11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by BoilerUp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230515_174247.jpg
    #1 11 months ago

Anyone shave with a safety razor, I have a van der hagen razor and I can spend 3 dollars for a box of ten blades.

These are not your razors for non adult men, these things are for men.

#2 11 months ago

I use a straight edge for my sack, this is the way

#3 11 months ago

Quoted from centerflank:

#4 11 months ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Anyone shave with a safety razor, I have a van der hagen razor and I can spend 3 dollars for a box of ten blades.
    These are not your razors for non adult men, these things are for men.

Yep. Another hobby of mine. I always keep an eye out for antique razors at estate sales, thrift stores, ect. Usually can get them for a few bucks and sell them for much more. Do yourself a favor, ditch the vanderhageen blades and pick up gillete silver blues.

20230515_174247.jpg20230515_174247.jpg
    #5 11 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

…and a little aftershave?

#6 11 months ago

I have a couple Merkur safety razors. Ditched the old Gillette plastic garbage long ago. However, I have been rockin' a beard for a long time, so they don't get much love very often. I was really amazed at the quality and selection of razor blades, Feather is my go to. And they last sooo long.

#7 11 months ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Yep. Another hobby of mine. I always keep an eye out for antique razors at estate sales, thrift stores, ect. Usually can get them for a few bucks and sell them for much more. Do yourself a favor, ditch the vanderhageen blades and pick up gillete silver blues.
    [quoted image]

I looked at ww2 spec ones (replicas) but they were pricey.

#8 11 months ago
    Quoted from Artax:

I have a couple Merkur safety razors. Ditched the old Gillette plastic garbage long ago. However, I have been rockin' a beard for a long time, so they don't get much love very often. I was really amazed at the quality and selection of razor blades, Feather is my go to. And they last sooo long.

I don't have a pimple problem now that have been using the razor.

#9 11 months ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

I looked at ww2 spec ones (replicas) but they were pricey.

Yeah, like other hobbies, the price has gone up with vintage safety razors due to the collectors. You can still find some cheap deals though. I just bought about 15 vintage razors for $20 total, an estate sale. A few of them will sell on eBay for more than that.

#10 11 months ago

We use a Rex Ambassador and a Leaf with the pivot head in our house. Typically with Feather blades. The King C Gillettes work just fine too which is nice because you can grab them at Walgreens when you’re traveling.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safety-razors- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.