1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's the best?”

• Farmers Sausage 4 votes
      4%
    • Mild Italian Sausage 12 votes
      12%
    • Hot Italian Sausage 21 votes
      20%
    • Bratwurst Sausages 33 votes
      32%
    • Chorizo Sausage 12 votes
      12%
    • Breakfast Sausage 7 votes
      7%
    • Summer Sausage 7 votes
      7%
    • Other 8 votes
      8%

(104 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_2350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0590 (resized).JPG
    racing sausages (resized).jpg
    download-3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0943 (resized).JPG
    e54fcdfc41c3f420caa50e31f8df15d25305bc3e (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I originally posted this in the basement, but since those topics are not on the main page I thought I'd repost it in the off topic lounge.

I used to always like honey garlic, but now I've been all about Johnsonville Bratwurst. They are the best. I can't stand hot Italian. What's your favorite?

#2 1 year ago

Definitely a good Bratwurst!

#3 1 year ago

Not to picky though I picked hot Italian. Just throw them on my smoker and enjoy.

#4 1 year ago

Brats with hot mustard. Yum!

#5 1 year ago

Smoked sweet Italian sausage with Carolina style mustard based bbq sauce is we're it's at.

#6 1 year ago

Never met a sausage I didn't like

#7 1 year ago

e54fcdfc41c3f420caa50e31f8df15d25305bc3e (resized).jpg

#8 1 year ago

Apple brats!

#9 1 year ago

Anything without preservatives, flavour enhancer or any other number of nastly chemicals.

#10 1 year ago

Brats... Smoked on the KAMADO.

#11 1 year ago

They all hold a special place in my heart, and arteries. It just depends on what your pairing it with. I refuse to pick just one because tomorrow I may disagree with myself.

#12 1 year ago

Nothing like some Johnsonville brats boiled in beer and then tossed on the grill!

#13 1 year ago

I like a basic Johnsonville... But if I want something else it's Apple, or chicken wild rice. I really liked the apple brats!

#14 1 year ago

Don't really care as long as I don't have to see how they get made!

#15 1 year ago

I make sausage and peppers for every Jets home game. Hot and sweet.

My friends always ask me to make it for the tailgate.

#16 1 year ago

Georgia Hots

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't really care as long as I don't have to see how they get made!

That's The Sausage rule.

If you love something, never ask how it's made.

#18 1 year ago

I make a killer batch of English Bangers seasoned with white pepper, ginger and cooking mace. No one seems to use mace any more. Earthy flavor, not hot.

IMG_0943 (resized).JPG

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

That's The Sausage rule.
    If you love something, never ask how it's made.

Ya, but without all the grease, all you can taste is the hog ....

download-3 (resized).jpg

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Never met a sausage I didn't like

That's what she said!

#21 1 year ago

What is Farmer's Sausage?

#22 1 year ago

Anyone ever have the Bahama mama's from Schmidts haus in Columbus OH? hands down the best sausage I've had. Ever. Some of their saurkraut on there. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#23 1 year ago

Polish FTW
    racing sausages (resized).jpg

#24 1 year ago

Prasek's Hillje Smokehouse makes some of the best. Forget the commercial national brands....all fat and fillers. It's CRAP.

Find local smokehouses in your area and you will find some better meatier, tastier sausage, brats, and anything else you can think of.

But Jalepeno sausage is my preference...

#25 1 year ago

Cheese and Parsley pinwheel.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Do I take the thread ban and be done with it or just keep giggling to myself?

#27 1 year ago

Chorizo gravy. *drops the mic*

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

From google.

Farmer's sausage is uncooked and made with simple ingredients: ground pork, salt and pepper. However, the sausage is cold smoked, meaning it's smoked but not cooked. “It's a mild pork but the smoke distinguishes it from any cooked sausage,”

#29 1 year ago

Portuguese sausage is the best!

#30 1 year ago

Chorizo, hands down. Spicy, complex flavors ...
    awesome.

IMG_0590 (resized).JPG

#31 1 year ago

However, in the"other" category I go with blood sausage. This is the true winner in awesomeness.

IMG_0591 (resized).JPG

#32 1 year ago

jumbo sausage!

#33 1 year ago

My wife says mine is the best.....hope she's not lying

#34 1 year ago

Choizo all day long but jiez don't cook it whole or sliced. Its meant to be scrambled with eggs, potatoes and cheeze then wrapped in a fresh tortilla.

Ordered a chorizo scramble in SF once from a "hip" place. The chorizo was sliced and cooked on the side. *sigh* guess its too far north of the border.

#35 1 year ago

This thread made me run run my butcher shop. Can't believe nobody else mentioned apple brats!
    Also a vote for Bokwurst here, my butcher makes it in small breakfast links with finally chopped parsley.

IMG_2350 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpg

#36 1 year ago

Sounds like a sausage party is fixing to happen!

#37 1 year ago

Firing up the traeger smoker grill.
    I cook them for 20 minutes at 350F.
    Jalapeño and cheddar tonight for the lady and I.

#38 1 year ago

Anybody else have a hard time with the poll? So many different sausages that are awesome!

I mean I love a beer brat, but that is totally different than a summer sausage occasion...and a breakfast chorizo! Again, it's own thing!

I'm not ashamed to say I love sausage!!!!

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Do I take the thread ban and be done with it or just keep giggling to myself?

I guess I walked in to that one

#40 1 year ago

Almost, no one here on Pinside would no anything about a good Moo & Oink Beef Hot Link. I grilled and ate 3 of those today.
    For the poll, nothing can beat a true Wisconsin brat. Unfortunately, brat is a very broad term. When I was up at the Ann Arbor show a couple weeks ago, they were grilling and serving what they called a brat. I ordered one of these expecting a good ole Wisconsin brat and was handed a red sausage on a bun that tasted nothing like any brat I have had.

#41 1 year ago

Shit. Come to Texas and get some earl Campbell's or any bbq place in Austin.

-Jeff

#42 1 year ago

I can't beileve nobody said ukranian kielbasa yet! My local ukranian butcher makes double garlic kielbasa it is hands down the best! Especially if you time it right and it's still warm out of the smoker!!!

#43 1 year ago

Linguisa nothing better!

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

I can't beileve nobody said ukranian kielbasa yet!

My wife really likes turkey kielbasa, she slices it up with cheese and crackers

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Almost, no one here on Pinside would no anything about a good Moo & Oink Beef Hot Link. I grilled and ate 3 of those today.
    For the poll, nothing can beat a true Wisconsin brat. Unfortunately, brat is a very broad term. When I was up at the Ann Arbor show a couple weeks ago, they were grilling and serving what they called a brat. I ordered one of these expecting a good ole Wisconsin brat and was handed a red sausage on a bun that tasted nothing like any brat I have had.

Moo, Moo, Moo, Moo & Oink, Moo & Oink!

#46 1 year ago

The really sad thing is too many of us in the US don't get real sausage any more. Most of you who have commented on Italian sausage have only had corporate made, greasy fatty gristle filled crap. There's nothing like real Italian sausage made fresh (you can still find it in the ny nj ct area and a few other places). Same for bratwurst--what I can buy in MA sucks compared to what you can find in the Chicago wi area. Same for kielbasa. Most of us are eating crap that only bears a resemblance to good sausage

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Moo, Moo, Moo, Moo & Oink, Moo & Oink!

I was trying to find a video of the old commercial to go with that!

Couldn't find the old one I remember.

#48 1 year ago

I clicked the top one because i thought it read "A farmers sausage"

#49 1 year ago

Probably the best place in Southern California to get sausage is Claros Italian market.

In Michigan where I grew up the good Italian is on nearly every street corner.

But here in California, good Italian is at my house, perhaps yours and Claros. Harder to find.

Claros had great bag of homemade sausage that comes in about three varietys.
    Claros makes the sausage like my grandpa used to. Tastes that way. That's all that matters. The taste. IMO.

#50 1 year ago

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 999.00
    $ 15.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 59.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 208.87
    $ 194.99
    $ 159.99
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 259.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside