SJ Rise n Shine - Middle Playfield Detail.jpg
SJ Rise n Shine - Cabinet Right.jpg
SJ Rise n Shine - Cabinet Left.jpg
SJ Rise n Shine - Backglass.jpg
MMMmmmm.JPG
Sailor Jerry 001 - Lane Dividers.jpg
Sailor Jerry 001 - Backglass.jpg
Sailor Jerry 001 - Pop Bumpers.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 10 years ago

man.. there was a GT-UGA game back in the late 90s and a bottle of sailor jerry.. don't remember much else.

#3 10 years ago

I started drinking Sailor Jerrys this summer. Never had one until then. Damn, we got plastered a couple of nights this year....great drink !!! I can see how SD TOM didn't remember anything.....I don't remember much from the nights we pounded them either !!!!

#4 10 years ago

same here
sailor jerry w/ squirt, a splash of coke and a liberal squeeze of a lime is fantastic during the summer months

#5 10 years ago

sailor jerry has more alcohol % than capt. morgan

pretty cool! hope someone snags it

#6 10 years ago

I love me a tall glass of Jerry's.
Even better though, is The Kraken. Up here its more % and cheaper than SJ's.
The big boys root beer float

#7 10 years ago

Did someone buy it, can't seem to get the link to work or any search.

#8 10 years ago

went to one of those S.J. event once
had my photo taken with a S.J. girl
free shot at mid night.....

#9 10 years ago

Yeah link is dead now.. It was a one off conversion (forgot source machine) into a sailor jerry, for $4550

#10 10 years ago

Need pics of it!!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Even better though, is The Kraken.

Kraken: 94 proof
Sailor: 92 proof
Captain: 70 proof

#12 10 years ago

Found one on internet. Since it is a computer rendering.. Maybe they never got around to actually making it / pulled it?

#13 10 years ago

Is this it?

pinballmachinemock.jpgpinballmachinemock.jpg
#14 10 years ago

0396_SJCL_GGFBPCarouselImage_31.jpg0396_SJCL_GGFBPCarouselImage_31.jpg
#15 10 years ago

yep

#16 10 years ago

Rum and pinball. You've got my attention...

3 weeks later
#17 10 years ago

I'm going insane!!! Cant find any info on this pin. did anyone catch source machine? can anyone tell from mock-up? I want this machine like nothing I have ever wanted in my entire life. hopefully it ends up on ebay or in a pin museum or somewhere I can sell my body for it.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Kraken: 94 proof
Sailor: 92 proof
Captain: 70 proof

Sailor pin: 404 proof

#19 10 years ago

Also, The Kraken is way too damn sweet. Rather have Gosling's Dark Seal, and make it 151 if you're looking for who's got the kick.

2 weeks later
#20 10 years ago

I found a higher resolution picture in case anyone was interested. Also when searching google for it I found a pinterest page that states it's a Gottlieb.

The original writeup I read said it was from the 60's. Looking at the higher resolution picture you can see the score board on the bottom-left and a series of 10 black and red stars on the bottom.

I went through a bunch of pins from this period on the IPMD but didn't come across one that looked close enough to say BINGO.

Wondering if any of you old timers have insight.sailor jerry pin.jpgsailor jerry pin.jpg

#21 10 years ago

I believe it was originally a 1965 Flipper Pool. Everything looks correct except the the coin entry plate which is a later version. Flipper Pool is the Add-A-Ball version of Bank A Ball. Only 700 made originally.

2 months later
#22 10 years ago

This game is a 1965 Gottlieb Flipper Pool that we converted into Sailor Jerry Shore Leave for Sailor Jerry. The cabinet and playfield were hand-painted with artwork provided by the client. The backglass and flat plastics were produced on a wide format inkjet printer with designs based on art provided by SJ. The drop down pool balls in the backbox were repainted black with the matching numbers in white. The game play is the same as for a Flipper Pool.

Sailor Jerry 001 - Middle Playfield.jpgSailor Jerry 001 - Middle Playfield.jpg

The pop bumper cap images were printed on thick Lucite with a cutout for the bulb allowing the light to shine out eh sides.

Sailor Jerry 001 - Pop Bumpers.jpgSailor Jerry 001 - Pop Bumpers.jpg

SJ is planning a second title that will be produced in 2014.

#23 10 years ago

Nice, thanks for the info and pics.

You don't have any full cab shots do you? Looks beautiful.

#24 10 years ago

Oddly, no. I guess I did not get any good shots of the cabinet. The cabinet has been sitting around while the artist finished painting the playfield. The playfield has an automotive clear coat on it to protect the paint. We were so excited about how the playfield turned out that we really didn't get any photos of the cabinet. Here is a shot of the backglass:
Sailor Jerry 001 - Backglass.jpgSailor Jerry 001 - Backglass.jpg

And here is a detail shot of the lane dividers:
Sailor Jerry 001 - Lane Dividers.jpgSailor Jerry 001 - Lane Dividers.jpg

#25 10 years ago

incredible! my favorite rum, too.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MidWestPin:

Oddly, no. I guess I did not get any good shots of the cabinet.

Oh well, thanks for the extra pics, and high rez too.

I've been drinking Goslings Black Seal lately, but I'm down with the Sailor.

#27 10 years ago

Never had it before but, I will be looking for it now. Summer is almost here.

#28 10 years ago

Pretty damn cool machine. I drink mostly Zaya Rum, but I will have to give Sailor Jerry a try if you guys say it is good. Give Zaya a try if you haven't already. It regarded as one of the best in the world.

#29 10 years ago

Great Rum. Much better than Captain..

1 month later
#30 10 years ago

Finally tried some Sailor Jerry, sorry but it tastes like piss. However, I also tried Kraken and that's my new favorite rum. Did a little blind taste test against my old favorite Captain Black spiced and Kraken wins. Kraken if a fine rum on the rocks or in Coke!

#31 10 years ago

I used to be big on Sailor and the pinup girls inside . However, my current favorite spiced rum is Kirkland, that's right Costco's brand. Comes in a square bottle and costs about $13 for a 1.75L, it's 92 proof and smooooth. Been enjoying it for about 5-6 months now. Just picked up two more bottles this morning. Great looking pin BTW.

MMMmmmm.JPGMMMmmmm.JPG

#32 10 years ago

Kraken is too sweet for me. I prefer Gosling's Dark Seal.

#33 10 years ago

Much better than Morgan, but I prefer the kraken. Either way both do the trick and I don't drink them often for the same reason, they F me up right.

#34 10 years ago

I'm on the Jerry's RIGHT NOW!
Pinball skills - Slowly increasing

4 weeks later
#35 9 years ago

We completed the customization of the second Sailor Jerry title - Rise 'n Shine - which is built on a 1968 Gottlieb Royal Guard. For this title, the Sailor Jerry team wanted to go with more of a pin-up theme.

SJ Rise n Shine - Backglass.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Backglass.jpg

As with the previous title, the playfield and cabinet were hand-painted with artwork provided by Sailor Jerry. The playfield has been clear coated to protect the artwork and provide a smooth playing surface. The flat plastics and backglass were printed on a wide format inkjet printer. The backglass artwork contains a swordfish that has been printed on a separate layer, which becomes visible when backlit.

SJ Rise n Shine - Cabinet Left.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Cabinet Left.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Cabinet Right.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Cabinet Right.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Lower Playfield Detail.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Lower Playfield Detail.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Middle Playfield Detail.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Middle Playfield Detail.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Middle Playfield.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Middle Playfield.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Upper Playfield.jpgSJ Rise n Shine - Upper Playfield.jpg

#36 9 years ago

Awesome, thanks for sharing more. So where is this one going to live now?

#38 9 years ago

very cool. thanks for providing the nice photos

is this going to continue to be a trend for sailor jerry's? (re-theming a machine every 6 months or so), if so, I'm all for it

#39 9 years ago

very cool, nice work!

#40 9 years ago

awesome work beauty!

#41 9 years ago

Oh man, I'd kill for this. Royal Guard is hands down one of my favorite EM's. I can't stop playing it when I go to my friend's place... I've never been able to roll it.

#42 9 years ago

The Sailor Jerry Rise 'n Shine was shipped to Australia for use as part of a promotion. We are working on another Shore Leave (Flipper Pool) and another Rise 'n Shine. Both are headed to destinations in the US. Sailor Jerry did say that they are planning to have us build a batch to be offered through their clothing website next Christmas.

I don't think they are planning a new artwork scheme. It is more likely we will repeat the themes that we have. We may end up using a Palace Guard in place of Royal Guard for one game.

#43 9 years ago

I'll take one art, please.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#44 9 years ago

Who do you have doing the clearcoat?

2 weeks later
#45 9 years ago

So thats two games now, right? I REALLY hope theres a small run available as you mentined above!

1 week later
#46 9 years ago
Quoted from MidWestPin:

The Sailor Jerry Rise 'n Shine was shipped to Australia for use as part of a promotion. We are working on another Shore Leave (Flipper Pool) and another Rise 'n Shine. Both are headed to destinations in the US. Sailor Jerry did say that they are planning to have us build a batch to be offered through their clothing website next Christmas.
I don't think they are planning a new artwork scheme. It is more likely we will repeat the themes that we have. We may end up using a Palace Guard in place of Royal Guard for one game.

Think you should stay with 1 offs instead of trying to kill off games that are already pretty rare, but if you HAVE TO....... almost 5 times as many Royal Guards as Palace Guards out there. Surely there is a beater out there that could be sourced instead of destroying a much rarer Palace Guard...

Offer it up for a swap with someone..

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Think you should stay with 1 offs instead of trying to kill off games that are already pretty rare, but if you HAVE TO....... almost 5 times as many Royal Guards as Palace Guards out there. Surely there is a beater out there that could be sourced instead of destroying a much rarer Palace Guard...
Offer it up for a swap with someone..

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. While I think your finished product looks great I always cringe a little when a hard to find title gets sacrificed for a conversion. Find some 70s Williams games. There quite a few great players with big production numbers and horrible original art.

#48 9 years ago

I would hope they were retheming games in crappy shape.

1 week later
#49 9 years ago

My buddy just got a service call on SJ #1, this game is on location in the lobby of the Pacific Edge Hotel in Laguna Beach and it should be working again this weekend.

#50 9 years ago

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sailor-jerry-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.