(Topic ID: 267006)

POLL: JJP POTC OR Stern JP?...........OR TZ? 272 votes and counting!

By Pinbri

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should my first be?”

• POTC (LE) 113 votes
    39%
  • TWILIGHT ZONE 62 votes
    21%
  • JP (STERN LE) 96 votes
    33%
  • OTHER 21 votes
    7%

(292 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200429_100321 (resized).jpg
IMG20200428202806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpg
A95D7C1C-C294-4B65-B7E8-C93B2DB9CEBA (resized).jpeg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Thanks Huntsolo WOZ is a beautiful game and I personally love MB but I can see it getting repetitive. I'm really hoping JJP does another run of the POTC so I can get one NIB and at a lower price too! Have you done any of the mods? I would definitely get the chest mod and some of the other cools ones from the mod couple

Quoted from Huntsolo:

I have a standard Potc. Chris at Kingpin supplied (1st nib pin I bought) Looking back would I have bought a nib le or ce at that time if I had the chance yes . For being my first new game I have learned a ton on how these things work . The glass has to come off the pirates often. Balls stuck in weird spots is the most common problem I come up against . In one year my family of 4 has played 2500 games of pirates. I have rebuilt flippers and changed balls and rubbers on a regular basis . The game is a absolute masterpiece . We are very spoiled having it first . Monster bash and WOz came and went. No comparison to our pirates.
As far as JP. We have had a pro in house for a week now . It is a amazing game . In my opinion a much better game to buy as a first time pin owner and a great start to a collection . Again would I like to have a premium or limited yes. Yet in the middle of this covid mess the nib JP pro was the best option I found currently avaliable. Zack at Flip n Out made it a quick and great buying experience .
When and if JJP releases a second run of Pirates I will be buying another one for sure . Buy what you can find now and enjoy it .
The fit and finish on the JJP games are really worth the money they demand. There is a definite reason a Stern pro and a standard JJP are thousands of dollars apart.

Quoted from Huntsolo:

I have a standard Potc. Chris at Kingpin supplied (1st nib pin I bought) Looking back would I have bought a nib le or ce at that time if I had the chance yes . For being my first new game I have learned a ton on how these things work . The glass has to come off the pirates often. Balls stuck in weird spots is the most common problem I come up against . In one year my family of 4 has played 2500 games of pirates. I have rebuilt flippers and changed balls and rubbers on a regular basis . The game is a absolute masterpiece . We are very spoiled having it first . Monster bash and WOz came and went. No comparison to our pirates.
As far as JP. We have had a pro in house for a week now . It is a amazing game . In my opinion a much better game to buy as a first time pin owner and a great start to a collection . Again would I like to have a premium or limited yes. Yet in the middle of this covid mess the nib JP pro was the best option I found currently avaliable. Zack at Flip n Out made it a quick and great buying experience .
When and if JJP releases a second run of Pirates I will be buying another one for sure . Buy what you can find now and enjoy it .
The fit and finish on the JJP games are really worth the money they demand. There is a definite reason a Stern pro and a standard JJP are thousands of dollars apart.

Quoted from Huntsolo:

#52 3 years ago

Rdoyle1978 Glad to hear! The catapult is one of the coolest things I'ver ever seen and the art package is so beautiful and true to the theme. I gotta find one to play. How do you think it compares to TOM?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also bolted to the floor. Mine has been perfect out of the box, not a single issue ever from the catapult, I can destroy the inner loop (the alleged “too tight” shot). It’s got deep code, lots and LOTS of modes, every game feels fulfilling.. the catapult never gets old. Great light show (especially “man from beyond” mode). Coolest integration ever of a knocker (on Bullet Catch mode). What more can I say? Build quality is outstanding. SUPER cool mechs. It’s fun to shoot.. I am totally baffled by naysayers, but not every gave connects with everybody (I never really connected with LOTR for example)

#53 3 years ago

Has JJP said if they are going to build more POTC pins? I am very interested in getting one down the road.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Has JJP said if they are going to build more POTC pins? I am very interested in getting one down the road.

No....although some people think they might and just raise the price. I for one think its pretty unlikely although it would be nice if more came available.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They really should. I would get a LE in an instant.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

So this is my first post on pinside and I'm looking for feedback in quarantine! I've been a pinball enthusiast all my life and would like to have a home collection one day. I love deep rules. I just watched all of the SDTM Pinball videos and that caught me up on all of the most recent pins. I haven't played POTC or JP (Stern) but I'm interested to see what people think about how these two will fare in the long run?
Pinside, what should my first pin be and why?

What an awesome position to be in! Choosing from JJP POTC, JP2, and TZ as a first pin. Wow! Kudos to you, my friend.

I will tell you that you absolutely cannot go wrong with any of those. They would each be the gem in most people's collections. Having said that, here are my thoughts:

POTC is deep, looks beautiful, and plays like a dream. There are truly no flaws in it...other than price. That hurts. If you have plenty of funds, however...get it. It's amazing.

JP2 is another amazing effort. People will say that potential PF chipping and lack of licensing rights are its' pitfalls. The chipping is a big deal, so i would recommend buying a HUO version that has held up well. More rights would be awesome, but it doesn't really take away from the game imo. As several have mentioned, go for the premium version.

TZ has stood the test of time. Great theme, wonderful toys, top designer, tons of available mods, and built like a tank. They made a ton of them, so they aren't hard to find even in high quality examples.

Final thought:
If it were me, considering the cost...i would buy a JP2 and a TZ...since they would cost about as much as a POTC put together, and they would be easier to find. If you have plans to get more pins quickly, i would say go for POTC to start with and then work on the rest of your list.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What an awesome position to be in! Choosing from JJP POTC, JP2, and TZ as a first pin. Wow! Kudos to you, my friend.
I will tell you that you absolutely cannot go wrong with any of those. They would each be the gem in most people's collections. Having said that, here are my thoughts:
POTC is deep, looks beautiful, and plays like a dream. There are truly no flaws in it...other than price. That hurts. If you have plenty of funds, however...get it. It's amazing.
JP2 is another amazing effort. People will say that potential PF chipping and lack of licensing rights are its' pitfalls. The chipping is a big deal, so i would recommend buying a HUO version that has held up well. More rights would be awesome, but it doesn't really take away from the game imo. As several have mentioned, go for the premium version.
TZ has stood the test of time. Great theme, wonderful toys, top designer, tons of available mods, and built like a tank. They made a ton of them, so they aren't hard to find even in high quality examples.

Final thought:
If it were me, considering the cost...i would buy a JP2 and a TZ...since they would cost about as much as a POTC put together, and they would be easier to find. If you have plans to get more pins quickly, i would say go for POTC to start with and then work on the rest of your list.

This is very good advice....the challenge is finding a POTCLE, and if u find one its gonna cost anywhere from $12-$14K depending on market location, condition, and how modded out the game is .... I'm sure u can pick up a JP premium or a nice TZ for around $7-$8K. Buying a Stern LE is total waste of money...if your in love with the JP2 LE armor color u can have it powder coated for $300

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

Thanks hogey !! I can't wait to have the opportunity to play them! Until then, it's just listening to podcasts and STDMP on youtube and talking with everyone one here

not off to a good start I see!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

rdoyle1978 Glad to hear! The catapult is one of the coolest things I'ver ever seen and the art package is so beautiful and true to the theme. I gotta find one to play. How do you think it compares to TOM?

Not even close. ToM is a very cool game, and the trunk is a great mech, it shoots great! But the code is shallow and even though it's fun to play it every once in a while, I would find myself just shooting and not really thinking, engaging with it. ToM looks AMAZING but in terms of the game, and longevity, i think Houdini is a far better game, and much more bang for the buck.

That said, ToM has WAY better ramps and the layout has much better flow. Houdini is a stop-and-go game for the most part

#60 3 years ago

Daditude PtownPin Thanks again guys, extremely good advice. I think I would have an easier time deciding if JJP was reproducing the POTC's but I'll probably want all three in a collection one day so we shall see! I'm just happy that quality pins are coming out left and right. Super excited to see the next round of pins that come out hopefully this year! What are you guys looking for in your next pins, dream themes??

Quoted from Daditude:

Final thought:

Quoted from PtownPin:

This is very good advice....the challenge is finding a POTCLE, and if u find one its gonna cost anywhere from $12-$14K depending on market location, condition, and how modded out the game is .... I'm sure u can pick up a JP premium or a nice TZ for around $7-$8K. Buying a Stern LE is total waste of money...if your in love with the JP2 LE armor color u can have it powder coated for $300

#61 3 years ago

Rdoyle1978 I'm a big fan of stop and go so that's nice to hear; I'll definitely want a magic themed pin at some point and it seems like Houdini is the type of game that can last in a collection. I bet there are tons of cool mods for Houdini too

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not even close. ToM is a very cool game, and the trunk is a great mech, it shoots great! But the code is shallow and even though it's fun to play it every once in a while, I would find myself just shooting and not really thinking, engaging with it. ToM looks AMAZING but in terms of the game, and longevity, i think Houdini is a far better game, and much more bang for the buck.
That said, ToM has WAY better ramps and the layout has much better flow. Houdini is a stop-and-go game for the most part

#62 3 years ago

I've played a great deal of the top 100, just not a lot of the newer releases in the last two years so quarantine and no pins = sad PinBry

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

not off to a good start I see!

#63 3 years ago

Potc hands down best game

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Final thought:

I'm with daditude on this, get a great example TZ and JP2 Pre for the cost of JJPOTC. That comes from someone who has owned two JJPOTCs... My TZ will be the last to go. But if you are in love with a specific theme, that often decides it.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

daditude ptownpin Thanks again guys, extremely good advice. I think I would have an easier time deciding if JJP was reproducing the POTC's but I'll probably want all three in a collection one day so we shall see! I'm just happy that quality pins are coming out left and right. Super excited to see the next round of pins that come out hopefully this year! What are you guys looking for in your next pins, dream themes??

I stopped buying NIB games due to all the manufacturing issues and their lack of support....all game purchased in the future will be nice HUO games or classics that are in great shape....WW is likely my next purchase.

#66 3 years ago

PtownPin Couldn't agree more on your NIB assessment. Flashy for big bucks. WW is a cool game, have ES another good one, and love my GNR!

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

ptownpin Couldn't agree more on your NIB assessment. Flashy for big bucks. WW is a cool game, have ES another good one, and love my GNR!

I am interested to see what JJP does with GNR....same designer as POTC so I'm expecting big things....If they ever make the game then I'll pick up a nice HUO one...in my market theres always people who buy these games site unseen and then sell 3-6 months later realizing its not their cup of tea.

#68 3 years ago

Yes. I've seen many newer games for sale that are only months old. I think JJP will have a hard time topping the DE GNR but I'm sure it will look good. I added pin sound & made a huge difference with the color DMD. I'd rather re-do older games anyway whether system 11's or others. My GNR took almost 3 months, total tear down but worth the effort when done. Game looks new now.

#69 3 years ago

Not a widebody fan and JP is a masterpiece, so the choice is easy. Premium or LE makes no difference.

#70 3 years ago

I must say this though. As I was working on the GNR I had some lighting issues ( GI of course ) so I called 1-800-kickers that was listed inside back box, it's Stern tech support. They helped me out & did call backs for a 26 yr old game. I thought that was pretty awesome. Problem solved. Not saying it would make me buy a new Stern though. To me, quality isn't there on newer games whether Stern or JJP. Just my opinion.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

I personally love MB but I can see it getting repetitive.

You should take a look at Elvira House of Horrors. I traded a Monster Bash away after 6 months because it got repetitive. I feel that the current code has this game in the top 10.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

daditude ptownpin Thanks again guys, extremely good advice. I think I would have an easier time deciding if JJP was reproducing the POTC's but I'll probably want all three in a collection one day so we shall see! I'm just happy that quality pins are coming out left and right. Super excited to see the next round of pins that come out hopefully this year! What are you guys looking for in your next pins, dream themes??

I keep my pinside collection very up to date, so it states all of my "wishlist" pins.

As far as dream themes (pins not yet in existence), im a movie guy...so things like harry potter, predator, jaws, the godfather, or another james bond pin would be it. Mariokart, lego, or zelda would be epic as well.

We are getting TMNT and GNR next, so hopefully those will live up to the hype. Both great themes imo.

#73 3 years ago

@tklwyr I keep hearing that! It seems like the new code update makes the game deep and I love the art, playfield shots, toys and themes! will definitely take a look =)

Quoted from tktlwyr:

You should take a look at Elvira House of Horrors. I traded a Monster Bash away after 6 months because it got repetitive. I feel that the current code has this game in the top 10.

#74 3 years ago

Is the JJP GNR confirmed by them? that would be amazing. I'm also a huge movie buff, I would love Harry Potter, there's literally an endless amount of possibilities with that ip. I never even thought of the Godfather, that would be insane. A nintendo pin would be EPIC!

Quoted from Daditude:

I keep my pinside collection very up to date, so it states all of my "wishlist" pins.
As far as dream themes (pins not yet in existence), im a movie guy...so things like harry potter, predator, jaws, the godfather, or another james bond pin would be it. Mariokart, lego, or zelda would be epic as well.
We are getting TMNT and GNR next, so hopefully those will live up to the hype. Both great themes imo.

#75 3 years ago

My current lineup is TZ, JP2(prem), Elvira hoh.

First pin JP2 for sure. plenty plenty deep code wise. Not too easy not too tough. Buy some extra coil stops that's the only issue I've had.

TZ is my favorite game ever, but can require some fixes. Once everything is fixed it's rock solid. Many are in good condition for 7k , but will still need some mechs rebuilt. If you like fixing things, don't mind a 90s code set, and a widebody then it's a great choice.

Pirates is a really cool game. I have one on location close to me. It's always broke always...maybe in a home environment it would be different. The level of code depth is almost unmatched. The ship is ridiculously awesome. The game absolutely has to be setup perfectly to play properly. Personally I would wait for a rerun. It's a great game I personally love the character choices that can lend itself to the kind of player you are, but it's not worth $12-$15k it's just not. No game is in my opinion.

You really can't go wrong with any of those games, but a TZ and JP2 are nice "together". I should know and 14k for both instead of 14k for just pirates no comparison there.

#76 3 years ago

Dokkaebi Even though I haven't watched all of the episodes of TZ I have still seen a few and love the pin! If I'm being honest, going to MGM Studios as a kid (now hollywood studios) and going on the Tower of Terror, I'd see the Twilight zone intro before riding and I always loved the mystery and theme behind it. Do you have all the mods? The ship on Pirates is just too cool and the fact that it shoots a cannon into another ship is such an insanely cool feature. $12-15K IS NUTS, I remember when a new pin was $4999 haha.

<block-quote cite="#5612634">My current lineup is TZ, JP2(prem), Elvira hoh.
First pin JP2 for sure. plenty plenty deep code wise. Not too easy not too tough. Buy some extra coil stops that's the only issue I've had.
TZ is my favorite game ever, but can require some fixes. Once everything is fixed it's rock solid. Many are in good condition for 7k , but will still need some mechs rebuilt. If you like fixing things, don't mind a 90s code set, and a widebody then it's a great choice.
Pirates is a really cool game. I have one on location close to me. It's always broke always...maybe in a home environment it would be different. The level of code depth is almost unmatched. The ship is ridiculously awesome. The game absolutely has to be setup perfectly to play properly. Personally I would wait for a rerun. It's a great game I personally love the character choices that can lend itself to the kind of player you are, but it's not worth $12-$15k it's just not. No game is in my opinion.
You really can't go wrong with any of those games, but a TZ and JP2 are nice "together". I should know and 14k for both instead of 14k for just pirates no comparison there.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

chrono86 Even though I haven't watched all of the episodes of TZ I have still seen a few and love the pin! If I'm being honest, going to MGM Studios as a kid (now hollywood studios) and going on the Tower of Terror, I'd see the Twilight zone intro before riding and I always loved the mystery and theme behind it. Do you have all the mods? The ship on Pirates is just too cool and the fact that it shoots a cannon into another ship is such an insanely cool feature. $12-15K IS NUTS, I remember when a new pin was $4999 haha.
<block-quote cite="#5612634">My current lineup is TZ, JP2(prem), Elvira hoh.

If you can find a really good example, you won't regret it. Mine has a third spiral magnet and was restored by Bryan Kelly in 2010. It plays like new. Worth reaching a little further on price if a similar game is available. Add ColorDMD and the small TV, some other enhancements, and it really pops. I love JJPOTC, but it isn't better than TZ, in my opinion. But I prefer the TZ theme, so that plays a role. They are actually similar games in many ways. Code is very deep on JJPOTC, but the modes are more distinctive on TZ, imo.

#78 3 years ago

Pinbri not a huge mod guy. Gumballs obviously. Probably going to mirror blade mine, maybe a color DMD, but I'm kinda a purist unless it's really an amazing mod. I'm also a massive TZ fan watched it growing up(reruns) with my dad. Easily seen every episode several times lol. So I may be a little biased on TZ.

#79 3 years ago

Tz is my first in-last out

#80 3 years ago

All three titles are great pins, so I'll offer an opinion. You want a deep game, so deep you don't get to the wizard mode. Two of your choices are wide-bodies, so I assume you really want a widebody. I suggest buying JJPOTC at $13.5k. In the meantime, recommend buying a HUO Hobbit LE for under $7k to get your JJP fix. Game can be beaten on 5 balls now but next release will add a wizard mode. You should be able to sell your Hobbit in the future for close to what you buy it for.

TZ - easiest of the 3 games with tons of toys and it is usually modded further. Game can be beaten on 3 balls and won occasionally with 5 balls. Move this to your future list.

JP3 - middle easy, with little depth but plenty of breadth and it has tons of flow. Game can be beaten on 10 balls, but who uses that setting? Probably can be beaten on 5 balls with dedicated practice. Move this to your future list.

JJPOTC - difficult to win - it can't be beaten. Game is deep plus it has breadth. Seems like 3 games in one and mine is bolted to the floor. Buy JJPOTC whenever it dips to $13.5k. This will require a lot of patience waiting for the right price, as it commonly seen for $15k-$17k.

#81 3 years ago

@jeffspinballpalace

Thanks so much! That's exactly it, I want a game that feels/is unfinishable and it seems like JJPOTC is that game. There was a code update for it right? or are people still waiting for the final wizard mode?

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

All three titles are great pins, so I'll offer an opinion. You want a deep game, so deep you don't get to the wizard mode. Two of your choices are wide-bodies, so I assume you really want a widebody. I suggest buying JJPOTC at $13.5k. In the meantime, recommend buying a HUO Hobbit LE for under $7k to get your JJP fix. Game can be beaten on 5 balls now but next release will add a wizard mode. You should be able to sell your Hobbit in the future for close to what you buy it for.
TZ - easiest of the 3 games with tons of toys and it is usually modded further. Game can be beaten on 3 balls and won occasionally with 5 balls. Move this to your future list.
JP3 - middle easy, with little depth but plenty of breadth and it has tons of flow. Game can be beaten on 10 balls, but who uses that setting? Probably can be beaten on 5 balls with dedicated practice. Move this to your future list.
JJPOTC - difficult to win - it can't be beaten. Game is deep plus it has breadth. Seems like 3 games in one and mine is bolted to the floor. Buy JJPOTC whenever it dips to $13.5k. This will require a lot of patience waiting for the right price, as it commonly seen for $15k-$17k.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

jeffspinballpalace
Thanks so much! That's exactly it, I want a game that feels/is unfinishable and it seems like JJPOTC is that game. There was a code update for it right? or are people still waiting for the final wizard mode?

Jeff's post was pretty spot on....also keep in mind POTC will get better when they drop the new code, which should be soon. Believe it or not the code still isn't finished

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

jeffspinballpalace

There you go! You've got your game, very few people can get through it.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

There you go! You've got your game, very few people can get through it.

unless u take the glass off

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

unless u take the glass off

I need to try that...

#86 3 years ago

This is a no brainer. JJP POTC because its the GOAT. Twilight Zone is a cool game but not easy to keep working for a first time buyer.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This is a no brainer. JJP POTC because its the GOAT. Twilight Zone is a cool game but not easy to keep working for a first time buyer.

And Potc is an easy game to keep working .

IMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpgIMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpg
#88 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And Potc is an easy game to keep working .[quoted image]

Do you know something numerous POTC owners don't know?

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

He's probably a little bitter he doesn't have one All games require a little tweaking here and there. Mine has been pretty flawless

#90 3 years ago

PtownPin Palmer @screamner @drfrightner

I keep watching the breakdowns by JJP Eric Meunier and STDM Pinball and general gameplay on youtube and there was just so much love put into that game. It's cool how Eric said he had a white water which may have influenced some of the games design as that's one of my favorites. I definitely will have to learn the ins and outs of the machines once I get my first but looking forward to it. I've also been scavenging the forum on whether JJP will make more of these and interviews from Jack because let's face it, I can't fix a machine until I have one hahah. Can't wait to be able to just play some games again, watching gameplay videos and reviews in quarantine is a bittersweet torture.

Some of the mods are incredible for the machine. I've seen a Jack Sparrow pop bumper toy and his dad, does anyone know if they make other characters? In looking at the top 100, I also wonder what keeps MM, AFM and MB glued at 1, 2 and 3 as well as some of the other rankings in the top 100. With all the new pins coming out, are people just holding on to their beliefs on some of the classics? It seems like POTC could be #1!!

Quoted from drfrightner:

Quoted from screaminr:

And Potc is an easy game to keep working .[quoted image]

Quoted from Palmer:

Quoted from PtownPin:

He's probably a little bitter he doesn't have one All games require a little tweaking here and there. Mine has been pretty flawless

#91 3 years ago

I have a POTC SE. I bought mine right after the LEs dried up and were already commanding a premium price (ie above MSRP). I really like the game. I also really like TZ. This game scratches the same itch for me. I wish they were able to inject the same amount of theme integration into POTC that they did for Hobbit (which I also own). If you could combine the theatrics of Hobbit with the layout and gameplay of POTC, I think that would truly be the GOAT. The theme integration is quite good though. People complain about the chapters. I am fine how they are as I don't think of them as modes. Really the modes are the multi balls (along with learning how to stack them) and you need to like multi ball modes if you are buying POTC. That said, I am not sure if I would pay 13 or 14k for a POTC. I don't think I would pay that for any game. That is just me though. You could buy JP Premium and TZ for almost the same price. However, I don't think I will ever sell my POTC unless I need the money (financial trouble).

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Going off recent sold prices I think POTC LE can be found, when available, for a decent amount under $13.5k. Currently 1 HUO LE is listed on the market place for $14,500 but it's been listed since January, and relisted twice. Zach from SDTM had his HUO LE listed a couple months ago with a ton of mods (including chest mod) at $13k for weeks, lowered to $12.5k, then sold for 12k. I sold a perfect HUO LE a month or so ago for $12k as well with maybe $200 - $300 in mods. Had mine listed for a couple weeks at $12,500 but didn't have any takers at that price (the one offer I did have at the time was under $12k). Maybe I sold low but I think it was priced right, especially considering an HUO CE recently went for around $16k. If none are ever made again I can see it going up in price even more, especially with new code coming. Yes I go back and forth almost every day that I made a mistake selling it lol.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was the first person in Australia to order one CE#25 . After waiting over 18 months and seeing all the issues with it and other things , I decided it wasn't for me . Name me another game that had to start a separate maintenance thread because there were too many people clogging up the owners thread with problems .

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, Stern LE is a pointless upgrade of monies so let's get that out of your system.
I would just get a JP Premium because you can probably get a new one right now.

Not to mention that JP premium has *the best* cabinet and backglass art. Honestly, though, with these games, it really depends on your own taste. For instance, do you prefer games from the 90's and such, or do you like more modern ones? Or, do you simply favor one theme more than another? It's a difficult decision with these games, but here's my vote.
1. JP Premium, it's just as good if not better than the LE
2. JJP POTC
3. TZ is great, but IMO does not compare to POTC or JP

#95 3 years ago

Anything but a new Stern. They are made of balsa wood and Elmer's glue.

#96 3 years ago

@snowyowl That's a really good point, personal taste plays a huge role. I love all three themes and could honestly probably say I prefer more games from the 90s.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

Not to mention that JP premium has *the best* cabinet and backglass art. Honestly, though, with these games, it really depends on your own taste. For instance, do you prefer games from the 90's and such, or do you like more modern ones? Or, do you simply favor one theme more than another? It's a difficult decision with these games, but here's my vote.
1. JP Premium, it's just as good if not better than the LE
2. JJP POTC
3. TZ is great, but IMO does not compare to POTC or JP

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was the first person in Australia to order one CE#25 . After waiting over 18 months and seeing all the issues with it and other things , I decided it wasn't for me . Name me another game that had to start a separate maintenance thread because there were too many people clogging up the owners thread with problems .

I bought CE #172 around six weeks ago from Eastern Europe, a problem free NIB machine other than minor adjustments. It’s very solid. Also owned an LE, and that was solid as well. But given these choices, I’d still go for a CQ TZ plus JP2 Pre over one JJPOTC.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I bet u wish u kept your order ....its a game with a lot of mechs and things going on....starting a technical thread isn't a big deal as its a place where people can troubleshoot issues. Its really not an indication of how reliable the game is once its dialed in.....especially in a home environment...mine has been pretty flawless

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Really Tell the real story, Wife spent the money you had put aside for the game, you custom ordered the game 25 and a CE at that, then failed to take delivery and pay the balance owing, while the Distributor held the game waiting for a reply to phone calls and emails without a response.

Left the distributor with a game they wouldn't have ordered to begin with, it's now with a new owner and worth more than the original price sold for.

A great investment for the new owners

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Really Tell the real story, Wife spent the money you had put aside for the game, you custom ordered the game 25 and a CE at that, then failed to take delivery and pay the balance owing, while the Distributor held the game waiting for a reply to phone calls and emails without a response.
Left the distributor with a game they wouldn't have ordered to begin with, it's now with a new owner and worth more than the original price sold for.
A great investment for the new owners

When I gave you the $1500 deposit in 2017 ( and you got it for $500 less because you told jjp I was the first to order it and I previously brought a couple of their games ) , I said to you if anything happens can I get my deposit back you said to me " I have never kept anyone's deposit " . So when I told you ( at least six months before it eventually arrived and it was still at jjp ) I wasn't able to get it and you said " we'll find it a home and you can get your deposit back " . I called you numerous times after that to see if you had sold it ( obviously I wanted my deposit back ) . I was very understanding of your position and didn't run off to small claims tribunal to get my deposit back , as many have . When it arrived in late 2019 you sent one email saying that it was available for delivery , knowing full well I wasn't going to get it and you never rang me . I have the email and phone records to prove it , if you want to go there . I have been a good customer over the last 15 years or so , buying numerous things off you including a RR woz and Le Hobbit . You say anything to get the money off a customer and once you have it , you don't care , just like when I had light board issues straight out of the box on the Hobbit you told me to contact jjp , or when I brought decals for my Fish Tails off you and you said it would cost $1,000 to install , so I got them and you said you were to busy and to find someone else to install them . I have never complained about you or losing my deposit on pinside or anywhere else for that matter . The real reason I didn't go through with it was because of quality concerns , reliability concerns and lack of assets from the movies . I asked you where the video clips of the actors are a number of times and you keep saying it's early code , it's coming , well it never did come .
Two sides to every story .
Staysafe
Cheers Rich .
IMG20200428202806 (resized).jpgIMG20200428202806 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus
Toppers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saving-for-my-first-pinhelp-potc-or-tz-or-jpstern-or-other/page/2?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.