Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_4916.JPG
IMG_4917.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Ok so I really like funhouse and a friend from here on pinside knows of one .it is a sample with dp playfield seems everything is working but needs shopped has small wear spot at kickout dime sized like most and the cabinet is not bad but the head paint is not the best. So whats a good price range for something like this ?

#2 9 years ago

$2,000 to $2,500

#3 9 years ago

I just bought (and rebuilt) a completely torn apart one. Paid $2000 for the machine as it was, and about $1200 in parts when all was said and done. That included new ramps, new Rudy parts, new posts, pop bumper parts, transistors, connectors, display glass panel, plastics, LEDs, and a ton of other stuff I know I am forgetting. Its a keeper for me, but if I were to sell it, I wouldn't take anything less than $5500. Yes thats a tad high, but I don't plan on selling mine any time soon.

For a sample thats already working, I would venture around $3500-4000 on the low end. I would imagine these would be more popular than the standard ones due to the Diamondplate playfield and their very limited production run.

IMG_4916.JPGIMG_4916.JPG
IMG_5066.JPGIMG_5066.JPG
IMG_4917.JPGIMG_4917.JPG
IMG_5063.JPGIMG_5063.JPG

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

$2,000 to $2,500

Maybe on a gutted Diamond Plate machine... A real sample in working condition would run in the $4k range. A fine Diamond Plate example around $6k.

#5 9 years ago

Ok wow prices all over lol well hopefully Its all its said to be bc im going to take the long hike to go check it out

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

I just bought (and rebuilt) a completely torn apart one. Paid $2000 for the machine as it was, and about $1200 in parts when all was said and done. That included new ramps, new Rudy parts, new posts, pop bumper parts, transistors, connectors, display glass panel, plastics, LEDs, and a ton of other stuff I know I am forgetting. Its a keeper for me, but if I were to sell it, I wouldn't take anything less than $5500. Yes thats a tad high, but I don't plan on selling mine any time soon.
For a sample thats already working, I would venture around $3500-4000 on the low end. I would imagine these would be more popular than the standard ones due to the Diamondplate playfield and their very limited production run.

IMG_4917.JPG 138 KB

IMG_4916.JPG 153 KB

IMG_5063.JPG 133 Kb

IMG_5066.JPG 183 KB
</blockquote
Wow nice machine I hope this one is as nice I see you have kickout wear also the one im looking at has a spot around half the size of yours but your body is nicer the head from the pics they sent me are not the best but looks like the head is checking some but the cab is pretty nice and has the stupit hole in the front .

#7 9 years ago

some of those prices are stupid high. and i'm no price police. and unless "sample" means something close to or at CQ then 5k+ is much too high.

if the game is working properly and in decent shape, you know, not like super shiny, then shoot for the 3k to 4k range

#8 9 years ago

Yea definitely not cq which I dont want anyhow but I like the dp playfield .and it does work but needs shopped guess we shall see what happens .

#9 9 years ago

The prices might be high... but they only made 100 of them (some say 200). Took me 2.5 years of DAILY looking across the entire USA to find a decent Diamond Plate Funhouse. Most people that have them, aren't selling.

BTW, if you do get it... and you want to upgrade the ROM, you can only upgrade it so far version-wise. The sound board setup is different than the production models. No biggie, the ROM version the samples use is just fine. Just make sure you check into it if you plan to upgrade the ROM.

#10 9 years ago

Is there any huge differences in the sample rom to the latest? Would be kinda cool to have the sample tho ,being that there probably aren't many left. I forgot they used some weird configuration of boards in the samples .is there any downside to haveing the boards they used in these?

#11 9 years ago

Darin...if you can pull it off, buy it....as others have said, sample games are normally worth a few extra bucks as well as the games with the DP playfield. The one you are looking at has both. This may be the last time you ever see a sample/DP Funhouse again.

Not sure if you noticed the two Funhouse's at Allentown, but they both sold in the $3k range. And, from what I have heard, 5 more of them would have sold at that price if they were available. (and frankly they were far from perfect, nor were they samples, nor did they have DP playfields). I am tearing mine down right now. Let me know if you need a hand or a machine to compare to.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there any huge differences in the sample rom to the latest? Would be kinda cool to have the sample tho ,being that there probably aren't many left. I forgot they used some weird configuration of boards in the samples .is there any downside to haveing the boards they used in these?

Very little difference in the ROMs... If you'd like, I can boot my machine tonight and check which ROM is the latest that can be used in the sample machines.

There's a web site out there that details all the differences on the samples VS regular production. Off the top of my head the differences are:

1-Rudy's face has slightly difference blush on his cheeks.
2-Start button is an "outie" VS an "innie"
3-Volume pot is on the inside left wall inside the cab. The up/down volume buttons are on the door like later machines, but don't do anything. You need to use the volume pot.
4-Thicker side rails... flipper buttons go THROUGH the rails... Production versions have the thinner rails with the buttons below the rails.
5-More lights in the backbox behind the words "Funhouse".
6-Seperate sound board. ...which means you can't use the latest ROM (no biggie at all).
7-I think the wording on the upper-left skill shot wording is slightly different if I recall...
8-Diamond Plate noted on playfield. I believe a smaller number of Sun Process playfields were produced. Not sure if it's as good as Diamond Plate. Maybe someone else knows.

Finally, there are a few Prototype Funhouse machines out there... They actually had a different target setup (STEPS VS STEP I believe). I can't recall how many of those were produced.. 5, 10, 20? I'm not sure they were clearcoated though so not sure personally I'd want one. I saw a Prototype machine for sale ONCE during my search for an original Diamond Plate playfield... I think it sold for $7,000.

#13 9 years ago

The latest you can run on a sample game is L-5.

The 9.05H ROM adds a few neat features, like Rudy being able to blink, but its nothing earth shattering.

Sun Process invented Diamondplate. The '200' samples were a mix of Diamondplate, Lacquer and LS Topcoat. Most were diamondplate, then lacquer and finally LS Topcoat, in amounts of production. I've only seen 3 or 4 topcoat funhouses.

Topcoat is not necessarily a good thing. It didn't wear as well as diamondplate did.

The topcoat playfields I've seen/owned also used a prototype screen. Where the original P target would've been, there's a white circle in the artwork where the insert would've been in the playfield.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Most people that have them, aren't selling

I paid around 3800 for mine a long time ago after an extensive search.They sure won't be getting any easier to find.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

The latest you can run on a sample game is L-5.

Thanks for the info! I think I might have ordered my L-5 from you.

Also, here's some more info:

http://www.flippers.be/funhouse_prototype_guide.html

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/Proto_Funhouse.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sample-funhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.