8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I know who cares but is anyone else think games like lotr and lotr le sld be under the same game , bc welll the gameplay and playfield are the same ? I mean there are tons of pins and I dont think its fair to other pins that bc of gold trim its in a different spot taking up a place that something else cld be ? Who knows just thinking out loud since I cant sleep lol.

#2 8 years ago

Actually I think its the only one on there like that

#3 8 years ago

TAF gold?

#5 8 years ago

I haven't looked at the top 100 in over a year. Don't see that much use for it in general.

#6 8 years ago

There's quite a few there.....all due to Sterns' 2 model policy of late (except TAF Gold). Some games I think its important because they are that different (i.e. ACDC Pro vs PremLE), but others where it is mostly cosmetic probably shouldn't have 2 separate ratings (e.g. ST vs STLE, or LOTR vs LOTRve).

But I guess art and toys are part of the rating system, so that means the models should be separate.

If you are using it as a buying guide it's also helpful to know that more people rate a particular Premium/LE model over the Pro version of the same game. This would be helpful with AC/DC for example where the Pro is ranked 40 and the PremLE is ranked 9. On the flipside, with Metallica it would tell you they are very similar, with the Pro ranked 16 and the PremLE ranked 15.

I also rarely look at it any more. Apart from the rankings, it is a good resource and would be great if they included rules/strategy.

#7 8 years ago

Artwork is part of the rating. So LOTR LE with an HD on the backglass and no figures should be lower than the standard.

With TAF the Gold ROMs do make the game play different since there are more rewards to find. Most people eventually put the gold ROMs in the regular.

And the estimate price will be different.

#8 8 years ago

I disagree, I think that any game should only be listed once. When they review cars, they don't review every model at each of its different price points. So it should be with pins. Reviews of a game should all go into together to create a composite score. So the LE, Premium and Pro all piled in together makes it less confusing. I get what you are saying about art and toys but what we have now is chaos... For example, why is Tron Pro rated higher than the LE? Why is AC/DC Premium / LE a top 10 but the Pro is all the way down at #29? Then Met Premium/LE and Pro are side by side at #'s 15 and 16? If you really want to break it down by price point then the AC/DC game rating page could show the individual scores for the Pro, Premium and Le that go into the composite score. Or just rate a game at it's top price point. That's how they do it with cars...

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I also rarely look at it any more. Apart from the rankings, it is a good resource and would be great if they included rules/strategy.

Rule sets and strategy need to be added to each game in the archive. That would be awesome.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/same-pins-on-top-100-more-than-once and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.