Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0930_copy.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Last night was the first meeting of a new pinball league based in San Francisco. It was also my first ever competitive pinball event. I had a great time, met new people, played some pins. I didn't completely suck! Can't ask for more than that.

www.sfpins.org

IMG_0930_copy.jpgIMG_0930_copy.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Looks like a pretty good selection!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Looks like a pretty good selection!

Agreed. A very nice line up of games. And lots of people.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from heddhunter:

It was also my first ever competitive pinball event. I had a great time, met new people, played some pins. I didn't completely suck!

Nice work. Good luck the rest of the way. I went to FGW for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Awesome location.

Is that Darren in that pic? Dude is like a camera magnet. If there's a pin and a camera in the same room, chances are Darren will show up. d

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Is that Darren in that pic?

That's definitely Darren. I'd heard they were going to start this up, but I wasn't aware it was actually up and running. Awesome! Hopefully I can make to a league night.

#6 11 years ago

Congrats! The Bay Area (if we count Capitol Corridor) is up to FOUR leagues now (SFPD, EBP, CCPL and BAPA)! We're definitely growing out here.

#7 11 years ago

Wow, good turn out. I have yet to visit free gold watch. Hopefully when my son gets a little older and I have a little more free time I can join one of these leagues.

#8 11 years ago

Cool! where was this held?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from papazit1963:

Cool! where was this held?

Free Gold Watch
    1767 Waller St (in the Haight)

#10 11 years ago

Think when my life settles down I will join this. Unless someone can poin to a north.bay option? Happy to hear this exists.

#11 11 years ago

Here's some more pics from Wednesday.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4GWZuqDGTRu5G

3 weeks later
    #12 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Think when my life settles down I will join this. Unless someone can poin to a north.bay option? Happy to hear this exists.

We used to do bi-weekly meet-ups in Marin for casual play. It wasn't a league, or for wppr's but there wasn't a place with 4 or more games in good working order so it fizzled out. I'd be happy to organize something again if there is a public place to play.

6 months later
    #13 10 years ago

Who's going tonight? I'll be shooting photos and playing but also doing some video stuff tonight - should be a blast!

#14 10 years ago

Dang, didn't have this when I lived in SF. Now I live East Bay...

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Who's going tonight? I'll be shooting photos and playing but also doing some video stuff tonight - should be a blast!

I will be there tonight! Looking forward to it.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

dude there are leagues out there too but you should drop in this league too - you can join any time during the season: http://www.sfpins.org/1.html

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I will be there tonight! Looking forward to it.

see you there tonight - say hello if you see me (I'll have a camera and beer in hand

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

see you there tonight - say hello if you see me (I'll have a camera and beer in hand

I will! So bring your own brown bags are acceptable?

#18 10 years ago

Why are my ears ringing?....

Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

OH! That's why. The second oldest of the big 4 Bay Area leagues is in the East Bay my friend!

EBP. Phoenix Games in Concord CA. Every Thursday night (7:30PM).

Not trying to disrespect SFPD advertising EBP in their thread. Just sayin'...hello!

I'd love to hit SFPD, but as one of you guys said to me at CAX, "Funny how one bridge separates the entire Bay Area".

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I will! So bring your own brown bags are acceptable?

encouraged! Most of the machines have drink holders on them and the Whole Foods around the corner has a really good bomber collection. Some folks bring home brew too!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

OH! That's why. The second oldest of the big 4 Bay Area leagues is in the East Bay my friend!

EBP. Phoenix Games in Concord CA. Every Thursday night (7:30PM).

Not trying to disrespect SFPD advertising EBP in their thread. Just sayin'...hello!

I'd love to hit SFPD, but as one of you guys said to me at CAX, "Funny how one bridge separates the entire Bay Area".

I agree, Eastbay has some great Pin Leagues. Issue is, I always drink when I play so the 1 hour drive to Concord is a bit hard to do after work. If it was near BART I would totally participate. When I lived in SF, I could have walked to SFPD compared to 2 hour round-trip every Thursday. As well now, SFPD is a ways away from BART. So both are not very convenient. I will however visit my friends mini-league of about 20 pins whenever I can. But, still 2 hour round trip makes my trips limited.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

encouraged! Most of the machines have drink holders on them and the Whole Foods around the corner has a really good bomber collection. Some folks bring home brew too!

Damn - I gotta figure out how to make these league nights!

#22 10 years ago

Picked up this baby a couple weeks ago while playing some awesome pins at Free Gold Watch. Even got my initials up on the Dirty Harry....and the gun was busted!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago

Last night I think was a new attendance record. 69 players! The wait for WOZ by the time my group got around to it was 4 teams deep. Phew!

Every time I show up at FGW they have new pins. Last night I noticed there was a Rocky & Bullwinkle added (not used in the league though).

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from heddhunter:

Last night I think was a new attendance record. 69 players! The wait for WOZ by the time my group got around to it was 4 teams deep. Phew!
    Every time I show up at FGW they have new pins. Last night I noticed there was a Rocky & Bullwinkle added (not used in the league though).

Yeah last night was crazy! I was in the Group of Death with Josh, Andrei and Garrett, but eked out seven points Pix are up from last night and I did some video stuff too that I'll publish when it's edited. http://store.orangephotography.com/sfpins (Split flipper Tommy Dollars explains the first image

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/san-francisco-pinball-department-sfpd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.