New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 166924)

Documentation of all differences in a sample Twilight Zone

By lyonsden

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 66 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled 2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 9.02.39 AM (resized).png
56848346411__89D11585-CEA3-4D98-9442-CFD24BA7B19E copy (resized).jpg
Untitled 3 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_6009 (resized).JPG
IMG_6161 (resized).JPG
IMAG0095 (resized).jpg
IMAG0092 (resized).jpg
IMG_6092 (resized).JPG
IMG_6091 (resized).JPG
IMG_6089 (resized).JPG
IMG_6090 (resized).JPG
IMG_20141109_113849 (resized).jpg
IMG_20141109_161351 (resized).jpg
IMG_6085 (resized).JPG

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Working on the TZ today...

image (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#102 3 years ago

Question about the plastic over the left spiral: what the heck did this look like? I've seen the one that's transparent with the yellow header, and another one that's black & white with the spiral graphic. Are either of these the 'real' one?

Mine is long missing so I'd love to recreate it somehow.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Question about the plastic over the left spiral: what the heck did this look like? I've seen the one that's transparent with the yellow header, and another one that's black & white with the spiral graphic. Are either of these the 'real' one?
Mine is long missing so I'd love to recreate it somehow.

It's the clear with yellow top. The actual plastic, however, had text on it that read something akin of 'Spiral Award When Lit'. After the sign was removed from the game, they kept the plastic in the plastic set, but removed the text. The one with the spiral design is some 'mod'.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's the clear with yellow top. The actual plastic, however, had text on it that read something akin of 'Spiral Award When Lit'. After the sign was removed from the game, they kept the plastic in the plastic set, but removed the text. The one with the spiral design is some 'mod'.

Got it - I see it in the plastics set. One day when I get my PF restored maybe I'll spring for that... seems to be the missing piece my TZ doesn't have..

2 years later
#105 1 year ago

I just noticed another difference between my sample game and production versions of Twilight Zone. The playfield support brackets were changed so they are rectangular versus having a cutback slope at the back. This was something that bothered me about my game as the support bracket wouldn't support the playfield if the playfield was pulled all the way out. Fortunately, the production ones are available (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10523) and I highly recommend replacing them.

56848346411__89D11585-CEA3-4D98-9442-CFD24BA7B19E copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-06 at 9.02.39 AM (resized).png

Untitled 3 (resized).jpgUntitled 2 (resized).jpg
#106 1 year ago

Mine have these too - I just removed them and replaced them with some Mantis ones a couple weeks ago. I just assumed they all had them like this. Highly recommended mod!

We should have taken a closer look while you were over here!

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just noticed another difference between my sample game and production versions of Twilight Zone. The playfield support brackets were changed so they are rectangular versus having a cutback slope at the back. This was something that bothered me about my game as the support bracket wouldn't support the playfield if the playfield was pulled all the way out.

That's interesting. The manual shows them reversed, with the slope in front. I don't have a TZ yet- do they fit when turned around?

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from MMP:

That's interesting. The manual shows them reversed, with the slope in front. I don't have a TZ yet- do they fit when turned around?

Not sure -- I replaced them with the updated part. I'm guess they would, but you'd still have the problem of not being able to prop up the playfield unless it was completely pulled out. In any case, the updated ones are relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and work as intended.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from MMP:

The manual is incorrect - they should be with the slope in the back.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This is how they should be mounted. Slope facing forward.

The ones in my game were never changed. Slope facing backward.

Quoted from lyonsden:

This was something that bothered me about my game as the support bracket wouldn't support the playfield if the playfield was pulled all the way out.

I always have to be careful of that.

LTG : )

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The ones in my game were never changed. Slope facing backward.

I mistyped. Post fixed. Your game is fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Port, FL
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Tempe, AZ
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 25.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 234.99
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
8,100 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Southport, NC
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 75.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside