(Topic ID: 104923)

Now AVAILABLE - SafeCracker Underplayfield support rails - anyone interested?

By WannaPinball

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

ANOTHER SHORT RUN HAS BEEN PLANNED FOR December 2014 and some have arrived today -Dec 16th, 2014.
But only if I have enough interest ... please PM me if you would like to reserve a set.
No prepayment is requested at this time. Previous threads have shown a positive feedback on these.

They are to reinforce the playfield from horizontal bowing and will reduce existing bowing. These are made with strong industrial materials, not what you find at HomeDepot.

Many have been picked up by Safecracker owners and all feedback has been positive.
The ball runs much truer. The can be installed in about 30 min without taking the playfield out.
Anyone that has installed them, please share your experience.

Anyone needing details can PM me.
The $165 cost INCLUDES shipping and 6 pages of detailed instructions. Enjoy!

#2 9 years ago

Anyone that owns a SC and doesn't have these installed needs to buy them.

It's just a no-brainer ... not only does it protect the pf against damage, but it makes the game play better too!

#3 9 years ago

I am definitely interested but when you get ready let me know. It just depends on the money situation at that time. So please keep me on the list.
Thanks,
Kyle

#4 9 years ago

Thank you for letting me know. So far I have about 5 interested parties and look forward to a few more to make it happen.
- Paul

#5 9 years ago

Interested here as well. Let me know when you want $.

#6 9 years ago

I'm interested too, please let me know.

#7 9 years ago

I'm in for a set. PM me when they are ready. Thx

2 weeks later
#8 9 years ago

Thank you for letting me know! ... This is looking good so far we have about 8 interested parties.
Sending me a PM is a good way for me to have an accurate list.
- Paul

#9 9 years ago

Paul's support rails are a must have for every SC owner.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Paul's support rails are a must have for every SC owner.

I 2nd this. I have had them on from the first run I think. I had no clue the playfield had so much bow in it until I add these and got it flat again.

#11 9 years ago

I'm in for a set when they are done.

Dan

#12 9 years ago

I recently installed a set of these and they are fantastic. Paul did a great job on them and he's a great guy too!

#13 9 years ago

I'm also in for a set when they are done.
David

4 weeks later
#14 9 years ago

Safecracker Underplayfield Rails being made now!

Of course, I ordered extras for others that might be interested.
So, if you are thinking about it and would like to be added to the list, please let me know with a PM.
I am expecting to be shipping the 2nd week of December or so, if all goes well.

Thank you!
- Paul

PS ... have you tried playing Safecracker with smaller 1" balls? Faster and more challenging!
Also, have you modded your score display to be mounted a little lower, making the score easier to see?

#15 9 years ago

Bump for an absolute must if you own a SC.

BTW, I did use 1" balls but found that they were too quick for the opto that triggers the coil that sends the balls up to the lock so went back to standard. I do have a cleared field and it plays plenty fast.

#16 9 years ago

Interesting ... my ball lock sequence has no problem with the 1" balls.

Curious if you did the score display mod?

#17 9 years ago

I have these support brackets from Paul but still haven't installed them. But terrific mod/fix for this game.

Hijacking the thread a tad. If anyone makes wings with hardware for SC please contact me. I would love to buy a set for mine.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from WannaPinball:

Interesting ... my ball lock sequence has no problem with the 1" balls.
Curious if you did the score display mod?

I have not.
In regards to the ball lock, it may be a pitch thing.

3 weeks later
#19 9 years ago

I just received some rails tonight and can now ship.
Thanks.
- Paul

#20 9 years ago

A must if you have a SC. Great product!!

#21 9 years ago

Mine arrived today. Thanks for the prompt shipping!

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

*** I HAVE EXTRA SETS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME in JANUARY 2015. ***

Almost all pre-orders have been paid for and shipped ... I will send reminders to the couple who have not followed through. (still in the red on this project ... not a problem as they will go eventually) All feedback is appreciated.

As information, I used a different producer this round just to have another one familiar with making them. So, this cost more for setup, etc.
I want to hear if any issues I would need to address due to this.
Also curious how helpful the installation document has been.

Thank you to all.
- Paul

4 months later
#23 8 years ago

Just wanted to say that I finally got around to mounting mine a few days ago. No problems following the installation instructions. The playfield went from scarily bowed to almost completely straight, and it is very noticeably more rigid when pulling/raising/lowering. Feels much safer now. As for playability, it feels good. Maybe a bit better, or maybe it's just placebo. Great product, either way -- a must have for any Safecracker, in my opinion.

#24 8 years ago

Are these still available? How long does the install take? I may be interested in a set.

#25 8 years ago

I posted some pics and how to on my blog. They install really easily. The rails are built really well. It's a must for any Safe Cracker.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/installed-safe-cracker-pinball-support-rails/

#26 8 years ago

I put in a set very recently went in easy, besides correcting the bowed PF it also fixed my issue with the shooter rod spring & E clip scrapping under the auto shooter crank, the difference is huge.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I posted some pics and how to on my blog. They install really easily. The rails are built really well. It's a must for any Safe Cracker.
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/installed-safe-cracker-pinball-support-rails/

Absolutely. Makes an amazing difference. If you own a SC, this is a must-have addition.

3 months later
#28 8 years ago

At the request of some, ANOTHER SHORT RUN HAS BEEN COMPLETED in Sept 2015.
A limited number of these are now available!

Anyone needing details can PM me.
The $165 price INCLUDES shipping and 6 pages of detailed instructions. Enjoy!

#29 8 years ago

I forwarded this link to a couple SC owners that I know do not have these. Buy with confidence, these are a MUST have and are a great design, thanks Paul!!

#30 8 years ago

Pm sent

2 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

Thanks to all that requested these ... I have a few sets left if anyone is thinking about these.
2 sets went overseas!

I just got notified by one buyer of a label error and have sent the following message to all the
latest buyers to confirm this as they do the installation.
I would appreciate knowing which ones were mis-marked by means of a PM... Thanks.
====

"VERY IMPORTANT...
PLEASE NOTE: There are 2 holes marked for the short screws...please verify that I marked them correctly.
One person noted that I was off on one of the tape labels "Short screw -->"
Be sure that where there is no black rail on top of the playfield ... these should get the short screws.

Please let me know what you find.
Thank you.
- Paul"

1 year later
#32 6 years ago

Looking for a set of these, will another run be made or are any still available?

1 month later
#33 6 years ago

Any idea if these are still available or if they will be made available again soon?

2 months later
#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Any idea if these are still available or if they will be made available again soon?

Ordered! I can't wait to get them and put them into my Safecracker and see how much it improves!

1 year later
#35 4 years ago

Unfortunately, there are no more in stock. And Paul is not planning any further production. If anyone has these support-brackets in stock, I'm glad for a message. I would like to buy them. Thank you!

3 years later
#36 1 year ago

I'm so late to the party it almost feels useless to post, but if somebody's got a couple of Safecracker support rails, or if Paul decides to build more, I'd like to buy them! Thanks!

2 months later
#37 1 year ago

To all ... I am looking into another run of these SC Support rails ....
Please PM me if you would like to reserve.
Thanks!
- Paul

#38 1 year ago

What is the approximate cost?

#39 1 year ago

Any Safecracker owners that do not have these yet, these are a must have!

1 week later
#40 1 year ago

So I finalized the order for a limited number of new sets and expect them to be ready by around May 1st.
I should be able to have them available for pickup at the Allentown Show ($160 to save on shipping)
Cost when up a little so I just renewed my Pinside ad to show $179 shipped in USA.
I am taking orders now.
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-underplayfield-support-rails-anyone-interested and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.