5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tony01
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    00R0R_3F4RuVxgTio_600x450.jpg
    00k0k_6EnRuCZ381R_600x450.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I know this is mainly for pin prices but I need some help. I have been looking to get a pair of nice sit-down drivers for my arcade. I have found a couple Rush the Rocks. I am looking at the ones that have an LCD replacement screen already in them. What do you think the value on one of these are with the screen conversion? They seem overpriced to me.

00k0k_6EnRuCZ381R_600x450.jpg 00R0R_3F4RuVxgTio_600x450.jpg
    #2 5 years ago

I would say 400-600 a piece

#3 5 years ago

I can get a stock RTR for $300-$400. The med res monitors are a pain, so the lcd is nice for this title. I would top out around $600

#4 5 years ago

I'd say higher with those new screens in them. I know when I replaced my monitors a few years back I paid $500 just for the monitors alone. Of course I think there the best driving games out there and to me there priceless.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#5 5 years ago

Another thing to check is that everything is working and calibrated correctly on the games as it can get expensive fast if things like the force feedback is not working....

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'd say higher with those new screens in them. I know when I replaced my monitors a few years back I paid $500 just for the monitors alone. Of course I think there the best driving games out there and to me there priceless.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Would have to depend on if they use a real lcd arcade monitor. I've seen people use computer monitors. If they are real arcade lcd monitors, those suckers are expensive

#7 5 years ago

I have a pair and they are great, but as mentioned check when the machines are first powered up and make sure they pass start up test and you don't have to hit abort button to proceed. I learned the expensive way after purchasing a pair for $750.00 a couple of years ago from our local TILT arcade. Same goes with Hydro Thunders, which compliment the pair nicely.

#8 5 years ago

Can't tell from the pictures but some Rush machines are one piece units. Others spilt between monitors and the seats. The one piece units are not as desirable. Of course you can cut them apart yourself.

#9 5 years ago

I bought mine a couple of years ago for $600 . The unit had a fresh coat of paint on al the metal parts , new T molding and new decals on each side of the seat base. Very clean and nice looking with no errors.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Appstatebeaver:

I know this is mainly for pin prices but I need some help. I have been looking to get a pair of nice sit-down drivers for my arcade. I have found a couple Rush the Rocks. I am looking at the ones that have an LCD replacement screen already in them. What do you think the value on one of these are with the screen conversion? They seem overpriced to me.

00k0k_6EnRuCZ381R_600x450.jpg 30 KB

00R0R_3F4RuVxgTio_600x450.jpg 32 KB

Having recently gone through this LCD conversion with my Rush Cabinets, I must say they are an absolute blast and certainly a crowd favorite at parties. What was the asking price?? Few things on the cabs in the pics:

1. Are they an arcade LCD monitor 4:3 ratio or a flat screen tv LCD/LED with converter card (I did this to mine)?---I went the route of the LCD tv w/ converter card and personally I think they turned out awesome with the proper tweaking. If those are arcade LCD monitors (like VisonPro) those are expensive and might be worth asking price.

2. As others have mentioned make sure force feedback works and that both force feedback boards are present. Fix is available but chip needed (usually 2) are about $20 a piece

3. The shifter springs break easy, again replacements available from HAPP but around $3 a piece.

4. The unit on the right is one piece, can't tell about the left unit. Heavy and awkward. I cut mine in two pieces to get it to fit in basement. Really wasn't too bad ****IF YOU HAVE METAL PIECES ON BOTTOM OF CAB***** makes putting two pieces back together easier

If you have any questions let me know.

image.jpg
    #11 5 years ago

I would consider another racing title all together. The rush games don't have many tracks to choose from. The Crusin usa, world, or exotica have at least 10-12 tracks each. Most of the games go for 500 bucks or less depending on condition and location. I recently purchased a set of Fast and Furious tokyo drift arcade machines but payed almost 3k for the pair. That series is way newer with better graphics and gameplay. Good luck to you!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manbearpig:

I would consider another racing title all together. The rush games don't have many tracks to choose from. The Crusin usa, world, or exotica have at least 10-12 tracks each. Most of the games go for 500 bucks or less depending on condition and location. I recently purchased a set of Fast and Furious tokyo drift arcade machines but payed almost 3k for the pair. That series is way newer with better graphics and gameplay. Good luck to you!

Rush has 8 tracks with the ability to mirror all tracks so with that it is like 16

#13 5 years ago

Thank you all for the feedback. These have always been my favorite. Good think there are going in my garage. Shouldn't be a deal breaker if one is 1 piece.

#14 5 years ago

Go for the rush 2049 se. Ive got 7 and they are the hit of the parties

#15 5 years ago

Just picked up a Rush 2049 last weekend, myself. (Woohoo!!) Got a single unit for $350, everything works, just needs some contact cleaner on a few bits and a general scrub down. I think I got a great deal.

As for the regular SF Rush's, they're getting pretty cheap. I passed on a pair of Rush the Rocks(sequel to SF Rush, but same cabs and everything) for $800 not too long ago and last I knew, they were still for sale. I live in a town that is very cutthroat for good arcade game/pinball deals. If there's a bargain to be had on CL, it's gone in a few minutes. Both of those Rush the Rock's were all original units in fantastic shape, too. The main reason I didn't buy them is because they're not upgradeable to the 2049 game series. From what I understand, the green Rush's can do SF Rush and Rush the Rock(Alcatraz edition) and the Rush 2049's can do 2049, 2049 Tournament Edition, 2049 Special Edition.

I really wish someone could come up with an emulator or new main CPU that can switch between and play all of the games in the series. They all use the same hardware for the most part, seems like it should be doable.

#16 5 years ago

So if you find a rush extreme, you can upgrade to Alcatraz? Where can you get the upgrade and how much generally is the cost?

#17 5 years ago

All this talk has me stoked to pick up my dual Hydro Thunders...LCD'ed...this weekend.

#18 5 years ago

I've moved a lot of these type drivers and as far as I have seen the original rush cabinets are all one piece. The dedicated Rush the rock cabinets and newer are two piece. Many of these have been converted and stuff but are still one piece cabinets. As far as price, 600-1000 is going price for two units. If you want flat screens add the price of the monitors on top of that. Good arcade flat screens are not cheap but you could cut corners and put some type of cheaper home lcd. These games are really good reliable games as far as domestic companies go. The singles are easy to use to move and link together easily, unlike most of the Japanese twins and such. I've got 4 drivers linked together for parties and such and they are always played non stop. Todd Scott

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ozzie:

So if you find a rush extreme, you can upgrade to Alcatraz? Where can you get the upgrade and how much generally is the cost?

Yes you can upgrade

ebay.com link » Rush The Rock Compact Flash Upgrade Kit Free Shipping Warranty

#20 5 years ago

I know this is a parallel topic, but is it easy to lcd the hydro thunders? I plan on picking up a pair when I get the new game room. I don't mind forking out for the arcade lcds but I have no idea what to get...

#21 5 years ago

I'll ask tomorrow when I pick mine up.

1 week later
    #22 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I know this is a parallel topic, but is it easy to lcd the hydro thunders? I plan on picking up a pair when I get the new game room. I don't mind forking out for the arcade lcds but I have no idea what to get...

Back on this, sorry it has taken me so long.

From what I can tell, it's simply a matter of removing the CRT and then putting in a bracket in to hold the LCD monitor and getting a board that converts the signal to something the LCD can read (I think the board runs about $60?). Then getting an LCD. They can range from "arcade" LCDs to Wal-Mart Element TVs. I say that because that's exactly the mix of screens I have on my pair! The arcade one looks slightly better, but it should as they run like $500, whereas the LCD was probably $120. Love these games dearly! Makes me wish I had room for more linked racers...a pair of OutRun 2s is a dream of mine.

1 week later
    #23 5 years ago

So I picked up on of the San rush machine. It seems impossibly hard to get better than 4th. I have the unit set to easy. Is there something I habent done or has anyone else experienced this? I have owned it in the past and other ones were not this hard.

#24 5 years ago

Are you sure the pedal and shifter is calibrated properly ? I always use the "advanced" car on standard shift, never automatic. The game is all about time and short cuts so use them to your advantage and practice practice practice. Many times there are short cuts within the short cuts.
    You can go on Utube and watch video's of others playing but I dont recommend it as it takes away from the fun and learning part of it.
    Good luck,

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 month later
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tony01:

I just bought a Rush Extreme a couple of weeks. Right now my best time is 2:31.34 on the beginners track with the fastest car. Also, on the intermediate track my fastest time with the 2nd slowest car is 5:25.35. I cant get better times with the faster cars yet, due to I'm a rookie.
    Great game, I'm glad I got it. I'm thinking of getting a second one but the one I have is the one piece and was a mother f'er to move. I just ordered the upgrade Rock edition CF and a total monitor cap kit with flyback. My CRT monitor isn't the best but playable, I never did a monitor cap replacement, but it appears to be doable from the videos I saw, just appears to be very time consuming. If anyone has tips for me, let me know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 33.50
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.00
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    $ 64.99
    $ 11.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside