(Topic ID: 146454)

Saving for first pin! Cheaper, simpler game or pricier, deeper game?

By mystman12

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Yoko2una
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattmarr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't knock up any broads either.
    Take the condom with you, don't leave it in the trash.

Especially if that broad is your wife...freaking daycare costs more than college.

I would recommend starting out on the less expensive (i.e. <$2000) side of things. There are some great games to be had under that price that can be very challenging even if they don't appear to be that "deep". Also, try to play as many different machines as you can, you might be surprised what grabs your attention. Good luck!

2 weeks later
    #47 8 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Alright, I'm starting to look for a few tools, and I need some advice on good starter soldering irons and multimeters. I found this soldering iron on Amazon, but since I know nothing about this sort of thing, I have no idea if this is a *good* soldering iron for pinball repair: amazon.com link »
    I'm not looking to spend too much on tools, since I'm certainly not planning on doing any major repairs or anything like that, just the simple issues when they come up.

Check out this post, lots of good info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattmarr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saving-for-first-pin-cheaper-simpler-game-or-pricier-deeper-game?tu=mattmarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.