(Topic ID: 119003)

Saw This Operator Moving His Pin Today...(PIC)

By jasonp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by clone97
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
NCM_0318.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Tommy Lift, Bars to protect back window but to lazy to drop the head down??????
He was doing 55/60 with it like this ... If I didn't have a job to be at I would have followed him and made an offer on the spot and try to see what else I could rescue from him.... SAD!!

NCM_0318.JPGNCM_0318.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Oh but he's been doing it that way for years and never had a problem. Some peoples kids.

#3 9 years ago

And probably only kept up with the latch .
Our police would have stopped him .
No way to drive like this on our Autobahn .

#4 9 years ago

Lazy or just unfamiliar with pins? I can't imagine anyone that knew better wouldn't take the 2 minutes to fold and secure. You would think at least the guy who sold it to him would be like uhhh...hey buddy you might want to......

#5 9 years ago

It folds down?...

#6 9 years ago

Maybe he read on the internet that was a really good way to blow the dust out of the back box...

#7 9 years ago

Probably didn't want to remove all of the drywall screws holding it up.

#8 9 years ago

Isn't there a possibility that the head keys were lost and there are a few bolts connecting it to the body?

#9 9 years ago

Well that took all the fun out of this thresd !

#10 9 years ago

^^^ two little screws to take the lock out .

#11 9 years ago

Cross-threaded bolts? There are some legitimate reasons to do this, but it should at least be covered and have rubber or something soft covering the playfield glass.

Of course it could also be an undercover cop trying to catch people taking photos with their phones while driving...

#12 9 years ago

I actually remember seeing this happen back in the 90's before i knew better... Makes me cringe now!

#13 9 years ago

It is also standing on its legs back there...

#14 9 years ago

North Carolinians are not the smartest. I was born there.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Yeah but you were smart enough to move.

#16 9 years ago

That picture brought back memories. Mid 1980's Rollie Beech ( head of Twin City Novelty then ) approached me at the distributor. And remarked "F' Lloyd, I was doing 90 on highway 100 and you passed me like I was standing still. With a game on the back".

I miss the good old days.

LTG : )™

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Hmmmm

#18 9 years ago

You have to think about that, huh?

#19 9 years ago

This is how I brought my newest pin home today. Just a tad safer I think.image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is how I brought my newest pin home today. Just a tad safer I think.

image.jpg 109 KB

Will a crated pin fit in the bed of a 40 year old F-150?

Guess you answered that for us.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Dammit, jfh. I KNEW you were secretly in on MMR!

#22 9 years ago

Ironic that the pin is a Roadshow.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Yeah but you were smart enough to move.

....to Kansass.

#24 9 years ago

I have seen this a few times here on our freeway over the years. I always sort of Shake my head. A few of them have been operators or operator employees

#25 9 years ago

So when I bought my MM from a coin opp. place in Detroit ( Union Music ), I laid a thick towel over the playfield glass , carefully lowered the backbox down as to not damage the side rails ( already dinged ) and wrapped the game in plastic , removed the legs and set it on a hand cart. When I looked up the hole shop was watching and looked at me like I was from another planet. Right then I realized they had never seen or moved a pin like that !

#27 9 years ago

Is that a donut shop or an adult toy store?

#28 9 years ago

while I personally would never move a pin like this, I can see where it is completely acceptable to an operator.

It likely causes no damage at all and made his day quicker since he just carried it out of one location and into the shop (hopefully for a good cleaning) without out any time spent on tear down and set up.

#29 9 years ago

If you think all of the routed pins that you have haven't been moved in this way at some point in the past, you're kidding yourself

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

image.jpg 109 KB

Two questions;

No snow in Lafayette, and why does the driver of the pickup have it in reverse?

#31 9 years ago

just lazy people man, lazy people. do this in the summer time, then you are scrapping bugs off the backbox, well, I guess this guy wouldn't scrape them off. lmao

#32 9 years ago

I have also seen this scenario before I got into pinball. I of course didn't know any better and thought it was pretty cool! I wanted him to stop at a gas station so I could run a power cord and play a few games

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Two questions;
No snow in Lafayette, and why does the driver of the pickup have it in reverse?

The snow from earlier in the week melted. Don't know about the reverse question. I took the pic when we were stopped at a light. My friend's truck is ancient, but it got the job done!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The snow from earlier in the week melted. Don't know about the reverse question. I took the pic when we were stopped at a light. My friend's truck is ancient, but it got the job done!

What pin you buy?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If you think all of the routed pins that you have haven't been moved in this way at some point in the past, you're kidding yourself

I was a game tech in the 90s and saw this and worse. I saw more than a few toppers broken when guys moving them through doorways with head up.

I have seen pins stripped to be shopped out and never finished... Parts then lost.

More than a few exploding playfeild glasses all over playfeild.

#36 9 years ago

It was a great club to be a member of.

#37 9 years ago

I believe this is standard op operation...have seen it many times (3-4 easy).
They have dollies that swoop under the back legs and they strap it on ....rolls out.

#38 9 years ago

I had a local operated I repaired pins for. They always moved them on the legs and used only,one strap. Tommy gate and dragged them around the truck. Levelers were always junk and back legs bent.
The only time I moved agame with the head up was because of a lost key. About two blocks away i foam blocked and strapped the head trough the truck doors to support it. Only 30 miles home but man was I nervous .
Fortytwo

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Will a crated pin fit in the bed of a 40 year old F-150?
Guess you answered that for us.

Actually you can get 6 of them on there, with the tailgate down....Don't ask how I would know that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saw-this-operator-moving-his-pin-todaypic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.