(Topic ID: 300465)

Samsung Gear VR: Stern Pinball Arcade?

By jonnyqtrek

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 2 years ago

Good evening! I'm trying to install Stern Pinball Arcade on a Samsung Gear VR, running off of a Galaxy S9, paired to a gamepad.

When I run, I find myself in a game room, and I can look around, but I can't seem to figure out how to start any of the games...

I saw some screenshots that showed a floating menu. Is that menu supposed to be there when I first run the game? Pressing buttons on the gamepad and the touchpad both fail to bring up any menu...

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good evening! I'm trying to install Stern Pinball Arcade on a Samsung Gear VR, running off of a Galaxy S9, paired to a gamepad.
When I run, I find myself in a game room, and I can look around, but I can't seem to figure out how to start any of the games...
I saw some screenshots that showed a floating menu. Is that menu supposed to be there when I first run the game? Pressing buttons on the gamepad and the touchpad both fail to bring up any menu...

I had the same problem and fooled around with it for hours. I don't have facebook and they bought Gear VR and you need an account. I assume that was the issue. Such BS to require a FB account.

#3 2 years ago

I think Samsung stopped supporting the VR on their phones.

I am no facebook fan but joined with the bare minimum info just to set up an account.

I use facebook just to search and look up things here and there.

The Oculus Quest first gen is great and I hear the Oculus Quest 2 is even better. Way better then the Samsung and Ps4 vr. They say the Ps5 Vr is coming and a big improvement over the ps4 version.

Like everything, things usually get better with time, on the VR stuff that is.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/samsung-gear-vr-stern-pinball-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.