Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32A449B2-DB8F-45C5-AA30-1E208123B9F6 (resized).jpeg
2703709C-06F7-47E3-8F39-D73A8E3EDB47 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Trying to complete a high end resto on my EATPM and can’t find a replacement for the lock down bar receiver. Can this be media blasted then powder coated? With the moving parts not sure once re-assembled if it would move as needed?

2703709C-06F7-47E3-8F39-D73A8E3EDB47 (resized).jpeg2703709C-06F7-47E3-8F39-D73A8E3EDB47 (resized).jpeg32A449B2-DB8F-45C5-AA30-1E208123B9F6 (resized).jpeg32A449B2-DB8F-45C5-AA30-1E208123B9F6 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

I would recommend adding “WMS lockdown receiver” so people know what you’re looking for. And these should be super easy to find

#3 2 years ago

Stupid things happen when people stupidly powder coat things that don’t need to be powder coated.

We’ve seen powder coated tilt bobs and shooter rods around here. Neither ended well but we got some laughs.

#4 2 years ago

never powdercoat those. The tolerances are made to work like that. Add powder and you will have a whole new set of problems

#5 2 years ago

I think you could do some serious nudging with a powder coat tilt bob...

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stupid things happen when people stupidly powder coat things that don’t need to be powder coated.
We’ve seen powder coated tilt bobs and shooter rods around here. Neither ended well but we got some laughs.

oh, i vividly remember the powder-coated shooter rod housing! that's a timeless classic.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, i vividly remember the powder-coated shooter rod housing! that's a timeless classic.

I picture the guy trying in vain to stuff the plunger back into the housing and looking at it quizzically while muttering "it don't fit, it don't fit!" like OJ.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I picture the guy trying in vain to stuff the plunger back into the housing and looking at it quizzically while muttering "it don't fit, it don't fit!" like OJ.

weights and measurements can be a tricky business.

#9 2 years ago

Not sure if this is considered taboo or not but I have wire wheeled these in the past and then sprayed them with Rustoleum 2x metallic paint just to prevent further rusting. The only issue is when you place your ground wires to the receiver you need to scrape away the paint a bit to make sure there is good contact. This has worked fine on games in the past. It's not exactly "high end" but it does the job. Just my $.02.

#10 2 years ago

If you wanted to make it look better I would just paint it. Like others have said, the added thickness from powder coating will affect how the locking mechanism moves. It's also silly to powder coat something that won't be seen from the outside IMO

#11 2 years ago

WMS replacement!! Best option so far. Was really trying to use as many original parts as possible, but these rust spots/pitting are pretty deep. Cheers Isochronic

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

WMS replacement!! Best option so far. Was really trying to use as many original parts as possible, but these rust spots/pitting are pretty deep. Cheers Isochronic

I am fairly certain the WMS ones ARE original. When EATPM was made Williams already bought Bally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/salvaging?hl=enchantress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.