You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_63 (resized).jpg
_62 (resized).jpg
_61 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

The backglass on the Domino I'm in the process of fixing up has quite a bit of paint flaking. I plan to use triple thick to try and save it, but those paint flakes in the blue areas are floating over the glass and need to be secured before spraying. They flake off easily. Just lifting the glass to take the photos made some flakes fall.

How can I secure the flakes before applying triple thick?

Or is this backglass a lost cause and I should just get one from BG Resto? The Domino backlglass is available.

Thanks

Alberto

_63 (resized).jpg_63 (resized).jpg_61 (resized).jpg_61 (resized).jpg_62 (resized).jpg_62 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Superglue and press down with plastic wrap. I've made several posts on the subject with details on the procedure.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Superglue and press down with plastic wrap. I've made several posts on the subject with details on the procedure.

Found the post, thank you for pointing this out. One follow-up question, will the plastic wrap actually come off after the Super Glue sets? Or am I cutting it of and leaving some behind?

#4 3 years ago

You can safely remove it after 24 hours.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saving-paint-flakes-on-domino-backglass-before-applying-triple-thick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.