Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by toddsolus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1681.jpg
    IMAG1677.jpg
    IMAG1676.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hey everybody, it looks like November 9th is the target date for a meet up and tournament. You don't have to participate in the tournament if you don't want to, but for all who want to compete, the info is at the end of the post. We'll plan on an official start time for 7:00pm, but feel free to roll in early if you want some extra time on the machines. I'll buy up some snacks and drinks (soda), but feel free to bring your own beer if that's more your thing. Here's the list of games that are most likely going to be available the night of the event.

Pins
    Spider-Man
    Attack From Mars
    Bride of Pinbot
    Creature From the Black Lagoon
    Tron Pro
    AC/DC Premium
    Twilight Zone
    The Addams Family
    The Simpsons Pinball Party (maybe)
    OXO (maybe)

Vids
    Donkey Kong
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Spy Hunter
    Championship Sprint
    Punch-Out!!

Spouses and kids are welcome. I just need an approximate head count for 1) attendance, and 2) tournament player numbers. Let me know if you'll be able to make it!

Tournament Details
    We'll start the tournament at 8:00pm. Entry fee will be collected at that time. The tournament will be a $20 entry to play each tournament game twice (take your best score). $5 lets you buy in for one more play on a specific machine, maximum 3 total buy ins. Best scores between entry and buy ins will be kept. Points will be awarded for top 8 finishers on each game (8 points for first down to 1 point for 8th). After all games have been played, we'll take the top four finishers and put them in a finals game, 1 game with 4 players.

The tournament games will be chosen by random draw, with Bride of Pinbot being excluded from the draw. Top finisher in points from the main round gets to choose the game for the finals.

All money collected will be paid out to the winners. 50% take for 1st place, 25% for 2nd, 15% for 3rd, and 10% for 4th.

Once the tournament wraps up, you're free to stay and play as long as you like.

Location: I'm in Kaysville, just south of Layton. If you are planning on coming, send me a PM and I'll send you my full address and cell phone number.

#2 10 years ago

I would definitely be down for it. I'll let other people I know who might have missed this post as well.

Josh

#3 10 years ago

I would really like to make this, but wont be back in SLC at that point. Have fun...

#4 10 years ago

Where's it going to be???

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from cmproductions:

Where's it going to be???

Kaysville.

#6 10 years ago

Morning bump.

#7 10 years ago

I'll probably stop by. Not sure about the to tournament thou.

#8 10 years ago

I actually have that day off. I will have to see if my wife will let me come I will let you know.

#9 10 years ago

I'll make a concerted effort to be there. Thanks, Jeff.

#10 10 years ago

Cool, getting a few PMs. Hoping that we can keep getting the word out.

#11 10 years ago

A week away, we're still planning on doing this for all who are interested.

#12 10 years ago

I wanna come!!! Any way we can get an address of where to go???

#13 10 years ago

I'll send out PMs with an address before the weekend.

I'm getting a few PMs showing interest. The tournament might not happen, but we could still have a good group for playing pinball.

#14 10 years ago

I should be there.

#15 10 years ago

Jeff, I'll be bringing a couple of my boys with me, can't wait!

#16 10 years ago

Sounds great. I'll just post the address here so I don't forget to PM anybody.

419 S Kays Dr
    Kaysville

We're pretty close to the Boondocks that's just off of the freeway in Kaysville.

#17 10 years ago

This is tonight. Bump for those who didn't see the address.

#18 10 years ago

I'll be there!!!

#19 10 years ago

me and my GF will be there...

#20 10 years ago

Hey! My wife and I will be there. Thanks for hosting!! Ryan

#21 10 years ago

Jeff,

Thank you for such a great time at your pad!! Great collection of pins! Really appreciate you hosting such a cool event! Ryan & Tiffany.

#22 10 years ago

wish I would have made it...

#23 10 years ago

Thanks for coming, everyone. At one point there was someone on every pin and every arcade game. A handful of pics... IMAG1681.jpgIMAG1681.jpgIMAG1677.jpgIMAG1677.jpgIMAG1676.jpgIMAG1676.jpg

#24 10 years ago

It was a lot of fun meet you guys!! Thanks Jeff for hosting!!! Once my basement is done I'll put together something ha ha but I'll need a few more pins in the house to make it exciting!!!

#25 10 years ago

Jeff, You have an awesome collection of games. Thanks for letting me and my boy come out to play. I didn't get as much time on ACDC as I wanted to, but still had LOTS of fun.

Also nice getting to meet some people on pinside in person

Josh

#26 10 years ago

Yeah great time, thanks Jeff. I for one could stand to have these around here more frequently! I think I've only been to two, Mike's and Jeff's and both of which proved to be a great time.

#27 10 years ago

I didn't even get one game on acdc cause everyone was hogging it all night long. Ha ha ha.

#28 10 years ago

Hey utah peeps. In an effort to fund my basement completion, I'm thinking about selling a couple of my pins.

The two I'm thinking about selling are my flawless Indy (IJ4) and my amazing custom TF.
    Both fully led'd

Indy $4500
    Transformers $4000

#29 10 years ago

I know someone who would be interested in your iJ4....pm me

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/salt-lake-city-utah-area-november-9th-partytournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.