Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_2392.jpg
SC_Tokens.jpg
IMG_7147.jpg
IMG_7144.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up a Safecracker last week (very cool game). Inside the tubes, I found about 100 coins (of which, 12 were unique). After doing a little research, it looks like there were 20 unique designs (19 gold, 1 silver). Just curious if someone could help me identify what coins are missing from my set. Thanks for any help!

I have 12 different tokens (all gold)
1) Thumb on Trigger
2) Sleeping Guard
3) Safecracker (in smaller font compared to opposite side of coin)
4) ACME Armor Car
5) Dollar Sign Money Bag
6) Satellite Dish?
7) Cash in Hands Smiling Thief
8) Pop Out of Sewer Thief
9) Pair of Dice
10) In Pinball We Trust
11) Candy 2000
12) Robot Dog

Note: I placed a Pinside WTB ad looking for extra coins and decals for the wings. Please let me know if you have any to sell. Thanks again.

#2 8 years ago

You're lucky to have 100 coins. They're getting difficult to find.

#3 8 years ago

I believe you are missing:
1.Flashlight over small safe dial with hands
2.Safe Dial
3.Token Pin
4. Bob's Getaway rental
5. Silver Bank
6. In Pinball We Trust #2 (stopwatch or donut eating cop)
7. Theif on rope
8. Bribe/handing money
Extra - Prototype

#4 8 years ago

Correct - there are 19 bronze and 1 silver designs in a set (plus the prototype).

There are 15 of each in a box of tokens.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks to all for the great information. I didn't realize how rare/expensive these tokens have become. I'm thinking I will just have to be happy with the tokens that came with my machine.

#6 8 years ago

Just pulled these out of my desk drawer. Maybe someday, I'll own another SC.

This is a set of 6 'antiqued' tokens, and a prototype token. I have a Phantom Haus token somewhere around here, too!IMG_7144.JPGIMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7147.JPGIMG_7147.JPG

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Just pulled these out of my desk drawer. Maybe someday, I'll own another SC.
This is a set of 6 'antiqued' tokens, and a prototype token. I have a Phantom Haus token somewhere around here, too!IMG_7144.JPG
IMG_7147.JPG

Very cool collection. Thanks for sharing.

Unrelated question. My Safecracker is running 1.6 software. What roms do I need to order to upgrade to the latest version? Thanks.

#10 8 years ago

There's a 1.1 sound ROM, and the 1.8G and 1.8N CPUs. Seems most people prefer the 1.8G.

#11 8 years ago

Per your website, I see 1.8G, 1.8N, and a sound ROM set. Do I need to order the full sound ROM set if I upgrade to 1.8G or 1.8N? I don't see a 1.1 sound ROM. Thanks for the help.

#12 8 years ago

I have a complete set in a frame with the poster, I am sure I still have a completer nos set somewhere as well!

SC_Tokens.jpgSC_Tokens.jpg

100_2392.jpg100_2392.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Anyone want to trade tokens? I am hoping to make a complete set. See my original post above for details. I have multiples except for the last three on my list. Thanks!

#14 8 years ago

Where can I get the poster?

#16 8 years ago

The Pinball Arcade just released their Safe Cracker table. Pretty cool. Would have loved to have played this when it was new. I would have put all my money into it, just to get a token.

In Pinball Arcade, one of the Wizard goals is to collect all 26 tokens.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Just pulled these out of my desk drawer.

Very cool. We don't have any of the dog or the police man eating the donut.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

all 26 tokens.

26 tokens? Partially the European ones too or just the American ones? I didn't know there were that many.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

26 tokens? Partially the European ones too or just the American ones? I didn't know there were that many.

I have no idea. And I don't see anywhere in the app that even lets you see the ones you collected. So it just looks like you have to get a token 26 times to get the achievement.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Yikes!
ebay.com link » Safe Cracker Rare Safecracker Pinball Promo Poster

ebay.com link: Safe Cracker Rare Safecracker Pinball Promo Poster

Wow, it's even damaged and he wants two bills! Oh, and another $20 to ship!

#21 8 years ago

I somewhere have a set of 20 tokens(19 plus the one silver). How much are these things worth these days? I don't think they have ever been in a machine before.

#22 8 years ago

I'm still kicking myself for not purchasing a box of two of the international tokens when mr. pinball (australia) had them available. you snoose, you lose

#23 8 years ago

Anyone got thoughts on what a sealed box of domestic tokens is worth?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone got thoughts on what a sealed box of domestic tokens is worth?

$20. I'll give you $25 for 'em.

#25 8 years ago

Has anyone thought about getting tokens re-minted? The thought occured to me back in the late 90's, when I thought about making tokens with my own designs on them.

If there was a big enough group, we could run one or two designs.. I'm not sure about the weight or thickness though.

#26 8 years ago

I have about 200 original tokens for my SC. When I took my SC to Expo in 2006, I sourced some 30mm Japanese pachislo tokens to use in mine. IIRC, these were about $20 for 250 at the time. This way I could run the token dispenser and magic token mechs; but not worry about people walking off with the originals. I'm still running them this way with the originals in bags in the coinbox.

ebay.com link: 100 LARGE 30 MM NEW PACHISLO SKILL SLOT MACHINE TOKENS 1 2 DOLLAR SIZE

Yeah they aren't as exciting as the originals, but they dispense and work in the coin mech.

#27 8 years ago

ok, so wayne (mr. pinball) was the person that re-produced the safecracker tokens.

I've reached out to him, to see the specifics on getting another run produced.

so far, it looks like he could re-run them if we got enough people to take a minimum of 100 sets (each set contains 300 coins; 15 each of the 20 designs)

I'm still waiting on what the cost (per box) would be as well as if these would be the u.s. or international sized tokens

#28 8 years ago

wayne just replied:
$150 per set (300 pcs per set, 15 each of 20 designs). be aware, this price probably does not include the shipping costs

and yes, it is possible for him to make them in the domestic size

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wayne just replied:
$150 per set (300 pcs per set, 15 each of 20 designs). be aware, this price probably does not include the shipping costs

I'd be in for Domestic size. Heck, I'd take 2 or 3 boxes, even.

#30 8 years ago

Shoot. If I had a Safe Cracker, I'd probably buy enough sets to fill the tubes. $.50 per token. That sounds pretty good.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

$150 per set (300 pcs per set, 15 each of 20 designs).

Wow! That's a HELL of a discount over what BAA was selling the ones Wayne made a few years back.

https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SC04-10468

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wayne just replied:

Id buy a set. Count me in. Is there a place we can sign up?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Per your website, I see 1.8G, 1.8N, and a sound ROM set. Do I need to order the full sound ROM set if I upgrade to 1.8G or 1.8N? I don't see a 1.1 sound ROM. Thanks for the help.

I can invoice you for what you need individually, no reason to order the whole set.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a PayPal invoice for what you need?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Id buy a set. Count me in. Is there a place we can sign up?

I've created a new topic (see link below). reply to the thread and pm me and I will add your name to the list. when we get close to 100 boxes, I'll contact wayne on how to proceed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-box-o-tokens-reservation-list#post-2589425

#35 8 years ago

I have a Safe Cracker machine with two coin slots but looks like its an import. I was wondering if someone can tell me the size or appearance differences between the international and domestic coins for Safe Cracker. Thanks

#36 8 years ago

Diameters are 1.175 inch (domestic) and 1.190 inch (international). Roughly the size of a half dollar (30mm). A quarter is 25mm.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've created a new topic (see link below). reply to the thread and pm me and I will add your name to the list. when we get close to 100 boxes, I'll contact wayne on how to proceed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-box-o-tokens-reservation-list#post-2589425

100 boxes? There's only 168 Safe Cracker owners on this site...better crosspost to rec.games.pinball, KLOV, www.pinballinfo.com, www.pinballnews.com, www.pinballnirvana.com, www.reddit.com/r/pinball, put up a sign at Chicago Expo...

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I have a Safe Cracker machine with two coin slots but looks like its an import. I was wondering if someone can tell me the size or appearance differences between the international and domestic coins for Safe Cracker. Thanks

You can't tell the difference by looking at them. They are different in size, but it takes a caliper to validate which ones you have.

#39 8 years ago

great thanks for the help everyone, thanks for the size differences Schudel5. I will check with my caliper to see what size I have. Thanks again.

#40 8 years ago

Found on another forum for Pinball Arcade. "The six token discrepancy are the "antiqued" tokens." But I still can't find anywhere in the game to view these.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

put up a sign at Chicago Expo...

That's actually not a bad idea at all. Probably need to put up a sign at the Texas Pinball Festival as well...

4 years later
#42 4 years ago

What’s the story with the ‘antiqued’ tokens? Are they NOS or were they produced at a later date by a 3rd party? And there only seems to be 6 different designs of them. Seems odd.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

What’s the story with the ‘antiqued’ tokens? Are they NOS or were they produced at a later date by a 3rd party? And there only seems to be 6 different designs of them. Seems odd.

my quess is that they were samples before bally finalized the 20 designs used for the game. they also probably were testing different finishes on the tokens. they were produced by bally and also given away by bally as a set

#44 4 years ago

They were designed NOS - don't know if why and if they were very rare or also distributed with each game (I think the last as they were in the past not super super hard to find). The whole nos set can be seen at http://thepaisleys.azurewebsites.net/PaisleyPinball/SC/complete_token_set.htm and are on the flyer / poster.

MrPinball Australia had around 2007 new tokens made - a full set of international tokens could be bought (20 x 15 pieces), or a set of antiqued tokens (6 different * 15 pieces) + 1 prototype token.

Only they made an error with this antiqued rerun ! The original antiqued prototype by WMS was of the getaway truck where you can see the truck in 3D. The rerun of 2007 had the other truck token antiqued (armored truck - truck seen from the side).
So now there exist 7 types of antique token..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-tokens-how-many-designs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.