Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SanFrancisco (resized).png
P1248646 (resized).JPG
20180124_215418 (resized).jpg
20180124_215336 (resized).jpg
20180124_215309 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Newpinner:

I recently got my hands on a williams 1964 San Francisco pin and I'm looking to restore it. If anyone has any suggestions of where to start I would appreciate every little bit of input. This is going to be my first pinball restoration. I do need to get it up and running yet.

I just finished restoring a heavily worn, non-functional SF. Let's see some pictures of your starting point. I would say get it working properly first so you know you've got a functional machine before you start doing cosmetic stuff.

#5 6 years ago

SF didn't originally have an on/off switch. Has yours been retrofitted with one? Either way, I'm pretty sure the wiring on your power cord is incorrect as well as partially disconnected. Your cord has definitely been replaced. This is a good thing - the original cord probably gave up the ghost years ago. Check your connections. I believe hot should be connected to the transformer on the bottom lug towards the rear of the cabinet. The neutral should be connected to the brown wire that appears to be the one hanging loose in mid-air in your photo. The neutral wires should be connected to a lug screwed to the cabinet bottom. You could/should attach the unused green ground wire to a lug on the transformer so that you could someday extend grounding to other currently unprotected parts of the machine (i.e. legs, flipper buttons, coin door, etc).

Your connections look backwards. Check it carefully. Black is usually hot. White is usually neutral. Have an electrician help you with the power if you are at all unclear. Always unplug the machine when working on it. Here is what mine looks like.P1248646 (resized).JPGP1248646 (resized).JPG

Quoted from dr_nybble:

Order a schematic if you don't have one and start reading http://www.pinrepair.com/em

Agreed!

San Francisco is a fun and unique game well worth the effort to get running again. Good luck. Let me know if you want more help.

11 months later
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Very interesting! Pinside has no record of this pin!!???

It does. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/san-francisco

It is a fun, unusual 2 player. I just sold a deeply restored example (which won a best restoration award at "Pin-a-Lodi" last year). Maybe you played it there?

Quoted from Newpinner:

Ok I know it's been quite a while but I'm getting back to my pin and I'm running into a bit of trouble. I finally got it powered up and most of it is working. The ball counter is not and the hundreds number wheel for player one is not working. Other than that things seem to be good. If anyone has any suggestions on where to start with this I would greatly appreciate the help

Have you cleaned and lubed your score reels and sticky stepper units? If it hasn't been done in awhile you've probably got old gummed up grease and dust causing things to bind, especially if it isn't been getting played regularly. (Gotta keep those old timers active or their joints seize up - just like people!) Of course, check all the switches associated with the buggers giving you trouble. Clean, polish and adjust the switches when you are degumming stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/san-francisco-1?tu=pinheadpierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.