(Topic ID: 357748)

SAM Power cord storage for transport….help…wtf?

By JWilberdog

6 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 days ago

Bought one Lawlor game- Family Guy and traded another one- really nice RBION. AND…..

Tried and tried again, multiple ways, couldn’t get the power cord to roll neatly back into hole. Got right to end a number of times but stuck out too much to make for neat shipping and transport. Does not have wood rails and cord is just a little thicker than 4 round nylon guides so when putting on dolly creates a little side to side.

Not a huge deal but wondering if anyone has hack/best practice they could share?

On my wpc’s, I remove the plate and pull the cord
    modern sterns - easy
    bally’s - wrap and put into cabinet

Thanks for any / all advice

Jason

#2 6 days ago

Usually some painters tape works/worked for me.

#3 6 days ago

Don't roll the cord into the hole, push it through. If you can't then open the machine and pull it through, they are just loose in the cabinet. The hole isn't for the cord it's for the plug.

#4 6 days ago

Yeah, pull the cord from the inside of the cabinet if you have to (if it gets stuck). I have stuffed a plastic bag in the end before to keep it from falling out.

#5 6 days ago

Aaaaaaah! Feel like a dufus, should have opened up but thought it was a fixed cord as it didnt seem to slide through so will pull from inside…thanks everyone!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sam-power-cord-storage-for-transporthelpwtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.