(Topic ID: 199762)

Samsung ARC Setup with Receiver - Fixed!

By eggbert52

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggbert52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Here is what I am running and unfortunately I took the guy at Best Buy's help but doesn't seem to be working:

TV: Samsung 78' JS9500
Yamaha RX-A1050
Samsung 3D/4K Blu Ray in AV1
DTV in AV2
PS4in AV3
Nintendo Switch in AV4

The Best Buy rep told me to take the HDMI and put it into Arc which is slot 4 on the control hub (silver box) and then connect it to Arc Out on the Yamaha receiver. Then, he sad to connect each component to the HDMI ins which are the AV1-4, etc.

However, I get no signal. I've only tried DTV for now but pretty certain the setup is wrong. I moved to a new house recently and forgot to take pictures of my old setup. UGH. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Egg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

I would post your question on the AVS forum.

I did thanks but no luck so far. Figured maybe someone on here might know. Thanks though.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks. I've given up on ARC for now and am just connecting my HDMI out on the receiver to HDMI port 1 on the universal hub for the TV. It still doesn't work properly.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Are you sure you have the inputs set right on both the receiver and the tv?

98% sure but there is always the possibility of error. I'll double check the settings though and post again. Just really odd.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Check at least two inputs, like dtv and switch. What is symptom? No sound, no picture?

Yep, just nothing. I'll look again in a few minutes. I took time and worked on this off and on all day so I methodically put it all back together. I really thought it was all set but when I turned the switch on, nothing.

#12 6 years ago

Got it figured out using ARC even though it can be a pain in the butt. So here is what was wrong. First of all, I had my blu ray player in HDMI 2 and not 1. So everything moved down a notch. Then, I realized when testing my blu ray player since the DTV was not working that it was not plugged into the correct HDMI port on the back of the unit. So, fixed that and moved it to HDMI/AV 1 where it should have been, then DTV on HDMI/AV 2, etc. Then hooked the Audio Quest Carbon HDMI cord back into the ARC/HDMI 4 on the universal box and ARC OUT on the Yamaha and WA LA...everything working perfectly.

Thanks RD for your help.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Sweet, fixed that bitch! We don't need AVS forum, they turn everything into a 43 page thread with 1,439 posts
That's a nice setup, I presume the tv looks awesome.

LOL, totally agree with you on the 43 pages. Yea, love the freaking TV, thanks for the compliment on the setup. I'm running B&W CM10 S2's in the front, B&W center, and B&W M1's on the back surround.

#16 6 years ago

Nice bro, I had a Panasonic P65VT50 and it was always awesome. I just got into 4K early, otherwise would have kept that set. Nice setup as well, love Klipsch speakers, they always sound perfect.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You got the ARC working; it is not usually set up on every port so be aware of that if you change around the wiring.

Thanks again. At least I know the 4K Blu Ray Player, PS4 Pro, and DTV are working. I just need to make sure the Switch works. It sure is much easier to use the ARC when it does work though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggbert52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/samsung-4k-tv-and-yamaha-setup-issue?tu=eggbert52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.