View topic image gallery

article-248_634x721 (resized).jpg
56b262eed8180f4e594aa8b22c566a9928edd3c4.png (resized).jpg
A533A0D7-5AD5-4CD1-BA66-26A9BE97C713 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.50.42 PM (resized).png
EH (resized).png
22EECF15-195C-4846-8311-03FA32167EBF (resized).jpeg
OceansEightPoster (resized).jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

From the 'Daily Mail' headline:

"I want a pinball machine!" Sandra Bullock calls out Warner Bros as she reveals the film company gifted all her MALE co-stars in Demolition Man a themed arcade game - and not her

Link to story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5845263/Sandra-Bullock-calls-Warner-Bros-not-giving-pinball-machine.html

Surely Sandra deserves a Demo Man pin too!!

#2 5 years ago

I suppose if anybody deserves to look at that translite day after day, it's her.

#3 5 years ago

Rob Schneider didn't get one. Or Denis Leary. Or Andy Richter.

#4 5 years ago

Let's all pitch in and get her one. I volunteer to set it up for her.

#5 5 years ago

The Hulk got a free pin...why not Sandy!?!??

Secondary thought...maybe her agent was an asscrack and didn’t ask for one??

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

I'm in if you can get her to come to my house to pick it up!

#7 5 years ago

Maybe see if she and her actor friends should push STERN, JJ, SPOOKY, AP or Homepin for an Oceans 8 pinball ?
Would you buy one?
Yay or Nay?
OceansEightPoster (resized).jpgOceansEightPoster (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

Agreed, hell im happy to buy her one, and setup for her.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

From the 'Daily Mail' headline:
"I want a pinball machine!" Sandra Bullock calls out Warner Bros as she reveals the film company gifted all her MALE co-stars in Demolition Man a themed arcade game - and not her
Link to story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5845263/Sandra-Bullock-calls-Warner-Bros-not-giving-pinball-machine.html
Surely Sandra deserves a Demo Man pin too!!

Appreciate the story is of interest but ......Please do not direct any traffic to that disgusting hate filled gutter rag

http://www.globaljustice.org.uk/blog/2017/oct/31/horrible-history-daily-mail

#10 5 years ago

Millionaire first world problems, and after 25 years. Give me a break!!

John

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Appreciate the story is of interest but ......Please do not direct any traffic to that disgusting hate filled gutter rag
http://www.globaljustice.org.uk/blog/2017/oct/31/horrible-history-daily-mail

Seconded. Though Dacre (editor) is due to be replaced with someone (Greig) much more liberal, later in the year ... so hopefully things may finally change.

#12 5 years ago

I agree that she should get one. But why are you bringing it up now? 25 years later?? Sounds like some other movements ....

I want to know if she ever told Stallone how to use "The Three Shells"

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Maybe see if she and her actor friends should push STERN, JJ, SPOOKY, AP or Homepin for an Oceans 8 pinball ?
Would you buy one?
Yay or Nay?

I went to Ocean’s 8. I knew it was in the genre of the Ocean’s movies, but with a female cast. That was all I knew.

I hate current Sandra Bullock, so as I found out she was the star, I was bummin. I didn’t enjoy any of the movie. And really I spent half of it thinking how unnatural Sandra’s face looks now. I’ve seen more natural CGI than her current face. The rest of the movie I was having stray thoughts of Cate Blanchett’s plastic surgery.

Learn how to age gracefully bitches. Don’t go slicing up your faces to try to look young, because you end up looking gross. Spend that money on a pinball machine instead. There, I killed two birds with that stone.

Nay.

#14 5 years ago

If she explains what the 3 sea shells are she can have mine.

#15 5 years ago

Seriously, does someone on here personally know Roger Sharpe or Gary Stern and let them know of this great opportunity for pinball to get exposure. If Stern could gift a DM pinball and a new pinball (like IMDN) to her with national media coverage this could be great. Broadcast video of Sandra playing DM and a new game and Gary telling the world pinball is back could be great exposure. I'm sure Roger has her agent's phone number at his fingertips and could work something out.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Seriously, does someone on here personally know Roger Sharpe or Gary Stern and let them know of this great opportunity for pinball to get exposure. If Stern could gift a DM pinball and a new pinball (like IMDN) to her with national media coverage this could be great. Broadcast video of Sandra playing DM and a new game and Gary telling the world pinball is back could be great exposure. I'm sure Roger has her agent's phone number at his fingertips and could work something out.

I really like that idea - perfect PR opp

#17 5 years ago

Give her Lou Ferrigno's game.

#19 5 years ago

Otaku should donate his Sky Jump with a Free Fall backglass machine to her from his collection of games. Or is it a Free Fall with a Sky Jump glass? Who cares?

#20 5 years ago

WB did her a favor. Demo Man is a turd.

#21 5 years ago

Give me a break. She could buy Stern ( the company) and she is whining over not getting gifted a machine worth a couple of grand then and now. Why is it the richest people always want shit for free?

#22 5 years ago

I bet she got a nice scented basket of Demolition Man toiletries though....including the three shells.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Otaku should donate his Sky Jump with a Free Fall backglass machine to her from his collection of games. Or is it a Free Fall with a Sky Jump glass? Who cares?

He would rather die! That's for the gaymuseum bro!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Give me a break. She could buy Stern ( the company) and she is whining over not getting gifted a machine worth a couple of grand then and now. Why is it the richest people always want shit for free?

why does everything have to get people so upset. it was some puff piece interview where she was just trying to share a funny story from back in the day.

no need to turn that into class warfare... particularly on a website dedicated to products that are many thousands of dollars. 'a couple grand' is not chump change for a huge % of planet.

#25 5 years ago

I would bet money she said this as a joke.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

why does everything have to get people so upset. it was some puff piece interview where she was just trying to share a funny story from back in the day.
no need to turn that into class warfare.

Not mad at all. I think it's funny too. That is the problem with text, it's hard to discern tone. I was just being sarcastic.

#27 5 years ago

When Demolition Man came out Sandra Bullock was NOT a big star yet, but Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes were. I remember seeing the movie and thinking it was the first time I'd seen her. IMO Demolition Man was a key movie to make Sandra Bullock popular -> not the other way around. That's why they didn't buy her a pinball machine.

Here are ALL the movies she appeared in before Demolition Man:
- Hangmen -- Sandra's acting debut - Rotten Tomatoes (RM) has a 5% liked
- A Fool and His Money - direct-to-video
- Who Shot Patakango - direct-to-video
- Love Potion No. 9 - RM rating: 27%
- The Vanishing - RM rating: 47%
- When the Party's Over - RM rating: 31%
- The Thing Called Love - RM rating 57%

Every single movie she appeared prior to Demo Man has a "Splat" rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Because her three male counterparts got free games and her face is on the translite with Sly and Snipes.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Not mad at all. I think it's funny too. That is the problem with text, it's hard to discern tone. I was just being sarcastic.

Idk, sounds like backtracking.

#30 5 years ago

Maybe the Pinball Expo or other show could invite Sandra to the show for an autograph signing and then present her with a with a Demo Man pinball machine?

#31 5 years ago

Btw, is it just me or is she way more attractive now then she was when she made that movie? She is really ageing well.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Still don't know how they work

Another reason to invite Sandra to a pinball show as the star guest. Do a Q/A and then present her with a Demo Man pin.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Rob Schneider didn't get one

But he wasn’t in the game.

#35 5 years ago

She seems bitchy. Probly why she didn't get one. I could be wrong.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

But he wasn’t in the game.

I know. I'm just pointing out that not ALL of her male co-stars received one, that's all.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Yeah, she's probably joking, but these kinds of jokes always have some truth behind it.

She was third billed in the movie. She's on the machine. And she doesn't get a movie but her lower-billed male co-star Bratt gets one? I'd feel slighted too.

Quoted from DaveH:

Learn how to age gracefully bitches. Don’t go slicing up your faces to try to look young, because you end up looking gross. Spend that money on a pinball machine instead. There, I killed two birds with that stone.
Nay.

The majority of movie stars over the age of 30 have had plenty of work done. I've never heard you complaining about Mel Gibsons' bad hair transplant or Sly Stallone's bad dye job and numerous facelifts? He ain't a movie star but any thoughts on Tom Brady's hair? Trust me it ain't genes that give him that luxurious mop. Come to think of it, isn't it some kind of small miracle that almost EVERY male star in hollywood has a nice head of hair and facial skin stretched tighter than a drum?

So why pick on the chicks?

#39 5 years ago

Moral of story, is that Sandra Bullock is the hottest 53 year old woman on the planet. Jesse James screwed up lol

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

She was third billed in the movie. She's on the machine. And she doesn't get a movie but her lower-billed male co-star Bratt gets one? I'd feel slighted too.

I don't think Brad got a pinball. That's just sloppy reporting by the journalist. If you watch the video, the only thing Sandra said was "all my male co-stars got a game". She did not say who those co-stars were, but the journalist extrapolated "all" to include Brad, who was not that popular at the time of the movie.

After Sylvester and Wesley got their games, Sandra should have been next in line.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I agree that she should get one. But why are you bringing it up now? 25 years later?? Sounds like some other movements ....
I want to know if she ever told Stallone how to use "The Three Shells"

She brought it up because during an interview with her costar she was asked if she ever had an action figure made of her and she replied, no but I am on a pinball machine. It came up pretty naturally in the conversation.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Btw, is it just me or is she way more attractive now then she was when she made that movie? She is really ageing well.

Funny you mention this. I happened to be watching Ellen and she was a guest. She's a big fan of something called a penis facial. It's a real thing, and not what you think. They inject an extract from Korean baby foreskins in the face to generate collagen and elastin.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I don't think Brad got a pinball. That's just sloppy reporting by the journalist. If you watch the video, the only thing Sandra said was "all my male co-stars got a game". She did not say who those co-stars were, but the journalist extrapolated "all" to include Brad, who was not that popular at the time of the movie.
After Sylvester and Wesley got their games, Sandra should have been next in line.

She's on the damn game. She should have gotten a damn game!!! If we all need to endure that hideous translite with all three top-billed stars equally represented, she could at least get what's coming to her!

I'm with Sandra!!! (and I think she still looks great)

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, she's probably joking, but these kinds of jokes always have some truth behind it.

The majority of movie stars over the age of 30 have had plenty of work done. I've never heard you complaining about Mel Gibsons' bad hair transplant or Sly Stallone's bad dye job and numerous facelifts? He ain't a movie star but any thoughts on Tom Brady's hair? Trust me it ain't genes that give him that luxurious mop. Come to think of it, isn't it some kind of small miracle that almost EVERY male star in hollywood has a nice head of hair and facial skin stretched tighter than a drum?
So why pick on the chicks?

I don't see anything wrong with any of them getting work done regardless of their sex. I never really understood why some people bag on anybody trying to make themselves look or feel better. The double standard is clearly alive and well, but if you're in the limelight and can get some work tastefully done, then I say go for it.

#45 5 years ago

Go Sandy!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Funny you mention this. I happened to be watching Ellen and she was a guest. She's a big fan of something called a penis facial. It's a real thing, and not what you think. They inject an extract from Korean baby foreskins in the face to generate collagen and elastin.

I actually did hear of this before. The Koreans are known for their plastic surgery, so maybe they're on to something, but i think I'll pass.

#47 5 years ago

I'm going to blow you guys.... Away! With this simple explanation.

Demo Man came out before Speed.

Wow, that was easy.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

She seems bitchy. Probably why she didn't get one. I could be wrong.

Are you serious? Sandra is supposed to be one of the nicest people in Hollywood.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

She's on the damn game. She should have gotten a damn game!!! If we all need to endure that hideous translite with all three top-billed stars equally represented, she could at least get what's coming to her!
I'm with Sandra!!! (and I think she still looks great)

But she wasn't a "top-billed star" at the time of the movie - she was up and coming, and Demo Man was the first good/bigger movie she was in.
She does still look great though.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you serious? Sandra is supposed to be one of the nicest people in Hollywood.

She's a woman dude.

Where there's smoke, there's fire!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 81.95
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sandra-bullock-calls-out-warner-bros-for-not-giving-her-a-demo-man-pin?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.