(Topic ID: 267006)

POLL: JJP POTC OR Stern JP?...........OR TZ? 272 votes and counting!

By Pinbri

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should my first be?”

• POTC (LE) 113 votes
    39%
  • TWILIGHT ZONE 62 votes
    21%
  • JP (STERN LE) 96 votes
    33%
  • OTHER 21 votes
    7%

(292 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200429_100321 (resized).jpg
IMG20200428202806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpg
A95D7C1C-C294-4B65-B7E8-C93B2DB9CEBA (resized).jpeg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Well I have staff who heard you saying my bloody wife spent the money I had put aside as well

No point me dreaming that story up, remember if you tell the truth you never have to lie.

Nobody has ever been to small claims regarding our business so be careful making comments you can't back up

What you tell us and what you tell others makes no difference to me, you ignored at least 2 emails and messages left because you didn't have the money, so you avoided us, if you really think you have a case for non breach of contract feel free to proceed.

The order could have been cancelled anytime up till the game was built with your own game number you selected,

You even ran ads listing your game for sale on gumtree trying to sell it prior to it's arrival, does that sound like someone who cancelled an order?

Anyway I only posted as I was sick of the bullshit you were posting.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Well I have staff who heard you saying my bloody wife spent the money I had put aside as well
No point me dreaming that story up, remember if you tell the truth you never have to lie.
Nobody has ever been to small claims regarding our business so be careful making comments you can't back up
What you tell us and what you tell others makes no difference to me, you ignored at least 2 emails and messages left because you didn't have the money, so you avoided us, if you really think you have a case for non breach of contract feel free to proceed.
The order could have been cancelled anytime up till the game was built with your own game number you selected,
You even ran ads listing your game for sale on gumtree trying to sell it prior to it's arrival, does that sound like someone who cancelled an order?
Anyway I only posted as I was sick of the bullshit you were posting.

This thread has been derailed enough I will not post any more on this subject , after this .
Below is part of a conversation I had with a well-known American distributor almost a year ago and it proves who the one talking shit is . You brought all of this up , not me .

IMG_20200429_100321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_100321 (resized).jpg
#103 3 years ago

Aussies; the only thing more incestuous than Michigan collectors.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This thread has been derailed enough I will not post any more on this subject , after this .
Below is part of a conversation I had with a well-known American distributor almost a year ago and it proves who the one talking shit is . You brought all of this up , not me .[quoted image]

Best option for the future would be to only buy through Paul at pinballsales based in Keysborough. He is the only one listed as an authorised Australian distributor on the JJP website so you can be assured of professional sales support all the way up the supply chain from that point.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/distributors/#Australia

#105 3 years ago

JP no question best game to start with. It's well liked, fun layout, not too hard, and generally reliable. You can buy one new or save a little finding a huo.

TZ is one of my favorite games. It's such a great classic loaded with features and nostalgia (for me at least). Owning these older games is a different experience, though. Maintenance will be more of an issue and TZ is no exception. TZ is also expensive. If it's not a game you already love, hard to argue getting it instead of a new Stern.

The POTC rolex comment is spot on. Nobody seemed too excited about it until production unexpectedly stopped short and then all of a sudden it's the got-to-have game. Rumors are they were too expensive to make but pretty sure sales figures were not great either. Owners won't hesitate to tell you it's the best game ever yet many cashed when used prices shot up. It's definitely loaded full of features but I didn't find it anyone near $11-14k fun. You can get two Stern pro's for that and have 10x more fun imo.

#106 3 years ago

jawjaw Thats a good point, I wonder how people will feel about POTC if/when a second run is made. Obviously there's supply and demand but it is interesting seeing owners selling it with the prices inflated.

Quoted from jawjaw:

JP no question best game to start with. It's well liked, fun layout, not too hard, and generally reliable. You can buy one new or save a little finding a huo.
TZ is one of my favorite games. It's such a great classic loaded with features and nostalgia (for me at least). Owning these older games is a different experience, though. Maintenance will be more of an issue and TZ is no exception. TZ is also expensive. If it's not a game you already love, hard to argue getting it instead of a new Stern.
The POTC rolex comment is spot on. Nobody seemed too excited about it until production unexpectedly stopped short and then all of a sudden it's the got-to-have game. Rumors are they were too expensive to make but pretty sure sales figures were not great either. Owners won't hesitate to tell you it's the best game ever yet many cashed when used prices shot up. It's definitely loaded full of features but I didn't find it anyone near $11-14k fun. You can get two Stern pro's for that and have 10x more fun imo.

#107 3 years ago

I think the reason for the poor POTC launch was two fold. One, there was a lot negative backlash (understandably) with nixing the spinning rings and the chest lid opening and closing. Two, because of this backlash, there were quite a few cancelations which then meant it was harder to find one to play. Once enough people played it, enjoyed it, and wanted to buy it was around the time JJP decided to stop production. So in the end you had more demand than supply.

I think the price inflation is indicative on how most owners DON'T want to sell it.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

jawjaw Thats a good point, I wonder how people will feel about POTC if/when a second run is made. Obviously there's supply and demand but it is interesting seeing owners selling it with the prices inflated.

If a second run is made and more people get to spend time on one, I think if you are player that loves deep, challenging games that you will love it. It's like it was said previously, there was backlash when they nixed the triple disc and opening chest. Because of that, people didn't jump on it out of the gate and many cancelled orders thinking they would wait to try it out instead. For many, that opportunity to play never game because the game was so scarce. For instance, normally we have 12-15 of any new Stern pin on route locally here. With JJP Pirates, we had 2...and that's because Lloyd at SS Billiards does tech support for JJP so he had one, otherwise it's one...total. People didn't get the opportunity to play it and by the time they did it was too late. Lawlor wanted to make sure Wonka had the full spotlight and with everything else from the big BOM to the complexity, it was a perfect storm to keep JJP Pirates in the shadows and move on to the next game.

I think JP and TZ are fantastic games and I would certainly buy a JP for the right price, but this just shows you how much I personally love JJP Pirates. I've had 29+ pins come and go over the years. I'm thrifty, I've never paid more than $4300 for any pin before and even $4k+ is a rare exception for me. I'll wait until the deal is right for me instead of jumping the gun and overpaying. All that said, I went out and spent almost double the amount I've ever spent on any game on a JJP Pirates. I loved it from the first time playing it on route, it was instantly a top 4 pin for me. It's that good and even better in a home environment where you can really explore it without spending a fortune on coin drop. I could easily make a lot of money on my JJP pin, it's hard for some to simply overlook thousands in potential profit on a game they've already got to own and play, but I have zero interest in selling mine. It never gets old to me and with a code update still to come, I am extremely excited to see how the best can even get better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saving-for-my-first-pinhelp-potc-or-tz-or-jpstern-or-other/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.