IMG_5991 (resized).JPG
IMG_5990 (resized).JPG
IMG_5989 (resized).JPG
IMG_6029 (resized).JPG
IMG_6225 (resized).JPG
IMG_6001 (resized).JPG
IMG_6295 (resized).JPG
e203f4cb68ed0a1d83e038809df1a549770105c0 (resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

The PM never got to me. I have a pretty close to complete 2nd S.J. with a very
poor playfield. I was waiting for a playfield to possibly pop up but I'm sure we
would have worked something out, that is if I known about your project before
this past weekend.. (T)

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

The PM never got to me. I have a pretty close to complete 2nd S.J. with a very
poor playfield. I was waiting for a playfield to possibly pop up but I'm sure we
would have worked something out, that is if I known about your project before
this past weekend.. (T)

Mind sending me an e-mail with details and your location? [email protected]

I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks!

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I somehow managed to delete a nice version of this I had almost ready to post, what a pain in the ass! Oh well, here goes again:
463 (and a little more) miles and 2 whole days later, I have found a suitable body cabinet for my Star-Jet project! (with some small modifications done it will be 100% accurate).....

That's awesome! I love the pictures!
What a nice game room, it seems everyone has a skee-ball along with their pinballs!
I really would love to have my own personal arcade Gotta fine space and money first!

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I got some good sleep on a comfy couch, then the next day I loaded that up, then made my way up to Leesburg, Virginia to pick up a 1969 Gottlieb Skipper in beautiful condition for a great price

Can you post some video of the Skipper in action? I am thinking of picking up one of these for cheap, but surprisingly there are no videos of it yet! I wanna find out if this game is any fun or worth it, so lemme know!

#55 7 years ago

Otaku,

Looking forward to playing the finished product at one of the PA pinball shows in 2017! Glad the cabinet suits your needs... And Rocky Dog thanks you for making him famous

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Otaku,
Looking forward to playing the finished product at one of the PA pinball shows in 2017! Glad the cabinet suits your needs... And Rocky Dog thanks you for making him famous
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Definitely! I was unfortunately unable to work out a deal for the real cabinet mentioned above so I'm going forward with this one as planned! (Likely would have anyways, this is exciting, and I want a mint restoration without killing an original Star-Jet cabinet even if worn)

Can't wait, thanks again so much for saving it!

#57 7 years ago

You might want to check with Shay,
to find more potential Star-Jet owners
as his group reproduced the Backglass a few years ago
and he might have a list of people who bought the BG.
I know Randy Peck in Long Beach CA also has a Star Jet,
as he is the one who initiated the SJ BG repro work
which I was able to get on the list to obtain my spare SJ BG.

#58 7 years ago

Rather than cutting that cabinet in the middle to remove 3 inches of height, I would consider taking it off the bottom (likely banged up anyway). A skill saw with rip guide makes that easy. It's not that hard to replace the floor panel. You could rout a shoulder on the bottom to accept it, then add a stop to complete the dado look. Would be easier than gluing 2 halves back together IMO. Leg holes shouldn't be a problem either as you might be able to use the top bolt hole for the bottom, or drill new, add corner blocks if needed. The old holes could be plugged, but will be hidden behind the leg anyway.

1 month later
#60 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Rather than cutting that cabinet in the middle to remove 3 inches of height, I would consider taking it off the bottom (likely banged up anyway). A skill saw with rip guide makes that easy. It's not that hard to replace the floor panel. You could rout a shoulder on the bottom to accept it, then add a stop to complete the dado look. Would be easier than gluing 2 halves back together IMO. Leg holes shouldn't be a problem either as you might be able to use the top bolt hole for the bottom, or drill new, add corner blocks if needed. The old holes could be plugged, but will be hidden behind the leg anyway.

Some related info on this in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-restoration-by-bryan-kelly/page/4#post-3389050.

1 month later
#61 7 years ago

Test fit complete (pop bodies & caps are time-period incorrect yes, came like that), bought new fuse holders to put in tomorrow, removed the old ones a few months ago. Finally things are moving along after all pieces of this game layed dormant for a few months!

New cabinet has some gaps as if they made the later playfield a little longer in the 70's, but considering the complete lack of proper cabinets it will be fine, I'll just have to align it nicely for the shooter rod and make sure it doesn't shift.

Onward! Still searching for a head cabinet. This body cabinet will get sanded and then bondo'd and sanded again soon. Of course all Star-Jet parts will be easily pulled out again before that, nothing was screwed in yet.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Finally things are moving along after all pieces of this game layed dormant for a few months!

Nice to see the hibernation is over! Is the cabinet trimmed down yet or did you end up going a different route?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saving-1963-star-jet-saving-working-very-rare-part-out-destroyed-em/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.