(Topic ID: 61256)

Salt Lake City area pinballers...interested in a tournament?

By jar155

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GimpMaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

We've had a few informal meet ups, and it's my turn to host one. Just throwing this out there, but would anybody be interested in a cheap buy in tournament during the next get together? I had a lot of fun down in Vegas at the Pin Up or Shut Up tournament and I think we could do something similar. $10 gets you in, $5 lets you buy in to repeat a game to try for a higher score, maximum of three buy ins per person.

We'd give the cash pot to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. Of course, if you don't want to compete, you could drop in and just hang out and play pins.

If interested, what days would work best? Obviously we'd shoot for a Friday or Saturday night.

#2 10 years ago

Moved to pinball events sub forum. Good luck getting something put together. See if you could get certified for an official tournament of some kind where your scores counted towards the rankings.

Over 20,000 pinball people were ranked this year per another thread here last week.

#3 10 years ago

Bueller?

Maybe I posted at a bad time of day, who knows. Or maybe nobody wants to play with money on the line.

#4 10 years ago

Didn't see this one Jeff. I'm in for sure.

#5 10 years ago

Cool I'm in as well!

#6 10 years ago

Now we're talking, I brought this up a year ago and people were shy about it. It's for fun guys, tourney's are a blast an it adds a little to the fun when there's something on the line.

#7 10 years ago

When I am officially back in Utah I would be up for something like this.

#8 10 years ago

Ah, nice. We do have some interest. I'll put some more formal details together soon and we'll try to spread the word and find out how many we could draw in.

1 week later
    #9 10 years ago

I'll pm you my email/contact info. These threads can be tricky to remember to check often. (I haven't looked, can you set a thread up to email you when it's updated?)

#10 10 years ago

I'm in too!

4 weeks later
    #11 10 years ago

Just did a search for SLC and came across this thread. I've been to Don's house before and I've had a couple informal meet ups at my place.

I would definitely be in! Especially now that we had first snow, time to stay inside more.

Anyways it might be best to get an email list going. You are right that these forum topics get lost with all the activity going on.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, We all know this isn't true.....Psh

#14 10 years ago

Psh Brothers don't shake hands.....brothers gotta hug.

#15 10 years ago

If you want I can create an email list so we can get faster responses.

PM your emails you want me to use.

#16 10 years ago

I've got Chris and Ryan added. Don send me your email I've only got your phone number. I'll add some other people I know that have pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/salt-lake-city-area-pinballersinterested-in-a-tournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.