Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by btw75
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Time to drive to Austin! I really haven't seen much of anything going on in San Antonio. We're down there once in a while but haven't ever been able to find any machines. There are a few sales on craigslist in the area, though, so someone's around there.

Really, though - do it. It's about an hour drive-ish from downtown San Antonio to downtown Austin. If you're in a hurry Pinballz Kingdom in Buda is closer. Buffalo Billiards and Pinballz in North Central Austin are the places to hit up.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

I thought I read somewhere that the speed limit from San Antonio to Austin is 80 mph or something like that...

The limit's *only* 75. Take that as you will.

I'm from NY, and state roads top out at 55? there.

#12 8 years ago

Pinballz does have issues with some of the machines. Most get fixed sooner or later if they get any play and people report the issues. Where else are you going to go that has 60 or more machines in good playing condition or better? Be sure to tell the floor staff about the issues and make sure they actually record it.

Don't play the iron man they just got in right now though. Broken switches on both ramps, monger stuck below the play field, rollovers not working, whiplash targets not working, drone standups not working. Bad news bears.

And yeah! Welcome to Texas!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

That IM will never play right. I know the guy that bought that game here in Round Rock. It was a complete mess. Nothing worked for more than a couple of games before something else broke. It was a flood victim that was put back together but a lot of corners were cut in putting it back together that prevent it from being a stable pin. My friend sold it to someone in Dallas and that person sold it to Darin at Pinballz (not sure whom that person is though). I was thinking of buying it and restoring the mechanical parts and putting it in a charity location since it already has a rough cab and PF (Dell Children's Hospital for instance) but I just didn't have the scratch needed to pick it up when my friend was looking to move it along

Good to know. I'd seen that machine listed somewhere six months ago, craigslist maybe. Darren is the owner of Pinballz. The playfield is definitely warped and results in a lot of airballs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/san-antonio-tx-pinball?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.