Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown.jpeg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Bought mine few weeks back for less than remake

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Bought mine few weeks back for less than original.

Good for u

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Bought mine few weeks back for less than remake

How's the AFM you picked up? Any interest is selling it?

#54 5 years ago

This nice and clean one sold for almost $14K.

ebay.com link » Williams Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Original With Low Plays

Interesting to watch on this one:

ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Clearcoated W Leds A

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How's the AFM you picked up? Any interest is selling it?

Only for the right price and im guessing itd be too much currently!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I know I'm not ready to sell that beauty you brought me Teekee. No repro will ever match that standard of quality. Had a game night this past weekend and it was certainly the hit of the party, next to WOZ that is.
- Don

It sure is one super nice one you have. Wished I could have made it Saturday but auction was the same day. Trade you a new MMR and cash or a Hobbit LE and cash as yours from Teekee is one of the best ever. Hope to see you soon!

#57 5 years ago

Hey TKEY a near mint MM just sold for $9,000 @ Pinball warehouse in Fridley,MN and if you know the owner Big Al makes at least $1,000 or more off every machine I was told by an insider that the person who sold it to him for $7,500 ordered a new MM and needed room for it .

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think it would be foolish for someone to let their original MM go too cheap… some may have panicked and sold cheap but they'll regret it.

Until the remakes come out, originals are the only show in town. I definitely wouldn't be dumping mine for cheap, just because of announcement.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Until the remakes come out, originals are the only show in town. I definitely wouldn't be dumping mine for cheap, just because of announcement.

I wouldn't dump it even after the release... original is still better!

#60 5 years ago

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from galagamaster:

I was told by an insider that the person who sold it to him for $7,500 ordered a new MM and needed room for it .

Makes no sense... why would someone sell a NEAR MINT original MM (as you describe it) to fund a MMR... and he sold his original for less than what he's paying for the MMR even though his original was near mint???? Makes no sense at all...

I can understand selling a routed MM that needs work for $7500 to fund the new one but makes no sense selling the original one for $7500 if it were truly in NEAR MINT condition... sounds like some BS to me.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Makes no sense... why would someone sell a NEAR MINT original MM (as you describe it) to fund a MMR... and he sold his original for less than what he's paying for the MMR even though his original was near mint???? Makes no sense at all...I can understand selling a routed MM that needs work for $7500 to fund the new one but makes no sense selling the original one for $7500 if it were truly in NEAR MINT condition... sounds like some BS to me.

Im not sure maybe because it's NIB call BIG AL and ask him 763-784-7279 Pinball Warehouse

#63 5 years ago

Im not sure maybe because it's NIB call BIG AL and ask him 763-784-7279 Pinball Warehouse

And why do you get so defensive when these are stated facts! Is it because the days of you making money off cleaning up route beaters and flipping them is over?

#64 5 years ago

And why do you get so defensive when these are stated facts!

Because it simply makes no sense... does it? Sell a near mint original for $7500 to buy a MMR for $8000? I'm sure the actual sale happened but I'm willing to bet it wasn't near mint or even close.

#65 5 years ago

I know I'm just stating the facts and responding to this thread.it's a very dynamic market prices are dropping on all the games maybe because Stern games are getting better and JJP entering with a exccellent first game release ????

#66 5 years ago

I know I'm just stating the facts and responding to this thread.it's a very dynamic market prices are dropping on all the games maybe because Stern games are getting better and JJP entering with a exccellent first game release ????

Also not sure if it really was near mint that's what I was told on the phone when I called big AL about it also it took almost 5 weeks for it to sell. OK TEEKEE

#67 5 years ago

No doubt prices are dropping. The market is getting saturated and the money is drying up...

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No doubt prices are dropping. The market is getting saturated and the money is drying up...

Couldn't have said it better myself. To me it does seem the direction people are headed with the money they have is newer titles or NIB. But to do so, they are selling their older games to buy. Hence the many older titles for sale…

Can I come Friday?? (Today right?)

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The market is getting saturated

I agree with you on this point.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree with you also these games are getting old some of the best WM/Bally A- titles are 20 yrs old people want something new .

#71 5 years ago

Quoted from teekee:

Makes no sense...... sounds like some BS to me.

2 weeks later
#72 5 years ago

if the market is getting saturated, then why is stern selling more games than in years, JJP is in the mix, many boutiques are pre-selling, show attendence is way up (i heard about 30% for 'most' shows last year), game prices seem to not be under pressure, parts vendors selling more, etc ... I don't see a collapse for 2014 ... the market is expanding from what I can see which is a good thing and quite frankly something alot of people did not expect to happen.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

if the market is getting saturated, then why is stern selling more games than in years, JJP is in the mix, many boutiques are pre-selling, show attendence is way up (i heard about 30% for 'most' shows last year), game prices seem to not be under pressure, parts vendors selling more, etc ... I don't see a collapse for 2014 ... the market is expanding from what I can see which is a good thing and quite frankly something alot of people did not expect to happen.

Just to counter, I didn't think Stern ever released any sort of actual game sales data?

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

the market is expanding from what I can see which is a good thing

A very good thing if you are a guy like me that likes to fix them up and hopes that he can find parts. This means that more parts should continue to be available for older machines too.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is all a guess and a lot of hope ESPECIALLY for someone in your position. Way too many pins have entered and will be entering the market soon. Money has to be drying up. No way most guys can keep spending $8000 plus a year for a fun hobby. All markets look like this before the implosion. Who really knows...

No one knows for sure but this market looks awfully familiar to all the other past markets that have gone BOOM!

#76 5 years ago

In my position I see a worldwide market purchasing parts at rates not seen before, I know alot about the number of games being sold between the vendors. I think it would be you who has alot of guess and hope ESPECIALLY in your position (which is what?).

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I think it would be you who has alot of guess and hope ESPECIALLY in your position (which is what?).

Just someone like you hoping and guessing that this hobby stays healthy... unlike so many other hobby/collectible markets that have collapsed when headed down this same type of path.

#78 5 years ago

Having more choice and more inventory and more customers have always been important to keeping a market healthy. Supply and Demand will define price, but if more customers come then that helps insure that prices do not go above what the market will bear ... not sure why pinball behaves differently than anything else ... (older classic cars for example - they stopped making them, which makes older cars much more expensive) ...

#79 5 years ago

Position indeed, the flippers, restorers, collectors, loyalists and now cloners will never share in the pinball players enthusiasm of owning a NIB, Williams approved second run of MM.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

older classic cars for example

Uh oh...you said....cars!

#81 5 years ago

alot of pinball people are also car people ...

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Uh oh...you said....cars!

Quoted from PPS:

lot of pinball people are also car people ...

The running joke is to never use the car analogy for pinball machines as it starts 300 posts on why it is a good/bad analogy. That's why Ted posted that.

#85 5 years ago

I do hope the MMr is a major success, if it is Id probably chase one after Im done with my current buying commitments. Big thanks to PPS for sticking the proverbial head out to be chopped off. I cant wait to play one!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

never use the car analogy

For an experienced auto mechanic like myself, they are like cars. But no oil, no filter, no wheels, no tires, no brakes, no triple A, none of that BS. But I have found that the voltages run just a wee bit higher.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I don't think saturation across the board is correct. I think you can look to what happened with xmen and tav Le as to what's going to happen though. Good titles that are fun and complete and that are in cq or nib condition will continue to sell at the new price points at 7000 to ~8000. But games not in cq condition, or with poor game play, or with poor code or lacking fun factor are going to dip to the 2500 to 5000 mark. I think that's a good thing for all. Gives people a chance to get into the hobby at a lower price point on a player condition fun game or less popular cq game thereby continuing to "grow the hobby". And just as important it will keep the manufacturers on their toes to be competitive with each other and innovate and build the next game that will be a home run and they can milk the title for every penny they can. Isn't that where we were at the height of pinball?

oh and I'm in on a MMR. I was one of those laughed at for saying it would be profitable and good for the hobby a couple years ago. "It will never be done" was all I ever heard. So I'm definitely looking forward to mine.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Money has to be drying up. No way most guys can keep spending $8000 plus a year

Says the guy that deals in the uber rare and expensive game market.

How much did you sell Krull for?

...and don't you have a BBB up for sale for $21k?

Seems as though there is cash flowing somewhere.

#89 5 years ago

I'm waiting for the CC remake. I can tell you this about the prices of games lately, I just picked up MET and ACDC at very good prices. Very good. Love to pick up a Hulk or Blue Avengers, look at the price drop there. Like anything, if the supply is high and the demand low the price will be effected. That's what brings balance to a market. CC makes a lot of sense for a remake, not a lot of them produced and I'd bet the market will respond more favorable to the remake. For Teekee's sake Refake. LOL.

#90 5 years ago

I hear about Vendors, where are they today? Who has games on location? I don't see Pinball machines on location anymore. If the Vendor market is so big I'd guess I'd see more games out there but I don't.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'm waiting for the CC remake. I can tell you this about the prices of games lately, I just picked up MET and ACDC at very good prices. Very good. Love to pick up a Hulk or Blue Avengers, look at the price drop there. Like anything, if the supply is high and the demand low the price will be effected. That's what brings balance to a market. CC makes a lot of sense for a remake, not a lot of them produced and I'd bet the market will respond more favorable to the remake. For Teekee's sake Refake. LOL.

I think the point I'd want to make is that going forward, demand will be set by quality and condition of a game. Right now it's being set by scarcity/rareness (are those words). Guys take huge gambles on new titles being a hit. That's gonna disappear with more supply. Expect manufacturers to have to invest more in marketing their games getting respected players to rate is playability and rule set before buyers jump on board at the announcement of each game based on theme and game designer only. PPS is actually not going to have that headache if their platform for repro's is solid though. Buyers are essentially going to know what they're getting on the repro machines.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

In my opinion, the new games are where it's headed. People want new stuff, and are willing to buy it. We seem to be seeing alot of older games up for sale lately. I would agree, pinball is still thriving.

#93 5 years ago

Personally, I would rather pay $8000 for an above average MM than a NIB MMR LE.
I recently pulled my deposit on the MMR LE.

#94 5 years ago

Above average original MM are rare at 8K

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Personally, I would rather pay $8000 for an above average MM than a NIB MMR LE.
I recently pulled my deposit on the MMR LE.

I'm staying in now……..really liking the sound of the improvements being made…..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside