(Topic ID: 328611)

SAM backbox speakers are wired in series right?

By KJL

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KJL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7891 (resized).JPG
IMG_7892 (resized).JPG
IMG_7893 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2023-01-02 3.53.06 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I thought I would upgrade my ACDC backbox speakers with some Kickers (4 Ohm) I had laying around and have seen posts that say SAM speakers are wired in parallel so I need to wire in series. When I opened my backbox up I notice that its wired in series with a 10 mfd cap between the left speaker negative and right speaker positive.

Am I crazy or is there bad info out there?

IMG_7891 (resized).JPGIMG_7891 (resized).JPGIMG_7892 (resized).JPGIMG_7892 (resized).JPGIMG_7893 (resized).JPGIMG_7893 (resized).JPGScreenshot 2023-01-02 3.53.06 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-02 3.53.06 PM (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

I found this great post that confirms the backbox speakers at least in AC/DC are wired in series.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massively-improve-your-acdc-premiumle-sound-under-80#post-327825

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sam-backbox-speakers-are-wired-in-series-right?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.