• Latest reply 1 year ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

I'm trying to help a friend out with his satin doll pinball machine from Williams.
At startup, the score wheels will go to zero, but it will not put the ball into the shooter Lane.
If I manually play the ball, when the ball drains it does not count the bonus points and of course it does not move to ball 2 and put the ball in play again.
Any advice and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I'm trying to help a friend out with his satin doll pinball machine from Williams.
At startup, the score wheels will go to zero, but it will not put the ball into the shooter Lane.
If I manually play the ball, when the ball drains it does not count the bonus points and of course it does not move to ball 2 and put the ball in play again.
Any advice and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Could be a ton of different things. If he has paperwork it could help.

I'd check all the score reels
outhole relay
bonus unit
ball index relay

and of course the entire score motor (detach it from bottom panel and carefully inspect/clean/adjust all the switch stacks).

I know that's not much help and it's about 4 hours of work but that's how it goes with these EM games.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply. No paperwork.

#5 1 year ago

Could be just that the outhole switch isn't closing when the ball is resting on it.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Could be just that the outhole switch isn't closing when the ball is resting on it.

Pretty sure activating the outhole relay is part of the Williams start sequence, whether or not there's a ball in there.

#7 1 year ago

Most Williams any Bally pins can complete a reset sequence with the playfield removed.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Switch is fine and activating. Thanks

#10 1 year ago

At reset, the bounus stepper must reach the zero position(one step below the 1000 point position). Is your bounus stepping down at reset?

#11 1 year ago

Got the outhole working. Machine now plays about 7;8 balls before game over and I can not add 2nd player.

#12 1 year ago

Those 2 issues are likley related to the coin unit and ball count steppers not advancing or resetting smoothly.

#13 1 year ago

Will check.
Thanks for all of the replies.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Got the outhole working. Machine now plays about 7;8 balls before game over and I can not add 2nd player.

What resolved the outhole issue?

#15 1 year ago

I clean and adjusted some switches on the main motor in the bottom

#16 1 year ago

Be sure to tighten down all the screws which hold the switch stacks together, especially those on the score motor. This will ensure that switch adjustments remain stable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/satin-doll-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.