• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinbot-disp (resized).jpg
f-14-disp (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone. A couple of my PinBot displays are bad and I’ve found a set of displays from an F14 that work and I would like to purchase.

Can anyone confirm that the displays from these two games are interchangeable? I know they are both System 11a but wanted to double check with the experts here.

Thank you!

#2 6 years ago

They are not. Pinbot uses individual displays, F-14 has all display glass mounted on one board.

PinbotPinbotF-14F-14

#3 6 years ago

F-14 displays aren't even interchangeable within the older model and newer model, different mounts. Although you could de-solder the 7 digit display and remount it to the Pinbot board I believe ... but that's a lot of work and skill needed.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroToys:

Although you could de-solder the 7 digit display and remount it to the Pinbot board I believe ... but that's a lot of work and skill needed.

And after all that, the glass you just installed is probably near end of life.

#5 6 years ago

dothedoo RetroToys thanks for the info, guys. Just saved me a huge headache.

#7 6 years ago

Unless you really have your heart set on plasma, I'd just go with LED and call it a day. No regrets doing that multiple times, and it is affordable.

#8 6 years ago

thedefog LED is amazing. My Cyclone has them but I think the Pinbot ones run $300 for the set and I don’t know if I’m ready to drop that kind of dough.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

thedefog LED is amazing. My Cyclone has them but I think the Pinbot ones run $300 for the set and I don’t know if I’m ready to drop that kind of dough.

Damn. When I bought them, they were under $200 total I think. When did they jack them up $100?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Damn. When I bought them, they were under $200 total I think. When did they jack them up $100?

At least a few years, and have been listed right around $279 from what I have seen. I tried looking for XPIN, Rottendog and Pinscore, and most distributor sites list them as out of stock. If it were me, I'd probably jump on buying one if I could find it and then repair or sell the old one to offset the cost later.

#11 6 years ago

There's a pair of working displays from a Road Kings for $100 here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partially-working-williams-system-11-displays-board

Note, you only get one working pair. Since the others are dead, how much longer will these two last? I agree you're better off going with LED.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

sell the old one to offset the cost later.

I think I'm forgetting this part. I did this with all the pins I replaced dying displays on, and recouped at least $50 in the process. Maybe that's why I have $200 in my mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sanity-check-f14-and-pinbot-displays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.