Topic poll

“Same price; What would you buy?”

• Nascar 30 votes
    31%
  • Getaway 67 votes
    69%

(97 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

braaap.png
homerpin.jpg
nugentpin.jpg
jorts.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Would you buy "Getaway" or "Nascar" for the same price?

"Getaway" has the better build quality but "Nascar" is more modern...

#3 4 years ago

I think Nascar is normally the more valuable game, assuming the same condition.

That said, I'd probably take Getaway anyhow. My time and back are too valuable to warrant hauling games I don't really want down and upstairs, anymore.

Then again, my brief time on Nascar led me to believe that it's severely underrated.

#5 4 years ago

Had them both. Sold HS2 and kept NASCAR. HS2 is a great game but the lack of shots on the game made it get stale fast, I was able to get to redline mania almost every game.

#7 4 years ago

Getaway by a mile.

#8 4 years ago

Getaway gets old quick, at least in a small collection. Don't have a lot of time on nascar but liked it when I played it. I think at the same price nascar is the better buy. That said play both and buy the one you like more.

#9 4 years ago

getaway does get old quick but its alot better than nascar. depends on the size of your collection too. getaway is always fun to come back to once in a while. wish i still had mine

#10 4 years ago

Not to change it up but I am looking at a Getaway and a Demo Man. Same thing kind of hard to decide the best between the two.

#11 4 years ago

I think you get more of the game with Demo Man than with Getaway. Sure, flow is great on HS2, but Dennis is no slouch when it comes to flow either. DM has a deeper ruleset, especially "on steroids" version. I'd rather play HS2 on location than own it at home because I fear it would become boring soon.

#12 4 years ago

All good points and I agree. The hard part is (I know this is a weak excuse) the theme and look of DM. For some reason HS2 looks like such a classic game.

#13 4 years ago

Getaway doesn't necessarily have better build quality.

Regardless, the choice is incomplete and sometimes odd code (HS2) over a TON of wasted playfield space and a rather uninspired layout (NASCAR). Personally, I'd pick something else.

#15 4 years ago

Its a really easy decisoin. If you are wearing jorts (cutoff jean shorts) right now then go with Nascar. If not go HS2. I would go with HS2 but it should be cheaper than the Nascar.

What is the actual price? If you are paying more than $2500 for HS2 you are over paying in my opinion.

#16 4 years ago

I've owned and really enjoyed both HS2 & Nascar. But if I walked into somewhere and saw them sitting side by side, I'm spending my time on Nascar. It's a surprisingly solid game with a good layout and ruleset. The short orbit and drop-targets to collect an extra ball are standout features IMO. I'll own another at some point.

The honeymoon phase was pretty intense, but HS2 has a "been there, done that" feeling to it that sets in pretty quickly.

#17 4 years ago

I was in the exact same position a couple of weeks ago, I managed to get a Grand Prix which is our version of Nascar, at a great price from a retailer , and honestly am so happy with my choice, Grand Prix is a hit at our place, it works really well with the other pins we have, not so intense so even the non pin heads can have fun. it really is one of my favourites, not to take anything away from the getaway, its a fantastic game, had some really great battles on there, an personally think its a classic, doubt you can go wrong either way, its that damn super charger vs the outter race track that's got you thinking, Nascar is very underrated in my opinion!!!

#18 4 years ago

I vote NASCAR. I am on my 2nd one and I really like the game. It's my wife's favorite game out of our collection. It's got some great shots and great rules. The track around the playfield is a neat toy and people always get a kick out of it. Mine sits next to Iron Man and to be honest....I play NASCAR more.... ssshhhhh

If Nascar wasn't themed as Nascar, a lot of people would be singing a different tune. The theme seems to be either loved or hated.

Quoted from ttown:

Its a really easy decisoin. If you are wearing jorts (cutoff jean shorts) right now then go with Nascar. If not go HS2. I would go with HS2 but it should be cheaper than the Nascar.

Comments like these are exactly what I'm talking about. Some people immediately paint Nascar as some backwards redneck pin, because it's "cool" in our society to make that same old tired Nascar joke.

IMO, people that don't like the Nascar pin haven't spent enough time with it. It's a rock solid pin for the price.

#19 4 years ago

Anybody put the Grand Prix code in the NASCAR?

#20 4 years ago

Well Pinitration I have to admit Nascar is probably not a title I would ever own. I am not against Nascar in particular but I could never get over the title. In my opinion the title will also hold the future value down since a lot of people will not want anything advertising Nascar.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Well Pinitration I have to admit Nascar is probably not a title I would ever own. I am not against Nascar in particular but I could never get over the title. In my opinion the title will also hold the future value down since a lot of people will not want anything advertising Nascar.

I hear ya. I agree with you to a certain extent. I understand some people can't get over the theme. I don't like the sport of Nascar either so I totally get it. But I do like the pin.

As far as value goes though, you have to realize that Nascar has one of the biggest followings around. The last one I had, I sold it to a non pin head. It was their first pin. They were big Nascar fans. So you can't just look at the "Pinside world" when it comes to value. There are plenty of other people out there that enjoy the theme. Over time, I think Nascar pins will hold their value just fine.

You can even fetch a little more coin for Nascar from true Nascar fans. If memory serves me, I think the last one I sold, I got $2400 for it. It was routed in decent condition. Fully functioning, but definitely not collectors quality.

#22 4 years ago

Getaway, and there is no second choice.

#23 4 years ago

Getaway. Unless you can find an Indy 500 for the same price.

#24 4 years ago

Get the Nascar Tony Steward edition. When you're working on the playfield it will drop on your head and try to kill you.

Sure hope it wasn't too soon for that one....

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I hear ya. I agree with you to a certain extent. I understand some people can't get over the theme. I don't like the sport of Nascar either so I totally get it. But I do like the pin.
As far as value goes though, you have to realize that Nascar has one of the biggest followings around. The last one I had, I sold it to a non pin head. It was their first pin. They were big Nascar fans. So you can't just look at the "Pinside world" when it comes to value. There are plenty of other people out there that enjoy the theme. Over time, I think Nascar pins will hold their value just fine.
You can even fetch a little more coin for Nascar from true Nascar fans. If memory serves me, I think the last one I sold, I got $2400 for it. It was routed in decent condition. Fully functioning, but definitely not collectors quality.

I agree it is a great value and there is a big following. I dont know why I think I am so cool since I do own "Wheel of Fortune" ha ha

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

I agree it is a great value and there is a big following. I dont know why I think I am so cool since I do own "Wheel of Fortune" ha ha

LOL. That's a fun game too though!

#27 4 years ago

Nascar by a mile but I've never had much love for Getaway.

#28 4 years ago

Is this your first pin?

Anyway, I have owned HS2 and have put in over 1000 plays on it in the year and half I have owned it. It plays fast, the 2 loops around are smooth, the rewards along the way are cool (video mode, getting away, supercharger 5+million bonuses) and they let you lead up to a fast and fun Redline Mania nicely. When the ball whips around the Supercharger for Redline Mania you know you are in for a good time. The Super Jackpot is a bass thumping thrill, also.

Nascar is fun, newer and is a good value. You will have fun with it and I like it, but when you get tired of it, it will be a tough sell or trade. Not because it is not a good game, but because people hate Nascar the sport. It gets little street cred., but if you don't care get it and have fun with it!

300 Pinsiders have the Getaway on their want lists compared to 29 who want Nascar. Nobody wants Nascar. If you get it keep track of the people here that pick it over the Getaway and they will buy it from you later on. Right.

Both are fun though, but I give a big edge to HS2.

#29 4 years ago

NASCAR. Hate the sport but love the pin!~SpOoKy

#30 4 years ago

I vote for Getaway...a great SR game.

#31 4 years ago

Just saw this posted on craigslist.

charleston.craigslist.org link

#32 4 years ago

Rebel flags and Nascar.
BMHouze too soon bro, too soon.
jorts baby

Edit: full disclosure.. i voted HS2

#33 4 years ago

Nascar for sure. Very underrated.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Rebel flags and Nascar.
BMHouze too soon bro, too soon.
jorts baby
Edit: full disclosure.. i voted HS2

jorts.jpg 44 KB

Take note where Kneissl lives and he is still making fun of Nascar. Now go grab a Busch Light and a Slim Jim Kneissl you are still a redneck even if you don't like Nascar.

#35 4 years ago

I prefer to be called a Hillbilly

#36 4 years ago

Full disclosure I took this picture in Kneissl's game room. He tried to hide it under a blanket but I found it.

nugentpin.jpg

#37 4 years ago

Pass on both and get Corvette instead.

Given only the two, though, that is a hard choice. Better rules and more to do in Nascar. Better art and layout on HS2. Tough call. Guess I would go with the one that is in better condition, if they're the same price.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I've owned and really enjoyed both HS2 & Nascar. But if I walked into somewhere and saw them sitting side by side, I'm spending my time on Nascar. It's a surprisingly solid game with a good layout and ruleset. The short orbit and drop-targets to collect an extra ball are standout features IMO. I'll own another at some point.
The honeymoon phase was pretty intense, but HS2 has a "been there, done that" feeling to it that sets in pretty quickly.

I too have owned both, and I could say it any better myself

#39 4 years ago

What sane man would try to hide the Nuge? ttown sold off TZ and now he's got a TAF.. weeeeaaak.
braaap.png

#40 4 years ago

homerpin.jpg

Save your money for a DA Pin. The best Simpson pin ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 109.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ocala, FL
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Sale Pending!
West Greenwich, RI
Boards
PinSound
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside