6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by J85M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Is anyone here on Pinside attending this years San Diego Comic-Con? Would like to kindly as if anyone would be willing to pick up a couple of items for me and ship to NJ or direct to me in the UK?

Thanks in advance
    Jon

#3 6 years ago

Sorry man, I wasn't able to get tickets this year.

Having been there in the past, if whatever you're asking for is a special release it will be a tall order anyway.. most of the toys have lines you have to wait hours for (Legos) or totally lottery based.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Having been there in the past, if whatever you're asking for is a special release it will be a tall order anyway.. most of the toys have lines you have to wait hours for (Legos) or totally lottery based.

Too bad, I remember being able to walk up and get tickets. Once Hollywood took over, everything just became an adventure in waiting in line. I'm glad some people get to go and still enjoy themselves, it just became something I don't think I could enjoy anymore.

I remember sitting at a table right next to Dave Thomas, SCTV not Wendy's, talking to him. I stood next to Leo DiCaprio as he was thumbing through some books. He said the Human Torch was something he was into. Neal Adams, my all time favorite Batman artist had a booth, you could just walk up and talk without a line.

Sideshow Collectibles always had the coolest stuff you could only get there. You could walk out with enough stuff and sell it on Ebay to pay for your entire trip and sojourners for yourself.

The Good Ole Days...

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah its one of those exclusive items I am after this year for my son, as usual the scalpers have them on eBay for twice the price luckily I have been able to get people to pick stuff up in previous years and avoid eBay.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/san-diego-comic-con-2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.