you get the same crickets on FS threads for full size cabinets. I sold mine private party to a friend, but if I had put it on the market I wouldn't have bothered here.

#6 10 years ago

Mameman, is a good person and does very good work.
    I will be contacting him soon for a project soon in the works.

Scott
    Detroit Pinball

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from detroit_pinball:

Mameman, is a good person and does very good work.

Hey, can't argue with that, speaking from personal experience.

#8 10 years ago

MameMan is Awesome!! at building VP
    cabinets.. Excellent Work! hope
    to buy one from him real soon

#9 10 years ago

Looks great, nice work

#10 10 years ago

Nice looking. I would buy one if it had flipper buttons and fit my sony xperia tablet

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Nice looking. I would buy one if it had flipper buttons and fit my sony xperia tablet

It can, if you ask for it to be. All I need is the dimensions of the tablet.

just building one now for a client with the bluetooth encoder and buttons

#12 10 years ago

Will get you pictures later..........This would get me to abandon my long long long going virtual pin project I think..........I let it sit so long I forgot what state it is even in, but the pinball arcade people did well so it would be nice to dock my tablet into it

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Will get you pictures later..........This would get me to abandon my long long long going virtual pin project I think..........I let it sit so long I forgot what state it is even in, but the pinball arcade people did well so it would be nice to dock my tablet into it

yup working on it over the next week or so, will get some pics for you.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

Its cool but there's already another insider doing them with nice looking trim and a real cut to fit lock down bar.
    I'm not in the market because no one will figure this out good for android sick of apple.

Yeah looking at options for lockbar, personally not a huge fan of the cut down real one, its not proportional enough for me.

I thought the pinball arcade and zen were out for the android, also I would think either with bluetooth or via a usb header the controller aspect can be sorted? I know for a fact you can connect a keyboard encoder to an android tablet as its simply seen as a keyboard.

#15 10 years ago

What are the average prices?

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from mameman:

Yeah looking at options for lockbar, personally not a huge fan of the cut down real one, its not proportional enough for me.
    I thought the pinball arcade and zen were out for the android, also I would think either with bluetooth or via a usb header the controller aspect can be sorted? I know for a fact you can connect a keyboard encoder to an android tablet as its simply seen as a keyboard.

I build lock down bars for my mini models out of steel roof sheeting easily shapable.

It is out on android but no one has made a good option for me to play it on and sell plus it need little to no lag with keyboard encoder or I'm not interested if you could figure it out for Android d I'm sure I'd get one in future not anytime before Christmas though holidays.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

That's because Android sucks. The fragmentation alone is why you guys fail to have cool accessories like this. Life is tough. You backed the wrong horse.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xanathar:

What are the average prices?

$200 for base, $300 with all the goodies.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

That's because Android sucks. The fragmentation alone is why you guys fail to have cool accessories like this. Life is tough. You backed the wrong horse.

Well that's just like your opinion man. I have no idea what you mean the reason why we don't have many controllers is because developers worry to much about IOS because a lot of people have apple, but a lot also have android. I don't know what your problem is mister Grinch but I'm sure your a fan boy which is fine. I never backed the wrong horse I choose what I want freedom of choice $350 android tablet 1080p Res. 16 gb internal storage and SD card USB HDMI support vs apple only have internal and no USB. NIVIDIA Tegra 2 graphics, 10 inch screen its awesome vs something I wouldn't like to use just to play pinball and surf the web for 600 no thanks and a new better model every 8 months forget it.

I'll be running it on mini PC cab soon anyway so I don't really need to worry about a 3000 controller I can build cabinets but I don't do electrical controller stuff.

#20 10 years ago

Mameman has been the inspiration for me to build my own VP cabinet. His work is excellent and he has been a huge help to the community.

These look great.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

Well that's just like your opinion man. I have no idea what you mean the reason why we don't have many controllers is because developers worry to much about IOS because a lot of people have apple, but a lot also have android. I don't know what your problem is mister Grinch but I'm sure your a fan boy which is fine. I never backed the wrong horse I choose what I want freedom of choice $350 android tablet 1080p Res. 16 gb internal storage and SD card USB HDMI support vs apple only have internal and no USB. NIVIDIA Tegra 2 graphics, 10 inch screen its awesome vs something I wouldn't like to use just to play pinball and surf the web for 600 no thanks and a new better model every 8 months forget it.
    I'll be running it on mini PC cab soon anyway so I don't really need to worry about a 3000 controller I can build cabinets but I don't do electrical controller stuff.

I see you lips flapping, but all I hear is gibberish.

If you aren't bright enough to understand what fragmentation is and why it's a problem for the Android ecosystem, then I sure as hell am not going to spend anymore time with you trying to explain it. I'd have better luck teaching Quantum Physics to a chimp.

#22 10 years ago

chimp-string-theory.jpgchimp-string-theory.jpg
    #23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

I see you lips flapping, but all I hear is gibberish.
    If you aren't bright enough to understand what fragmentation is and why it's a problem for the Android ecosystem, then I sure as hell am not going to spend anymore time with you trying to explain it. I'd have better luck teaching Quantum Physics to a chimp.

K buddy thanks for your much needed Input . Android has an ecosystem? who lives in it? Oh I get it Droid Bots.

Everything's fine on android I play top 10 regular in the tournaments. Already won the TZ kick starter backer and 2nd on Star Trek Next Gen don't think I'm backing the wrong horsey

#24 10 years ago

I get what you mean to many devices harder to support on all platforms I can assure you my system can handle the new games. Your saying android sucks because if you buy a really cheap system nothing will work good not my problem I paid more for good tablet. I see why more people like apple OS but its gonna shit all over itself soon trust me they can't keep putting out something every year people are sick of it.

Your paranoid about fragmentation and its not really hurting many it just blocks some users from using the app.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from mameman:

Geez, 1 week no comments. Tough crowd

I have no interest in the iPad product, but I'm very glad I clicked through anyway. I may be in the market for a CNC DIY cab soon. I think real flipper buttons would help sell the iPad cabinet (if that's possible).

Thanks for making cool stuff!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I have no interest in the iPad product, but I'm very glad I clicked through anyway. I may be in the market for a CNC DIY cab soon. I think real flipper buttons would help sell the iPad cabinet (if that's possible).
    Thanks for making cool stuff!

Thanks, and yes they are possible as highlighted in the info. On this one I just choose not to install them as I'm happy using my thumbs on the ipad. I am building one now with the encoder and buttons. Pics to follow shortly.

2 weeks later
    #27 10 years ago

I'm looking forward to mine. I'm sure Mameman will post pics when it is done. Complete with Medievel Madness (semi-themed) artwork and full button support.

#28 10 years ago

Is the flat pack available in custom sizes -- I'd like to assemble my own but I've got an iPad with a difficult to remove case and would love to be able to drop it in case and all. Thanks!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is the flat pack available in custom sizes -- I'd like to assemble my own but I've got an iPad with a difficult to remove case and would love to be able to drop it in case and all. Thanks!

Yup, send me an email with the dimensions you need to accommodate and I can cut to suit.

#30 10 years ago

Yes, please post pics when more cabs get completed. I've been working on a prototype before I place an order for a custom size flat pack or completed cab.

#31 10 years ago

As requested here some pics of the cab for PinballPals.

Cabinet is running an icade core controller with arcade buttons and light weight switches (icade default ones are way to hard).

Stereo speakers mounted behind the grills. Both the sound system and icade are powered by a power brick that plugs into the wall and power is controlled via a switch on the back of the cabinet.
    mmipad.jpgmmipad.jpg
    mmipad2.jpgmmipad2.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Looks great. Well done.

#33 10 years ago

Thanks Mameman. I'm looking forward to it. It turned out looking great.

#34 10 years ago

Excellent! MameMan.. I like your
    fullsize Cabs.. the most.. iam old school. Your the
    Greatest!!!

1 month later
    #35 10 years ago

Looks Nice
    Is the backbox hinged ?
    Could you make/ link a video which shows the pin in action ?
    Could you list the specs. for the"full monty" ?

Would legs add to the feel ? ( enough height to raise it just a little above the table)

Would you ship abroad ?

#36 10 years ago

Is this on youtube? If so link asap, if not - get to recording!

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from berserk-:

Looks Nice
    Is the backbox hinged ?
    Could you make/ link a video which shows the pin in action ?
    Could you list the specs. for the"full monty" ?
    Would legs add to the feel ? ( enough height to raise it just a little above the table)
    Would you ship abroad ?

Not hinged but could be.
    Will make a video when I have one on hand.
    Legs would probably make it uncomfortable to play
    Sure will ship anywhere.

Full Monty is upto the user, but could include

Full buttons
    Wired power or battery powered
    Wired speakers or Bluetooth speakers
    LCD for backglass
    Backlit translite
    Std or p2k style cabinet

#38 10 years ago

MameMan
    you have any Full size cabinets ready to
    sell?? A Guns N Roses theme one would
    be sweet..

#39 10 years ago

I like the looks of the one with buttons. I do not have an IPAD but it looks cool.
    I have seen others similar made before this. Just FYI

#40 10 years ago

Very nice.... So tempting. Wish I knew more about mame in general to load my own games instead of just using pinball arcade.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

MameMan
    you have any Full size cabinets ready to
    sell?? A Guns N Roses theme one would
    be sweet..

None ready at the minute, most built to order as each as something unique about it normally.

1 year later
    #42 8 years ago

Are you going to make more of these greg?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/say-hello-to-iflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.