69%

(97 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

braaap.png
homerpin.jpg
nugentpin.jpg
jorts.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

I vote NASCAR. I am on my 2nd one and I really like the game. It's my wife's favorite game out of our collection. It's got some great shots and great rules. The track around the playfield is a neat toy and people always get a kick out of it. Mine sits next to Iron Man and to be honest....I play NASCAR more.... ssshhhhh

If Nascar wasn't themed as Nascar, a lot of people would be singing a different tune. The theme seems to be either loved or hated.

Quoted from ttown:

Its a really easy decisoin. If you are wearing jorts (cutoff jean shorts) right now then go with Nascar. If not go HS2. I would go with HS2 but it should be cheaper than the Nascar.

Comments like these are exactly what I'm talking about. Some people immediately paint Nascar as some backwards redneck pin, because it's "cool" in our society to make that same old tired Nascar joke.

IMO, people that don't like the Nascar pin haven't spent enough time with it. It's a rock solid pin for the price.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Well Pinitration I have to admit Nascar is probably not a title I would ever own. I am not against Nascar in particular but I could never get over the title. In my opinion the title will also hold the future value down since a lot of people will not want anything advertising Nascar.

I hear ya. I agree with you to a certain extent. I understand some people can't get over the theme. I don't like the sport of Nascar either so I totally get it. But I do like the pin.

As far as value goes though, you have to realize that Nascar has one of the biggest followings around. The last one I had, I sold it to a non pin head. It was their first pin. They were big Nascar fans. So you can't just look at the "Pinside world" when it comes to value. There are plenty of other people out there that enjoy the theme. Over time, I think Nascar pins will hold their value just fine.

You can even fetch a little more coin for Nascar from true Nascar fans. If memory serves me, I think the last one I sold, I got $2400 for it. It was routed in decent condition. Fully functioning, but definitely not collectors quality.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

I agree it is a great value and there is a big following. I dont know why I think I am so cool since I do own "Wheel of Fortune" ha ha

LOL. That's a fun game too though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 72.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/same-price-what-would-you-buy?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.