IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1584 (resized).JPG
IMG_1574 (resized).JPG
IMG_1571 (resized).JPG
IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
IMG_1566 (resized).JPG
IMG_1567 (resized).JPG
IMG_1561 (resized).JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think it would also have to depend on the buyer - some buyers (like myself) would willingly pay more for a sample or proto.
I'm positive there are collectors/players out there that wouldn't give a hootenanny wither the game they get is general production one or not..
However, I am impressed about how the price has increased on their own..

Yea im glad i got mine 3 years ago before prices took off like they have ....

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very true but overall condition plays a huge role in these older A title's.

Condition is always important...but understand that this is likely the only sample TZ for sale in the entire world right now.

A sample TZ is about as rare as a Big Bang Bar. More rare than a Cactus Canyon.

it is also a much better game and a much more loaded game than either. What do they sell for?

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think it would also have to depend on the buyer - some buyers (like myself) would willingly pay more for a sample or proto.
I'm positive there are collectors/players out there that wouldn't give a hootenanny wither the game they get is general production one or not..

I agree with this! As a collector, I'd throw in extra for a prototype as long as it played as well as the original release, fade included...

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Condition is always important...but understand that this is likely the only sample TZ for sale in the entire world right now.
A sample TZ is about as rare as a Big Bang Bar. More rare than a Cactus Canyon.
it is also a much better game and a much more loaded game than either. What do they sell for?

Way different case as most people wont care which they own between a production one or early one. Its neat to have a early one but not alot of difference in gameplay especially bc u can buy many of the early production mods if u really want them.

#55 6 years ago

Question: Which had the red door lamp board? Sample or Proto....So confusing

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Question: Which had the red door lamp board? Sample or Proto....So confusing

In summary, *Prototypes* had red boards.
At least, boards that were custom to the game. (In case a light board was re-used from another game, then that board would be green, since it was, well, re-used.)

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In summary, *Prototypes* had red boards.
At least, boards that were custom to the game. (In case a light board was re-used from another game, then that board would be green, since it was, well, re-used.)

Thanks Coyote, very informative as always

Another question: Aren't sample TZ's supposed to have the switches on the mini Playfield exposed? Thanks

#58 6 years ago

Good question. Honestly, I'm not sure!

This is why - as long as I can remember, my game has had the little rubber booties. But, that could just as easily be because I got extras and put them on at some point, and just don't remember because it was an unremarkable action. So, I would have to defer to what others have said- if they didn't come with them, then I can't say otherwise.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Good question. Honestly, I'm not sure!
This is why - as long as I can remember, my game has had the little rubber booties. But, that could just as easily be because I got extras and put them on at some point, and just don't remember because it was an unremarkable action. So, I would have to defer to what others have said- if they didn't come with them, then I can't say otherwise.

I appreciate your help and input Coyote. Still cold in Harpers Ferry?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I appreciate your help and input Coyote. Still cold in Harpers Ferry?

Yup! Warmed up nicely! Can't wait for York.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Definitely - I think these games that have differences such as the sample TZ are more suited to the pinball historian, so to speak. Is there another game with such big differences ?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Definitely - I think these games that have differences such as the sample TZ are more suited to the pinball historian, so to speak. Is there another game with such big differences ?

Junkyard, Indiana Jones, uhm.. Maybe CV, at least in the Proto stage. They're out there.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is there another game with such big differences ?

Sega Viper. Production games were way different than the prototype.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sample-tz-price-check/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.