Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by KSUWildcatFan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190924_210052 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190924_210042 (resized).jpg

#1 75 days ago

Thinking about having my World Cup Soccer side rails/lock bar/legs powdercoated candy purple to match the color of the goalie on the side..

Just wondering if the dents in my rails can be fixed (CHEAPLY--i realize I can buy a new set for not a ton of money) prior to powder and end up looking good after.

Thoughts?
IMG_20190924_210042 (resized).jpgIMG_20190924_210052 (resized).jpg

#2 75 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Thinking about having my World Cup Soccer side rails/lock bar/legs powdercoated candy purple to match the color of the goalie on the side..
Just wondering if the dents in my rails can be fixed (CHEAPLY--i realize I can buy a new set for not a ton of money) prior to powder and ebd up looking good after.
Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

Since you are going through the trouble of removing the side rails and then having them powder coated I assume that you want them to look perfect. While it is likely possible for someone to work out the dents in your side rails they still will likely not be perfect and you will always notice the imperfections.

Get new side rails as they do not cost that much as you noted and your new powder coated side rails will then look perfect.

https://www.pinballlife.com/47-316-williamsbally-wpc-stainless-steel-side-rails-set-of-2.html

Gord

#4 75 days ago

Thanks guys. I suspected as much, but wanted to confirm. Raw is even cheaper than I thought.. Didn't know that was an option.

-Jordan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside