9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

I'm looking at buying a pin about 20 mins outside Detroit. I've driven downtown(which is nice) and past it a number of times on the way to the airport.
    I'm concerned about safety even though it looks like a well kept little neighborhood. But there are a lot of sketchy areas between those two points unfortunately.
    I'm looking for advice on being safe.
    Bring a large friend?
    Agree to meet at a walmart outside town?

Thanks very much for any advice!

#2 9 months ago

Don't drop it on your foot.

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'm looking at buying a pin about 20 mins outside Detroit. I've driven downtown(which is nice) and past it a number of times on the way to the airport.
    I'm concerned about safety even though it looks like a well kept little neighborhood. But there are a lot of sketchy areas between those two points unfortunately.
    Bring a large friend?

Wear your best Kevlar and have a friend

#4 9 months ago

And make sure you're packing.

#5 9 months ago

Have two. In case you need to leave a sacrifice while you make your getaway.

LTG : )

#6 9 months ago

Definitely take a friend. Find you local online police website and see if they provide a map with documented incidents. There are sites that provide criminal reports on a map. It would at least give you an idea of what types of incidents have occurred previously.

#7 9 months ago

Keep your wad of cash pinned under your windshield wiper and lay on the horn, should be fine.

#8 9 months ago

Just meet at a police station. Maybe it's a Cleveland thing but most police stations around here promote themselves as a "safe sales space" or equivalent for CL, FB and what have you.

#9 9 months ago

I've been in some shady pin buying situations before where they know you are bringing a wad of cash. Consider asking the the seller to take paypal or Venmo if you decide to buy the machine. If they balk, it doesn't mean its not legit, but it might make you more careful.

#10 9 months ago

Did you talk to the seller on the phone? Does he sound like a straight-shooter? Pinsider? What pin?
    Bring a friend even if only for support.

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

Bring a large friend?

What city? 20 minutes outside of Detroit could mean million dollar houses.

#12 9 months ago

This is the most "Canadian" thing I have ever read.

#13 9 months ago

early September snowflakes

#14 9 months ago

I’ve had people who were afraid to drive into nyc to pick up a game before. I remember this one dude who was worried his truck would get stolen.

I tried reminding him it’s not 1977 anymore and he’s more likely to be jostled by a family of tourists Heading to a show or dinner at the Olive Garden than robbed in broad daylight on a block where apartments rent for $10k a month to no avail.

#15 9 months ago

Just wear a Tigers hat, RedWings jersey, and blast the soundtrack to 8 Mile while passing through.

#16 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve had people who were afraid to drive into nyc to pick up a game before. I remember this one dude who was worried his truck would get stolen.
    I tried reminding him it’s not 1977 anymore and he’s more likely to be jostled by a family of tourists Heading to a show or dinner at the Olive Garden than robbed in broad daylight on a block where apartments rent for $10k a month to no avail.

42nd street in 1977 and he would get his balls cut off

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 49.00
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside