20230724_214859 (resized).jpg
20230724_214908 (resized).jpg
20230724_214917 (resized).jpg
20230724_214926 (resized).jpg
SC.jpg
sc01 (resized).jpg
76CED567-D3F5-426D-95C3-126ABD33A46C (resized).jpeg
Hammered (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tecumsehplissken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#261 5 years ago

I got a Safecracker yesterday & it has 3 error msgs. & credit dot , had to have it shipped so wondering if perhaps it getting jostled around could have caused this issue but IDK anyhow all three errors have to do with the token mech. 1st one says "check token tube for jam or empty" 2nd. one "check left token mech." and 3rd. one "check right token mech." ///// I looked at the mechs. & tube & cant find anything obvious that could be wrong , yes it has some coins in it....... has anyone else ever seen this or have any pointers as to what I should be checking ??

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A token may have gotten jammed during transit. Go into test mode and see if the game dispenses tokens.

Thanks gweempose for the reply... I just ran the tube test & no coin came out

#264 5 years ago

also I have looked very carefully at all the dispenser mechs & they work fine when the coil rod is moved manually on either side to dispense a coin from the tube

#267 5 years ago

Thanks schudel5 I ran the switch edge test & I looked through the test menu in diagnostics & I cannot find a coil test of any type when I scroll through all of them ?? I do not have a manual for the game but looked at the operators manual pdf file xmission index & I don't see a coil test listed under the test menu there either? when I run the token test & it tells me to push enter to dispense token ... nothing happens

#268 5 years ago

I think perhaps something came unplugged somewhere but I have yet to find anything

#270 5 years ago

Ok Thanks Schudel I did not know the door/switches had to be closed , I will be checking again when I get home from work

#271 5 years ago

Fixed!!! Thanks again to Gweempose & Schudel for weighing in here ... as far as I can discern a token came loose during shipping as I did find one stuck behind a drop target upon delivery & I think perhaps a switch in token dispenser assy. may have been part way open or closed when I first turned game on anyways I had to run the Token test (with coin door buttons depressed) twice to clear both sides & now its working as it should ... confirmed token release during game play & no more error messages or credit dot <3 Pinside

1 month later
#282 5 years ago

Everyone should turn on their safe cracker today to hear the Easter egg birthday message that plays only on October 24 ... I discovered it by accident myself today

1 month later
#311 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thanks guys. I manually moved the mechanism to release one on each side, and it still wasnt working (even when I went in to the test menu) so I factory reset the settings and it's working now, dispensing coins and credit dot gone. Not sure why

had a very similar issue with mine after shipping/arrival ... glad to hear you got it fixed ... just finished playing a few games on mine minutes ago

2 weeks later
#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Got my rails from Paul Drabik in the mail yesterday and promptly installed....frankly - can't see owning a SC without them....my HUO SC had ~1/4" bow in the playfield......now, none.......well made, well machined parts - excellent instructions.....I followed the recommendation of replacing one outlane adjustable post washer with a smaller one and moved one pop bumper diode connection screw a little further over and the install was simple...recommend going slow - thinking it out - clamping and using long magnetic nut drivers.....also make sure to dimple properly and on center before driving the screws....thanks Paul!

Mine arrived yesterday & while am very happy to get them I must admit I am a bit nervous about installing these .... I sure hope my playfield isn't warped 1/2 inch or more as I cant imagine me removing the playfield to install these ..... any recommendation on what type of clamp you used ? a carpenter's type I assume ? .... don't suppose anyone has made a video of the installation???

#322 5 years ago

Big Thanks to Sonic!! providing me with over the phone advice , & tips that helped me get these installed over the weekend my game had quite a bit of warpage more than most perhaps nevertheless was able to get them clamped down & installed Very Pleased ...Great product! Thanks also to Paul Drabik for getting them made

#324 5 years ago

I'm sure it will play different/better but I haven't put playfield down as yet because now waiting for a slingshot linkage that I noticed was broke while under there to arrive (later next week)& probably ok to just let it stand up straight for a few days but I will report back here after I put some time on it

#326 5 years ago

Yeah 1" measured on the left side a lot less on right side ... took 4 clamps to get left side down & straight left it for several hours before screwing it down then left clamps on overnight & installed right side the next morning

9 months later
#366 4 years ago

Just a reminder....... mark October 24 as a day to turn on your Safe Cracker for the Easter egg that is only coded for that day

1 month later
#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

do have a perplexing issue, my magic tokens will not dispense. I have an error warning at power up, which says something like "check left token mech" and "check right token mech". When I try the "dispense token" in the test mode, it doesn't do anything. I examined the token tubes and mechs, and they look fine. About 100 tokens in each tube, and they seem in place. All the wiring looks well soldered and the plugs appear secure.
Any ideas

mine did this same thing too when I got it , I think moving this game , head down etc.. can cause switch errors for the coin mech. if you go back a few pages you can find my posts & how it was remedied , basically run it through switch test WITH COIN DOOR CLOSED or switch depressed , do that a couple of times & see if it doesn't clear

6 months later
#404 3 years ago

& after you hear the coin register you then push start & nothing happens ??

#407 3 years ago

does you coin door look like this ?

20200709_172259[1] (resized).jpg20200709_172259[1] (resized).jpg
2 months later
#428 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

he is happy to make up some sort of decal but would like an idea of what graphic to put there

Just a couple ideas. A graphic of a giant Spring or plunger mechanism? , A cannon ?

#429 3 years ago

Just had another idea but would require an artist. The mechanical robot guard dog , a view from above as if he is looking down that lane ready to pounce

2 years later
#619 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Ah the Seattle tokens...
~1.85mm in thickness...visibly thinner than Texas and the original - so much so that I could easily get the Texas and original to stand on end, but found great difficulty in getting the Seattle token to stand on end... ~30.05mm in diameter...identical to the Texas...bigger than the original....
I think that covers it? I'd reckon the Texas is closer in size to the original, just a tad bigger in diameter...the Seattle is thinner and bigger in diameter than original, but arguably closer to the Texas...
Oh, DropGems I have to say I think SC has an amazing degree of shots and diverse gameplay - I cringe when folks say novelty....I don't believe they've played it enough or owned one...those I know that own one (good luck now!) - tend to never let them go or hold on for a long time....
Matt[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cant post picture now

2 months later
#632 1 year ago

I have a friend looking for a set of the Paul Drabik play field support rails if anyone has a lead. His play field needs them desperately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tecumsehplissken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-club-dig-up-your-coins?tu=tecumsehplissken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.